Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 August 2011 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
My vegas has been crashing a lot lately, to the point that I almost uninstalled it and deleted all my projects. But after some research, I figured out that there are certain steps that can be taken in order to reduce, if not stop, the constant crashing.

1) Keep your registry clean. A lot of mess gets cluttered in the registry due to crashes/failed render attempts etc, which further aggravate the problem. Make sure to download/buy a good registry cleaner and run it once every week.

2) The dynamic RAM preview feature is an important key to solving this issue to a great extent. This is the one that ultimately worked for me. Go to Options > Preferences > Click on the Video tab > Reduce your dynamic RAM preview to 16 MB > Apply. By default, your RAM preview is set to 512 MB which is insanely high. It eats up a lot of the RAM which might cause the crash.

3) If you have an Anti-virus/Malware/Spyware, try disabling it temporarily before rendering. A lot of times Anti-virus softwares interfere with the rendering process. 

4) In your Project Media tab, there is a small lightening bolt figure on the top left corner. It basically gets rid of the unused footage. Click on it to clear the clutter and try rendering again.

5) Make sure you aren't running any heavy base process in the background while rendering - Installation of any software, for example. Stall everything until your rendering is done. 

6) When you click on 'Render as', next to the 'Template' tab, there is an option called 'Custom', click on it, go the video and change the format to WMV 8 or lower (if you're encoding into WMV) Try rendering again.

Hope these tips helped you, because I know what it feels like to have Vegas crash on you again and again Angry

If you have any more tips, feel free to share.

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

--Preeti---Deepali--Araina-..Anj..-Siaa-Nims-RadiantTreasuredusknatashuneha_mjht-ScaredAngel-Anhdara13FavouriteofallYukti_Ratzholicablazedmelodydebasree04-Jahnvi-aa123.80Rabba-Ve-DelenaSiddhi_ilovepyaariTangled_25SunShine_AP.Kamaljit.Seanindiandoll89Nadz_YuNalover

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does your vegas keep crashing?" in VideoMix forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 22 August 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged
You've always been a lot of help Neetz!! Thank you!! Hug

-Lana

IF-Stunnerz

-Lana

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
I will say it helps better if u render the project in Mp4 than wmv 8. The quality is better, it is faster and also doesn't take much of speace..

Well this works very good for me..but my vegas is not crashing now, cuz i have the best answer..thats to buy the product..hehe

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RadiantTreasureMadhura..

aventis

aventis

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 5:49pm | IP Logged

Edited by aventis - 28 April 2012 at 11:00pm

raspberrytorte

IF-Rockerz

raspberrytorte

Posted: 02 November 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Thts why i dont use vegas lool

Sadie.Saxton

IF-Rockerz

Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 18 November 2011 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
I dont know why, but for some reason my vegas stopped rendering vidos... like it will go to a certain percentage and then freeze.

Anyone know how to fix that?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eshaaax3.

bogert

bogert

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
My vegas also sometimes make errors.I dont know why It happens.
I am looking forward to leave this tool.

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 26 November 2011 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArHi.

I dont know why, but for some reason my vegas stopped rendering vidos... like it will go to a certain percentage and then freeze.

Anyone know how to fix that?

That is exactly what you call 'crashing'. Try any of the above given solutions. If it still doesn't work, feel free to contact me.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top