Debate Mansion

Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by Believe

What you think prostitution should be legalized or its illegal??

what am thinking is it should be legalized,as job Prostitution is one of world's oldest profession.If the helpless young women choose to live by their own will, why the govt. is interfering in their private life? Make it legal and control it for better society. Laws can prevent underage girls being victimized. I think it should better legalize it and make it free with medical facilities to check spread venereal diseases.Embarrassed 

need  views and comments about good and bad things about the effect of prostituion and society.Smile

Well, I have been reading this post since long and am not sure whether to get it legalized or not. I still can't decide about it. As some other memebers mentioned my knowledge about this subject is also limited to movies. I saw this movie "Born into Brothels" by Ross Kauffman and Zana Briski about Calcutta's red light area kids and it was just painful. The way they are treated by their parents, caregivers and the world. They want to become something but as they are born in brothels they will live there for ever and be one of them when they grow up. These kids come from disturbed background and they know their mother is in different room doing it and they go in that room to give the customer drink or something. What do you expect from such kids when they grow up? If anyone get chance to see it i would recomend you see taht movie, its more of a documentary. It was indeed heart wrenching. They were not taken in regular school even if they want too just 'coz they come from red light area. Do you think if the prostitution gets legalized probably all schools will enroll such kids?
On the other hand, there are girls who are forced into this and we know about that. Umrao Jaan was another example. There are some women who do get into this for their pleasure, but most of the mass is just forced into this one way or other. If we legalize prostitution even government won't be able to help them out and people forcing them will be proud of what they are doing and it may increase their domination even more.

couldn't agree more. Of the 8 million or so workers in India a quarter are minors or children. they are abducted, bought off from extremely poor parents.

Originally posted by Willows

I personally believe poverty is a curse, legalizing x trade would lead to at least one benefit wherein the people in the trade are not harassed for they are going by the book, now what is happening the trade is happening anyways, but since it is not legal, an employment opportunity is created for our power hunger and corrupt system, hence legal status would at least give some relief to already exploited persons in the trade.

It might offer some economic respite for workers already in the trade, but if the profession is legalized think of how many more innocents will be forced into this.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Willows

Willows

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mist

Originally posted by Willows

I personally believe poverty is a curse, legalizing x trade would lead to at least one benefit wherein the people in the trade are not harassed for they are going by the book, now what is happening the trade is happening anyways, but since it is not legal, an employment opportunity is created for our power hunger and corrupt system, hence legal status would at least give some relief to already exploited persons in the trade.

It might offer some economic respite for workers already in the trade, but if the profession is legalized think of how many more innocents will be forced into this.

I believe the rule book would and should take care only people who are willing should be in the trade, and there would be enough safefguards to protect innocents, infact the rule book should be comprehensive and take care of entry and exit from trade.

Trust this kind of legislation would avoid any innocent getting trapped in the trade.

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Again, I dont think India is ready for what you propose Willows.. Right now in this country we are not able to control children getting trapped in the trade when there are laws against the profession. How can we effectively implement this rulebook that ensures to safeguard the innocent.

Willows

Willows

Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mist

Again, I dont think India is ready for what you propose Willows.. Right now in this country we are not able to control children getting trapped in the trade when there are laws against the profession. How can we effectively implement this rulebook that ensures to safeguard the innocent.

i appreciate your reply, i am not suggesting legalising trade, i am just stating what i personally believe could be the single important benefit of legalising the trade.

regards;

Kamlesh.

Katishna

Katishna

Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

What you thinkprostitution should be legalized or its illegal??

what am thinking is it should be legalized,as job Prostitution is one of world's oldest profession.If the helpless young women choose to live by their own will, why the govt. is interfering in their private life? Make it legal and control it for better society. Laws can prevent underage girls being victimized. I think it should better legalize it and make it free with medical facilities to check spread venereal diseases.Embarrassed

need views and comments about good and bad things about theeffect of prostituion and society.Smile

Prostitution legal yah pir illegal. Jaab sindoor mang meh barah hain tho pir ladki apne pati ki saath hain lekhn jaab sindoor ne hain tho pir iske matlaab no commitment so mehi ketee hoon ladki ki choice hain.

Government wants us to be safe. Remember when a girl does prostitution and charges tax soon that goes to the government and the government doesn't want dirty money.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 02 November 2007 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Similar Post Merged. Thanks!

Originally posted by proud-Japanese

Really kool debate mansion

I have a question for all you there…please give ur views

Do you think prostitution be allowed when it is all adults in places under govt. control and they have taken the STD exams and also they don't have any problem..& wh

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 November 2007 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Legalize prostitution.

I think the ethics and morality of prostitution are another subject. The plain matter of fact is that prostitution is very much a part of society. A part that cannot be ignored. Right now with its illegal status millions of people are at risk.

Legalization of prostitution will put organizational institution in the profession. It will provide adequate health care, education and provision for protection.

In my opinion Amsterdam has done a great job managing its prostitution. It is a regulated legalized business. There is a prostitute information center that educates, informs, counsels both people and prostitutes. There are strict registration procedures to be a prostitute that minimizes child prostitution and illegal human trafficking. There is consistent health care, usage of condoms is enforced. There is also close circuit camera security protection to prevent abuse.

On the other hand look at Eastern Europe, and Thailand. Thousands of people flock there for sex tourism. There is absolutely no regulation. Human trafficking and child prostitution is high. AIDS is spreading like a wildfire. There is no healthcare or protection. And anyone is at risk for being raped, abuse, beaten or even killed.

For the overall safety and regulation, it is best if prostitution be legalized.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 04 November 2007 at 5:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Legalize prostitution.

I think the ethics and morality of prostitution are another subject. The plain matter of fact is that prostitution is very much a part of society. A part that cannot be ignored. Right now with its illegal status millions of people are at risk.

Legalization of prostitution will put organizational institution in the profession. It will provide adequate health care, education and provision for protection.

In my opinion Amsterdam has done a great job managing its prostitution. It is a regulated legalized business. There is a prostitute information center that educates, informs, counsels both people and prostitutes. There are strict registration procedures to be a prostitute that minimizes child prostitution and illegal human trafficking. There is consistent health care, usage of condoms is enforced. There is also close circuit camera security protection to prevent abuse.

On the other hand look at Eastern Europe, and Thailand. Thousands of people flock there for sex tourism. There is absolutely no regulation. Human trafficking and child prostitution is high. AIDS is spreading like a wildfire. There is no healthcare or protection. And anyone is at risk for being raped, abuse, beaten or even killed.

For the overall safety and regulation, it is best if prostitution be legalized.

The above written are correct, but India is not ready for leagalising prostitution. You don't know  in India what the hypocrates are doing.

If a girl child is below 18 (now it is 16) it is said to be that the person force her to do adultry will be sentenced. Here so many such cases are made public and in the process of  under and after investigations. but in almost all cases the accused walk out freely. In one of the cases it is observed that a girl of 13 from a hillside village has not escaped from the pablic transports while she was forced to travell under custody of the villains.And declared she has done all this  willingly. A lot of NGOs interfered. But the Villains escaped.

If it is leagalised you cannot imagine what will happen here. Sure, a lot of innocent girls will be abducted, or telling sweet things  to the girls make use of them and their life will be spoiled.Then, if it is legalised,  the law will be with the persons who abducting/spoiling the girl.

Edited by nitasuni - 04 November 2007 at 7:30am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top