Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Mercy Killing-Suicide or Dignifed End!! (Page 4)

Surya Newbie
Surya
Surya

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

Once you put it that way, it makes sense.  But the thread stats, is it beneficial to society. And like u said, it could very easily be misused, so that's also why I said NO to mercy killing. Smile

Regards. Cool

Edited by Surya - 01 March 2005 at 7:48pm

teetlie Groupbie
teetlie
teetlie

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
I am torn between this topic. I am a nurse and i come across a bunch of cases where I believe that they should legalize mercy killing. I came across a case where they didnot kill the person and the person stayed in coma for 3 months and recovered to live for next 6 years... In that case, the family kept their hopes and faiths alive and they won over illness. This was one very inspiring case for me which made me think for the negative side of mercy killing. But for the sake of discussion I would say I am 60% for and 40% against mercy killing...
Live and Let Live
-Amisha- Goldie
-Amisha-
-Amisha-

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
I agree with Jammy. We should all give life a chance. I know many people who have been terminally ill but they have not given up on life. They live on the faith and belief that one day, they will be cured. Besides, I think that it is only God who should decide when we die. He brought us to this world and only He has the right to take us away.
sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
i agree w/ mercy killing..i mean..if someone has no hope to live then why make them suffer and FORCE them to live? if we don't have mercy killing then that person is just gonna try and commit suicide or hell pay someone to kill them..if im on a freakin machine and that's the only way im gonna live then i don't wanna live...why try and change wat god has in store for us? if i'mma die then imma die when it's my time
angelz IF-Rockerz
angelz
angelz

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ME_T

i agree withu crazyboutpurab. even though i no it's best 4 them i could neva see them go. but u would rather c sum1 u love die peacefully than die a horrible death

i agree with what ur sayin but i think killin sum1 even suicidin wud b a sin...i mean they in this postion cuz of what they did...i mean i kno in a secualr world this stuff sound oddd...but 4 sum1 slightly more religous im stuck in between both ideas...both of them r tru 2 an extent
lovefool Groupbie
lovefool
lovefool

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
mercy killings. in most cases .. r a blessing.. For the person whos suffering frm a terminal illness,frm which dey r not expected to recover..it releases them from their pain..instead of them having to be in suffering until their natural end comes.. and for their family/friends.. who see them suffering and in pain.. its better as wel... its very very difficult to c someone u love suffer so much..
cloudz Groupbie
cloudz
cloudz

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

when it comes to mercy killing I can see the reasoning behind both sides of the debateā€¦

while it is fair that a person who is suffering should be allowed to end their life when they can't take the pain anymore, where is the line that defines the amount of pain?

Mercy killing is something that would be extremely hard to regulate about when it is genuine and when someone is using it as a form of suicideā€¦

RUPALV22 Senior Member
RUPALV22
RUPALV22

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:17am | IP Logged

Mercy killing should be completely personal decision regulated by authority!

I've seen both the sides of coins-here the point is to deal with life in case of sickness,I want to talk about even the medical treatment before the mercykilling comes..today with medical advances which offer our body more resources to survive, the cost extracted for the same has made medicine a growing business!! the relatives helplessly surrender their beloved ones in hands of latest equipment & life support system...only to have satisfaction of having done their best!!but does it really happen??

Let's take a case of an elderly ;in our country ppl still belive that this body is made up of five elements & they all should be returned to nature as it is. .they strictly deny cutting of any of body part even for the tests as it disrupts the integrity of nature,they prefer to return to god as the continuation of life in another form & to them all pricks & pins pierce not only their body but their soul.....how appropriate it is to have satisfaction of extending his life for a few months at the cost of peace of their soul??

Let's take a case of advanced cancer where the chemotherapy is only palliative ...may extend the life for a few months at the cost of loss of hairs,terrible nausea & vomiting & pains....patient is able to breathe & have heart beating & nervous system functioning but is NOT LIVING LIFE!!

Let's assume we are relative in both the cases & want to do our best...but wouldn't we stop for moment & ask ourselves; with what are we going to live rest of our life ..guilt of subjecting our loved ones to the atmost pain against his will ;depriving the remaining living ones off the resources available or indulging in self satisfaction of having done our best!!

now when mercy killing comes honestly I belive that birth & death are not in our hands,doctors only get credits for providing the help to the diseased body  within those limited no of breaths provided to us..suicide ,homicide or natural death are only means to bring the end to the story...terminal cases with tubes in every inlet of the body really make us think about the mercy killing..at least to stop the aggressive treatment....but again it depends on our intense desire ..to fight back till the last breath..or let go....the soul in a peaceful way 

In case of coma it depends on ur patience & tolerance & strenghth-if you are ready to wait for that miracle they do happen..!

But in most grave cases it's really better to respect body instead of dissecting it like anatomy lab...!!the decision is ours with the responsibility to carry on the consequnces on our shoulders....but certainly it can't be used as escapism it has to be regulated by authority

Edited by RUPALV22 - 23 May 2005 at 9:00pm

Go to top