Debate Mansion

Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:07am | IP Logged
I am not in favor of lawfully legalized it but why making it illegal by act. When we can't provide the prositutes a social recognization and give a respectable profession, then why taking off the means from which they are living right now.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
mad_cap thank you Smile for the valuable information. I was unaware of the specifics behind the two acts.

I have to rethink my take in another thread. Embarrassed

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
It is far too early for such a step in India. In advanced economies it will serve well, but we are too poor as a nation. Legalizing this is like pushing some one torn with poverty to succumb to circumstances.
Unhappy

Willows

Willows

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mist

It is far too early for such a step in India. In advanced economies it will serve well, but we are too poor as a nation. Legalizing this is like pushing some one torn with poverty to succumb to circumstances.
Unhappy

I personally believe poverty is a curse, legalizing x trade would lead to at least one benefit wherein the people in the trade are not harassed for they are going by the book, now what is happening the trade is happening anyways, but since it is not legal, an employment opportunity is created for our power hunger and corrupt system, hence legal status would at least give some relief to already exploited persons in the trade.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Willows

Unhappy

I personally believe poverty is a curse, legalizing x trade would lead to at least one benefit wherein the people in the trade are not harassed for they are going by the book, now what is happening the trade is happening anyways, but since it is not legal, an employment opportunity is created for our power hunger and corrupt system, hence legal status would at least give some relief to already exploited persons in the trade.

well said willow..Thumbs Up....whats ur view about bar dancers??Embarrassed

Willows

Willows

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Willows

Unhappy

well said willow..Thumbs Up....whats ur view about bar dancers??Embarrassed

Unless the administrating agency are upto their mark, prostitution or dance bar will lead to immorality in young and impressionable youth, what we need in addition to a rule book a strict implementing agency or else society is better off without any legality, at least we will save the parliament costs of debating and making a statute book for the trade. 

-SooSweet-

Goldie

-SooSweet-

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vishesh

Originally posted by Vishesh

If Majority of Women , discuss this thing.. and come forward and request to make it Legal, i think then Govt. should think abt it's pros and cons.

i don't like this prostitute idea.. , but if it will be made legal, tomorrow my daughter can come to me, and can say that "i am going in this profession, and it is legal, i am not doing anything wrong. and u can't stop me."

(maybe i am being emotional now)

I saw "Julie" movie ,in that movie too, the heroine was cheated first, and in the last... she also wanted to have a husband and children..

it has a very good dialogue..( i forget the correct one.. i will try to add later)..

ok now i slept on this thought.. and it is morning 6:45AM... Good Morning to me.. now i have some more ideas abt this topic....especially comments on my comments...

i don't like feel of "legalising" it.. Because that show that we Accept it...but it is Legal, then Women must have demanded it... and now I see as a Right of Woman... Yes she shud have right abt her body.. And as Brothel are illegal,.. then it is abt only individual right!... living off the earnings of a prostitute, soliciting or seducing for the purposes of prostitution are all punishable offenses. There are severe penalties for child prostitution and trafficking of women.

first that daughter issue, which i wrote emotionally...."Believe" thanks for such concern... Yeah, now i thnk...

yes it is allowed, it doesn't mean that.. we accepted that "prostitution" is good, we just accpted her own right on her body. Drinking, Smoking are also legally allowed.. but that doesn't mean , that these are good things and ppl are being encouraged for this.

Julie dialogue... in movie "julie".. julie is a prostitute..and she has delivered a long dialogue in the climax... i don't remember the exact dialogue.. But once she says "if u ppl think that Prostitution is good for society, and it will stop Rape and other crimes, then why don't u send ur daughters in this social service, and why don't u educate n train them to be prostitute as u think of making them doctors n engineers." That is a sarcastic remark.

Yes Julie is  a very good movie depicting the life of a prostitute and her dialogues in climax is ultimate..

Willows

Willows

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 12:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kavith_2305

Yes Julie is  a very good movie depicting the life of a prostitute and her dialogues in climax is ultimate..

I have been reading this post and have read references being made to Julie and other movies, i do believe at times movies are reflection of our society, but as far as Julie is concerned both the producer and protagonist playing the role, were not interested in educating or contributing to society by making some social movie, but they both were more interested in selling themselves as commodity and market the movie and make money, what they did was devalue the human principles by shown indignation caused to the female in the movie.

I personally believe the reference to movie Julie and any inference would be wrong for the nor the movie nor the actress Neha Duphia did any benefit to the society, infact i believe the movie bombed at the box office, inspite of some avoidable scenes and language.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top