Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 10:42am | IP Logged
 Today there was a news report about a girl  committing suicide after her family refused to accept her marriage with her girl friend. Tthis story is about a small town girl neighbouring Delhi and not the first one, infact  all the sex values in the society are being knocked down and yet we do not accept that issues such as these need to be debated upon. we continue to exist in a time warp, the elders called it unethical and there was another lady saying the very act is against nature how can society give sanctity to a marraige of this kind. What should be the response of a society when these kind of incidents take place? for all purpose the girls should not have been shunned or ostracized by the family that is steeped in tradition,  for them it is an immoral act. how can we respond to a situation of this kind, do the girls need to be accepted or shunned? CAn we brush this kind of incident under the carpet  and act as if it never happens in our country ?

Edited by Signora2 - 11 January 2006 at 10:45am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Lesbian marriages" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

paagalhoonmain

IF-Rockerz

paagalhoonmain

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 11:05am | IP Logged
well they are ok and can be leagalised with the option of divorce open LOL

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Signora we recently discussed teaching kids about homosexuality in school . So that all the prejudices we hold against homo sexuals may be tackled .
We live in a homophobic times ( whether its U.S or India) . And forget Gay /Lesbian Marriages , people have issues even with children taught and biases removed about homosexuals !

Its sad , but thats reality that even in the U.S when some States had started to accept homo sexual marriages , there were many homophobic people who opposed it . Saying that mockery was being made of the Institution of Marriage . It seems these people themselves aren't confident about the Institution of Marriage !!

I personally belive Marriage should be between two people who love each other and our willing to commit for a life long relationship . The fact is that there are as many homosexuals as there are Hetros . So would you rather have a homo sexual commit to some one who is Hetro ? Or would you rather that a homo sexual is able to find a partner of his or her kind ? Also why shouldn't a homo sexual have the right to getting married just like a Hetro sexual person ?

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
i'm against gay and lesbian marriages!! thats all i'd like to say. no offence to any1.

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
I really dont care abou the gay or lesbian unions and such. It's really a personal decision for them and I dont see why there should be any input from our side. Who one wants to sleep with is none of my business.

As far as calling their union -marraige- goes its hard to allow that as it then brings with it social and political and judicial consequences with it.

I've heard the argument of marriage being defined as a union between a man and a woman.

But as scientific definitions change the scientific community requires proof for those to be established and accepted. Only after peer scrutiny and acceptance is any definition changed.

One could argue the same for social definitions. Marriage being one such word, it should also allow change albeit with adequate proof and establishing the fact why it must be changed from a union between a man and a woman.

A lot of the peers dont accept this change of definition atleast in popular vote in the US and I suspect this would be true in India as well, both countries being socially conservative compared to Western Europe.

I personally dont care, but I wonder often if I find that I am forcing myself to think equally for all people which is not bad. However its not something that comes as a reflex action, like wow Im so happy. That "Im so happy" has a precursor "Well, I guess whoever he wants to be with as long as he is happy its OK, then ""I am happy-

As far as legally calling theri union marraige goes I guess its OK doesnt make my relationship any less honorable but Im not one hundred percent convinced, and I dont know why, maybe Im a hypocrite, I dont know-But I try not to be Confused

Sharila

IF-Dazzler

Sharila

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 12:37am | IP Logged
I am very much against Lesbian Marriages. We have a woman and man for a reason, so make a good use of them

Willows

Willows

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 12:52am | IP Logged
<>I believe we live in a democratic society and people's preference should be respected, if a particular human being likes to be in the company of same sex or wants to go one step and get committed to such partner, any interference by society, should be treated as equal invasion of private matter. </>

I think the society needs to mature and accept the people as they are, for it is the people who represent the society.

<>Regarding people treating it as against nature, I believe we live it times where the definition are on the change mode, the parameters are changing, the choices are varying, and we need to accept this so as to make the society a more peaceful place to live.</>

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 12:58am | IP Logged
whats going on............? Smile its already discussed in another topic i think so. Embarrassed

Edited by Believe - 12 January 2006 at 1:45am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top