Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Prostitution is LEGAL or ILLEGAL?? (Page 10)

nitasuni Senior Member
nitasuni
nitasuni

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

This topic comes up several time and on several forums and on this issue , examples of Amsterdam were given. So here is the news where authorities in Amsterdam admit themselves about the failure of this process

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-12-17-amsterdam-pros titution-plan_N.htm

this clarifiies my fear.

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 25 December 2007 at 3:31am | IP Logged
For those poverty ridden girls who have nothing but their bodies to sell, it's ok if they opt for prostitution. It's a living hell for those little girls and teenagers and ladies who are forced into this, or who are sold and expolited....

I heard that some girls for well off families step into this trade just for fun and exitement . This is quite shocking to me and makes me think wherez our society heading?

Before thinking abt legalizing this profession I think we need to reform our society and people's mindset which is getting SICKER day by day. Every woman is considered as a sex object..There was a time in India where prostitutes were highly respected. Today, forget the prostitutes the womenfolk don't get the respect they deserve...I don't understand hOW this step of legalizing prostitution will reduce the rate of crimes like rape and human trafficking! In this country a girl frm the age of 3 months to 70-80 yrs is under the threat of rape, they're not safe frm even their family members...
*Jane* Senior Member
*Jane*
*Jane*

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
I don't know what the laws are elsewhere but in the United States, prostitution is illegal (except for Rhode Island and parts of Nevada).

In my opinion, it should be legalized (everywhere) because it's doing more damage then good if it's illegal. This is the type of business that, whether it's legal or not, would still happen. By legalizing and keeping tabs, it'll be much safer for both client and seller. As for children getting involved, well this is the reason why we need to keep tabs. We could be using all that energy to track down rapists and such then to arrest consenting adults for doing the deed for money. It's simply a waste of resources that can be used to do something more productive.
Mya1 Senior Member
Mya1
Mya1

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
No offence but by legalising prostitution then what's next? I don't want my child to grow up thinking that prostution would make a good career for her. I do sympathise with women/girls who are forced into this kind of work but would legalising it really control sti and std etc. I just think that safeguards should be put into place but I don't know how these would come by if not into statute?

Go to top