Debate Mansion

Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

What you think prostitution should be legalized or its illegal??

what am thinking is it should be legalized,as job Prostitution is one of world's oldest profession.If the helpless young women choose to live by their own will, why the govt. is interfering in their private life? Make it legal and control it for better society. Laws can prevent underage girls being victimized. I think it should better legalize it and make it free with medical facilities to check spread venereal diseases.Embarrassed 

No way ... I would not want my tax dollars spent to legalise, regulate and provide free medical care to people and industry that most of us would not associate with. Besides getting the government involved in such a industry would result in more corruption then benefit to the concerned. The fact that something exists , does not mean we have to legalise it.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Friends, most of them are forced to this condition by the circumstances, most of them didn't have a parent to look after or lack of money or a lover / husband traded her for fortune or kidnapped at a tender age. Here in India a lot of kids at a tender age kidnapped from home (all categries, wealthy, aristocratic, poor etc.) These poor persons are also giving tax (not empoyment tax , but all other taxes to the Govt.)

. Then why don't some of the tax paid by me used for the welfare of this unfortunate people.

I am against leagalising this profession, but not against giving some help to the well being of these.

I am lucky enough to have careful, loving parents and to have a good education ,job and a family life. That didn't deter me from having little compassion to these unfortunate people

Edited by nitasuni - 05 November 2007 at 10:14am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

I am against leagalising this profession, but not against giving some help to the well being of these.

AgreeSmile and wellsaidClapClapClap
Most of the people are forced into prostitution..the basic reasons behind these acts need to be well assessed and the health of the present sex workers should be the top prioroity instead of legalizing prostitutionSmile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Legalize prostitution.

I think the ethics and morality of prostitution are another subject. The plain matter of fact is that prostitution is very much a part of society. A part that cannot be ignored. Right now with its illegal status millions of people are at risk.

Legalization of prostitution will put organizational institution in the profession. It will provide adequate health care, education and provision for protection.

In my opinion Amsterdam has done a great job managing its prostitution. It is a regulated legalized business. There is a prostitute information center that educates, informs, counsels both people and prostitutes. There are strict registration procedures to be a prostitute that minimizes child prostitution and illegal human trafficking. There is consistent health care, usage of condoms is enforced. There is also close circuit camera security protection to prevent abuse.

On the other hand look at Eastern Europe, and Thailand. Thousands of people flock there for sex tourism. There is absolutely no regulation. Human trafficking and child prostitution is high. AIDS is spreading like a wildfire. There is no healthcare or protection. And anyone is at risk for being raped, abuse, beaten or even killed.

For the overall safety and regulation, it is best if prostitution be legalized.

Yes, legalize them, have management institutes conduct management courses and... and promote it as a valid profession....and have graduate courses in universities......Masters, bacehlor and certificate courses...whatever that means.... I think if this path is pursued it will leave every other profession behind........way behind...

@QWERTY !!! Imagine the Professors in the universties and colleges mentioned by youConfusedLOLTongue..hahaha...no one will miss a single classLOL

Dont know wht kind of assignments and projects would there be..... LOLLOLLOL...

How about some sort of real time projectsTongue..which give good placements......
Back to the topic...
If the services of prostitutes are on par with the military,legal,medical ,educational services....then there should be professionalism and quality checks and ranking to those individuals or organizations..just like IS0 audits and rankingsSmile
Imagine.....Smile
The legalization of the services of prostitutes will bring much more trauma to the women...particulary to the poor people....and some girls will not hesitate doing part time jobs as it would not be any more illegalSmile
No one hates the prostitutes but the work of prostitution is not encourage able..

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 10:16am | IP Logged
@ mythili_Kiran The legalization of the services of prostitutes will bring much more trauma to the women...particulary to the poor people....and some girls will not hesitate doing part time jobs as it would not be any more illegal
No one hates the prostitutes but the work of prostitution is not encourage able..

In this point I agree with you., especially in India. 

Edited by nitasuni - 05 November 2007 at 10:17am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:43pm | IP Logged

Legalize prostitution.

I think the ethics and morality of prostitution are another subject. The plain matter of fact is that prostitution is very much a part of society. A part that cannot be ignored. Right now with its illegal status millions of people are at risk.

Legalization of prostitution will put organizational institution in the profession. It will provide adequate health care, education and provision for protection.

In my opinion Amsterdam has done a great job managing its prostitution. It is a regulated legalized business. There is a prostitute information center that educates, informs, counsels both people and prostitutes. There are strict registration procedures to be a prostitute that minimizes child prostitution and illegal human trafficking. There is consistent health care, usage of condoms is enforced. There is also close circuit camera security protection to prevent abuse.

On the other hand look at Eastern Europe, and Thailand. Thousands of people flock there for sex tourism. There is absolutely no regulation. Human trafficking and child prostitution is high. AIDS is spreading like a wildfire. There is no healthcare or protection. And anyone is at risk for being raped, abuse, beaten or even killed.

Yes, legalize them, have management institutes conduct management courses and... and promote it as a valid profession....and have graduate courses in universities......Masters, bacehlor and certificate courses...whatever that means.... I think if this path is pursued it will leave every other profession behind........way behind...

@QWERTY !!! Imagine the Professors in the universties and colleges mentioned by youConfusedLOLTongue..hahaha...no one will miss a single classLOL

How about some sort of real time projectsTongue..which give good placements......
Back to the topic...
If the services of prostitutes are on par with the military,legal,medical ,educational services....then there should be professionalism and quality checks and ranking to those individuals or organizations..just like IS0 audits and rankingsSmile
Imagine.....Smile
The legalization of the services of prostitutes will bring much more trauma to the women...particulary to the poor people....and some girls will not hesitate doing part time jobs as it would not be any more illegalSmile

LOLLOL waht are they going to do ISO audit... art/process of undressing....LOL

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 1:38am | IP Logged

Legalize prostitution.

Back to the topic...
Imagine.....Smile

No commentsLOL.

Infact ...this part of the debate(the conversation between QWERTY and Myth) just shows how impractical or foolish is to legalize  Prostitution.SmileSmileSmile

Hope anyone did'nt feel offended by this conversationSmile

Cheers,

Myth

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 06 November 2007 at 1:39am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged

No commentsLOL.

Infact ...this part of the debate(the conversation between QWERTY and Myth) just shows how impractical or foolish is to legalize  Prostitution.SmileSmileSmile

Hope anyone did'nt feel offended by this conversationSmile

Cheers,

Myth

Oye myth dont be mythological.. we are all morrdern kiya? Btw, I would just want enough legality to prevent treating them in an inhuman manner.. for eg...police think they are a uncultured door mats of a cultured society..so can be treated in anyway way conducive to themselves,  criminals think since the society doesnt support them they can have their way with these hapless creatures.....

Our govt would prefer begging from WB than getting revenue by taxing them anyways.... harrrraaaam ki kamai hui na woh......LOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 06 November 2007 at 10:53am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top