India-Forums

Up close n personal with ACP Pradyuman

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Up, close & personal with ACP Pradyuman
Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Murder, mystery, intrigue, suspense and a chill down your spine is what the show CID is built on. This show  has successfully been running since the past 14 years, with ACP Pradyman aka Shivaji Satam leading from the forefront. We speak to the actor as he reveals about what makes the show so popular, recalls fan incidents and much more.

Showing 1  of 7 images  Previous     Next

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's been 14 years so how does CID still hold your interest?
CID has been a part of my life for 14 years now and I can never tired of playing ACP Pradyuman because I can never get bored of acting. The character is close to my heart and the show still has its loyal viewers who have been watching it for years now.
The show is being made into a movie, can you update us on that front?
The movie is in the pipleine and is still at the planning stage. I am sure the movie will begin soon.

CID has a lot of young fans. Why do you think the show appeals to the youth?
A lot of fans have told me that they relate to the three protagonists ACP Pradyuman, Abhijeet and Daya and the happenings in our lives. All the characters in CID are very real and the show stresses on love and loyalty towards the country. My character ACP Pradyuman killed his own son because he was a criminal who refused to surrender to the police. Of course as a father I grieved his death but the message was that duty towards the country comes first.
CID does not glorify crime because we have a certain social responsibly. We also make it a point to avoid showing crimes on women and children. We shy away from morbidity. I think these are some of the factors that make the show a hit with young viewers.

You have a trademark hand gesture, who came up with the idea?
The mannerisms of a character are the actor's contribution (laughs). It is the mannerisms that help to make characters larger than life and it is the same with ACP Pradyuman. I am glad that people like my hand gesture.

Which have been your favourite cases?
If I had to pick then the episode where I killed my own son is my favourite as I got to portray a range of emotions, since I had to choose between my love for my son and my responsibility towards the country. Then there was also the episode where I had gone to solve a case and ended up getting kidnapped and was on the verge of getting killed. Another favourite is the episode where I convince Abhijeet to return to the CID.

Tell us about some memorable fan incidents?
A lot of fans have sent me portraits of myself and it is always great to receive greeting cards and letters from kids. I was thrilled to know that the entire Mangeshkar family are regular viewers of CID and I got the opportunity to meet Lata didi two months back.

Has any fan asked to solve a crime in real life?
Yes there have been many such incidents as the credibility of the show is so high that people tend to forget the difference between reality and make believe. We have to explain to such fans that we do not belong to CID in real life. In fact when I met Lata didi she told me that once she was watching some crime report in the news and her spur of the moment reaction was - Why don't these people ask CID to solve this case?

Who are your favourite co-stars?
It may sound clichd but I have to say all of them are my favourite. We keep welcoming new people in the show with every episode and I can proudly say that there have never been any ego clashes or tantrums on the sets.

Do you watch any other crime shows besides CID?
I love reading crime novels by James Hadly Chase. As for shows I enjoy watching CSI and I used to love The Old Fox.

Edited by Armu4eva - 03 August 2011 at 6:15am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

aninditcuvsoonkelly32hin_sablueberries.DemonStar-Gitanjali-aadri-Princess13.Hasini_smilesunnyp1414-MansimallikaBaluSoonaaliAditi_97MagicianPrayasvisromChiinnusamadesdebasree04Roopal_ArDi

Roopal_ArDi IF-Stunnerz
Roopal_ArDi
Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
thanks for the interview of acp sir...i love to read articles related to our cid members and wait for it eagerly...thanks a tonHug...but i don't understand why there's a very rare number of their interviews and news articlesDisapprove

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Padmpriya

mallikaBalu IF-Dazzler
mallikaBalu
mallikaBalu

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
The articles are less maybe because not many leading National Dailies bother to interview these actors who are in the longest running show in the country. The movie stars take up all the space.

I do find this unfair.
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:34am | IP Logged
James Hadley Chase???? Wow...Big smile

Will someone EVER catch Aditya sir like this for a chat...???? PLEASEEE?????

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hin_saAditi_97

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

James Hadley Chase???? Wow...Big smile

Will someone EVER catch Aditya sir like this for a chat...???? PLEASEEE?????

yes Pleaseee
Roopal_ArDi IF-Stunnerz
Roopal_ArDi
Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mallikaBalu

The articles are less maybe because not many leading National Dailies bother to interview these actors who are in the longest running show in the country. The movie stars take up all the space.

I do find this unfair.

same here...nowadays all the newspaper and even online sites are fulfilled with news of bolly stars and also of some permanent telly stars from which many news just not even need 0.1 % attention...and the media nowadays sideline the senior actors and are holding the fingers of the youth ones...
Jyotimena IF-Rockerz
Jyotimena
Jyotimena

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged
sooo good
DemonStar Coolbie
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Lovely interview, thanks for sharing.

Go to top