l Birthday Posts getting GA-ed l

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

..Armaania..

IF-Sizzlerz

..Armaania..

Posted: 02 August 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Hey,

Birthday posts are GA-ed for Non-Ladder Group only, the one who are part of Dev Team.
The reason is they are the development team and play a vital role in the up bringing of forum. Surely, its a fact and whole IF should appreciate it. But to make IF a huge success, the Ladder Group has also played a substantial part in it. They have made IF the most visited among all Indian forums. The ladder groups who post 10,000+ posts have contributed time, energy & hard work bringing it to 10,000+ posts and making the topics and forums active.
I guess people posting above 10,000, there birthday post should get stickied as GA. If not 10,000 then 15,000 but that shall be the limit. :)
I know many members are there who have made these many posts but many people are also there who haven't made these posts. If this rule is brought down, the Ladder groups such as Goldies, Dazzlers and IF rockers below 10,000 posts will get encouraged and enthusiastic reaching till 10,000/15,000 to make his/her birthday post a GA. Like this, more participation can also be seen from the Ladder Groups below 10,000 posts.

I hope the suggestion is considered.

Thanks,
Mahi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "l Birthday Posts getting GA-ed l" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 02 August 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged

Hey Mahi,

I understand where you come from but there are lot of restrictions as to how many spots are available for GA with over 600 000 members. If we were to make all the members birthdays with above 10000 posts as GA then we would have no room for important topics!

Moreover, number of post doesn't really signify anything as there are some who makes 1000s of posts per day while there are others who are active yet make only few  posts. If we had to make all of them GAed, then we will get 6-10 birthdays daily and thats impossible to keep track on?? 

Thats why to appreciate and respect all of our members, we do make their birthday thread sticky on the respective sections they are active on, upon request by their respective friends!

Hence sorry for any inconvenience, however, with so many members, it would be a tough task:(

Edited by Aahaana - 02 August 2011 at 12:55pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.BilliCat.MP_RadhaSano88Prinsesse.Suvi-Rumi-..Armaania..-Jahnvi-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top