Users

Frequent Posters

Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

"I am blessed to play Rukmini"- Priya Bhatija

Sunday, July 31, 2011 | 11:30:37 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    18 Comments
"I am blessed to play Rukmini"- Priya Bhatija

TellyBuzz in conversation with Priya Bhatija who plays the gorgeous Rukmini in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

Priya Bhatija could undoubtedly be called as the chosen one as she is playing one of the most prominent characters in the Indian mythology. She is playing Rukmini in Imagine's Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna.

There are only a few blessed ones who are as lucky as her. Let us hear it from Priya what she really feels portraying such an spic character.

How is it playing your first role in a Mythological show?
This is my first mythological show and I am completely enjoying the role.

What are the preparations that you did for the role?
Actually I did not really know about the proper history of Krishna and Rukmini. Hence I read about she being the Avtar of Laxmi and how she was the first wife of Krishna etc. There are very few television shows that actually showed the life of Sri Krishna.

Have you seen the performance of Channa Ruparal in the earlier Mahabharata?
Not really.

What challenges are you facing while portraying Rukmini?
The only challenge that I faced initially was the pronunciation of the Sanskrit words that were incorporated in the dialogues. But today I am used to it. Another main challenge for me is to carry the heavy costume and jewellery that I wear every day. I feel that I am getting ready for my marriage every day. But at the end of the day I am glad that I look mind blowing on screen.

Doing a mythological role does not fall into everyone's kitty. You are one of the lucky ones.
Yes, I am the chosen one in this regard and I am glad that lot have been invested in the show for its best execution.

What are the traits where you can relate to Rukmini?
Frankly speaking, I have not really much thought about it. Priya is subtle like Rukmini, but at the same time her reaction depends on the situation.

A memorable moment from the show?
All the moments with Vishal (Vishal Karwal), Hemant (Hemant Chadha) and Gauri (Gauri Harmit Kaur) are memorable. People on the sets pamper me by giving me chocolates every day. I remember when I fell ill initially, Vishal bought nice chocolates for me.

What were the learning experiences from the role and the show?
For me every day is a learning experience. From the past six years I have been learning every hour and every minute. When you work with different directors, there will be a lot to learn.

You have already worked with Imagine before. How has the association been?
I have worked with Imagine earlier during Basera and Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo. It's like coming back home where I met my old friends.

How spiritual are you in real?
I do believe in God, but I am not that kind of a person who always goes to the temple and pray. I pray by heart.

How is the experience shooting in Baroda?
It is really hot here but at the same time I am getting some time for myself. I reach within 20 minutes back to my room which was impossible in Mumbai. Initially I felt a little weird about this, but I am enjoying that as well.

Do you miss the buzz of Mumbai?
Yes, of course I do miss it very badly.

What is the routine that you have there?
I get up in the morning and by 9:30 I am on the sets for shoot. In the evening I reach by 9:30 and I make it a point to watch my episode after freshening up. There is a repeat telecast that is shown after the normal time.

Being in Baroda what do you miss more?
I miss all my friends and family, the vada pav, pav baji and all the food there. Here we get dhoklas and khakhras.

You really have loud and colourful attire, does it take a long time to get dressed up and are you feeling comfortable?
It nearly takes almost an hour to get dressed up. Though it is heavy, I am really happy that I am looking really beautiful in the attire.

What was the reaction of your parents when they came to know that you are going to play Rukmini?
They were really happy and my father said you are blessed to play Rukmini.

What would you like to tell your fans?
I would like you to watch the show because we are not showing a fiction story here. There is a lot of study that has gone into it. Kindly watch the show.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan
Dpka1415 thumbnail

|| EPISODE # 26 SUMMARY ||

Krishna ji asks the Yam dev or Yam doot (sory dont remember who was he :P i was busy with some work :P) to return the life of the baby of Krutverma(KV) and in return take 40years of Lord Krishna's destined life on the Earth.He agrees,sun is ready to set and Rukmini and Revathy asks Devaki Maa to hold the baby in her arms.KV's wife continues her curses on Devaki Maa.The moment she picks the baby he comes to life.Then KV n his wife apologise.Everyone's happy.Back 2Dwarka.Devaki maa is in her chamber.Krishna comes.She tries to touch his feet.He Stops her from doin so.She says now i realise people who say that you are the Supreme Lord are correct.She pleads to him to bring back her 6sons to life who were ruthlessly killed by Kans. He says its beyond my control.I cant go against the rules as he's born in the Human spicie.She still pleads...not ready to understand.Next scene Baldau calls Krishna and asks him why he's not giving what Devaki maa wants.He give the same explaination to Dau also.Scene shifts back to Devaki Maa with Krishna.Mother this time takes a pledge.She says aaj BHAGWAN KE NEEYAM EK MAA KE AAGE HAARENGE.If Krishna cant bring them back she'll die and meet her sons in the other world.

|HARE HARE |
 || DWARKADHEESH HARE ||
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Sagar Pictures to make a mytho for Imagine TV

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 | 4:11:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    23 Comments
Sagar Pictures to make a mytho for Imagine TV

After Jai Shri Krishna its Dwarkadhish by Sagar Pictures on imagine...

After making Jai Shri Krishna for Colors, Sagar Pictures is planning to bring in another Mytho which will depict the life of Lord Krishna.

A source from the industry says, "Sagar Pictures is making a mytho show for Imagine tentatively titled as Dwarkadhish. The show will focus not only on Lord Krishna, but also on the life and relation of Krishna with Radha and Rukamani which is less narrated onscreen."

"The audition for the show is on and the show will go on floor once the cast gets finalized. The production house is mainly roping those actors who have already worked with them in their previous projects, "adds source.

We tried to get in contact with Amrit Moti and even sent him a text but did not get any revert.

After the great response got for Chandragupta Maurya. guess this has to be a big launch for Imagine...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar
Vr15h thumbnail

Priya Bhatija to essay Rukmini in Imagine's Dwaarkadheesh..

Saturday, June 04, 2011 | 6:43:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    26 Comments
Priya Bhatija to essay Rukmini in Imagine's Dwaarkadheesh..

Priya Bhatija will essay the role of Rukmini in Imagine's upcoming historical..

TellyBuzz was the first to report about Imagine's next historical venture after the success of Chandragupta Maurya in Sagar Pictures' Dwaarkadheesh.

Its already out in the media that the chocolate boy Vishal Karwal has grabbed the prized role of Lord Krishna in the show.

We now hear that Priya Bhatija who was last seen in Imagine's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo as Sudha has been roped in to play the beautiful Rukmini.

A little birdie tells us, "Priya Bhatija has been finalized to essay Rukmini. Dwaarkadheesh will depict the least talked about phase in Krishna's life, that is about the divine love story of Krishna and Rukmini. Vishal Karwal has already shot for the promo which will go on air very soon. Along with Priya, Hemant Chaddha has been finalized to play the role of Balram. Renowned actor Murli Sharma who was last seen in Laagi Tujhse Lagan will play an important cameo".

We tried calling Priya Bhatija, but she remained unavailable.

Murli Sharma on his part told us, "Talks are still on and I can talk about it only after few days. If an interesting cameo comes my way, I usually grab it as that is the least I can do on TV at the moment".

Hemant Chaddha remained unavailable for comment.

The shoot of Dwaarkadheesh will commence from 12th June at Baroda.

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
Vr15h thumbnail

Gauri Harmit Kaur to play Revathy in Dwarkadheesh

Sunday, July 03, 2011 | 1:10:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    6 Comments
Gauri Harmit Kaur to play Revathy in Dwarkadheesh

Gauri Harmit Kaur to play Balram's wife, Revathy in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

Gauri Harmit Kaur who was last seen in Imagine's Meera as Meera's mother will now essay Revathy in Imagine's new show Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna produced by Sagar Pictures.

A source says, "Gauri has been finalized to play Balram's wife Revathy in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna. Since Gauri had worked with Sagar Pictures earlier in Meera, the Production House was keen on taking her for the role of Revathy."

We contacted Gauri and she said, "Yes, I am plying Revathy in Dwarkasheesh and I am really excited about the character."

Balram will be eaasyed by Hemant Chadha...

Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna is set to launch on 4th July  at 8 pm on Imagine TV.
ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow wooww woowww... awesommeee start...!!!
Dpka1415 thumbnail

wooowww more articles !!

awesome Vrish ! 👍🏼

|| Episode 27 : Summary||
(9th Aug,2011)

Krishna again tries to convice Devaki Maa but she's not ready to listen anything.Then Krishna finally accepts it and says now no matter what the whole world will say after he modifies the rules of the Brahmaand for his mother, He will do th...is to get rid of the Matri-Rinn.
He leaves from Brahma-Lok on his chariot and on reaching the Brahma lok he tell the whole thing to Brahma ji that he has promised his mother to bring back those 6 sons of her's who were killed by Kans as soon as they were born.Brahma ji says those 6 were the Devtas who once insulted him and they were cursed to born on the Mrityulok and die as soon as they were born and right now they are in the detya lok (Kingdom of Raja Bali-Grandson of Bhakt Prahlad from whom Lord Vishnu asked land equal to his 3 foot-steps when he incarnated as the Vaman Avatar).Krishna reaches Detya lok and the guards of Raja Bali dont allow him to meet their king.But later on when Raja comes to know Krishna ji has come he rushes to the main entrance and greets him. Then after knowing the whole story he agrees to give him those 6 aatmas who were born to Devaki Maa.
Scene shifts to Dwarka.Devaki Maa waiting for her babies,suddenly the 6 babies appear on the bed.She becomes very emotional.Krishna enters and after seeing mother so much emotional and happy with very heavy heart he tells the turth to Mata that these 6 babies cant be with her for long.WIth the power of his Sudharshan Chakra he has stopped the Kaal Chakra but that wont last for very long.
THE END

|HARE HARE|
||DWARKADHEESH HARE||
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Awesome thread, Deeps, this was very much needed in this forum!👏 Will surely be back to give my views on the episodes so far.😃

ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Deepika Di---- thankkk u sooo much for d last epi... I was sooo sad as I cudn't watch it yesterday... :((( ... thannnxxx a loottt...
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ankita2804

Deepika Di---- thankkk u sooo much for d last epi... I was sooo sad as I cudn't watch it yesterday... :((( ... thannnxxx a loottt...

no probs dear...u can catch up @12.30pm today... it was awes0me !!!
i loved yesterday's epi in temrs of special effects, the message to audience and the dialogues !!!😍