Mercy Killing-Suicide or Dignifed End!! - Page 3

Posted: 19 years ago

Mercy killing is the only way to end a patients suffering, when a patiedn requests a doctor or his/her family to end his/her suffering, i think its okay. Some people live in pain and suffering for years, wanting to end their life, but the society and some governments refuse some patients the right of ending their life.

I only think mercy killing is right if a patient is in unbearable pain, but if otherwise, then let the person/patient live.But mercy killing should be highly regulated beacuse a patient might just want to die without tangible reason and request the doctor, which might lead to very bad circumstances between the doctor and family of patient and aslo between the doctor and the government.

I can see how Mercy killing might be misused. I think it should be allowed only after a careful process is carried out that will determine whether its the best decision.And it should DEFINITELY only be carried out if the person is in great pain or if they are so heavily dependant on others that they have lost the will to live.

I agree with all of you who have said it's difficult to actually make the decision of euthenesia for someone close to you. I think people should write it in their will, if that is what they want under an extreme situation.

but i think it definitely is beneficial as its more heartbreaking to see someone suffer. You grieve over a death, but its so much harder to live with pain and live seeing someone suffer everyday! And the argument that people have that "we shouldn't interfere with Gods work", then you shouldn't even give people medication, because God didn't make those. Plus God doesn't like to see his loved ones suffer.

This is just what i think, obviously it is very very hard to legalise mercy killing becasue of its potential misuse!

I don't think so. I love my life. But for pople who don't for the moment, it's wrong to just finish urself off like that. Because who knows, u might start to love ur life later on. And Death is one thing that one can't turn back from. So, my vote goes to NO!

Regards. 😎

But mercy killing is not killing or wishing to die just because you don't love your life at that moment in time. I agree that just because someone is depressed they should be allowed to have mercy killing..that would be its misuse which i mentioned in my previous message (also why i think its not very practicaly at the moment cos of its potentional misuse)

But in theory, I agree with the concept. I mean if someone close to you is suffering a lot of pain, I think everyone in their prayers says " Either have a miracle and make this person completely ok(which even they know is impossible) or let them die a peaceful death and not suffer anymore". Euthenesia would just allow that peaceful death without any suffering sooner. Euthenesia is really allowed ( in the countries its allowed in) ONLY for terminally ill patients. so their only option IS death, Eutheneisa just allows a less painful end.

Once you put it that way, it makes sense.  But the thread stats, is it beneficial to society. And like u said, it could very easily be misused, so that's also why I said NO to mercy killing. 😊

Regards. 😎

Edited by Surya - 19 years ago
I am torn between this topic. I am a nurse and i come across a bunch of cases where I believe that they should legalize mercy killing. I came across a case where they didnot kill the person and the person stayed in coma for 3 months and recovered to live for next 6 years... In that case, the family kept their hopes and faiths alive and they won over illness. This was one very inspiring case for me which made me think for the negative side of mercy killing. But for the sake of discussion I would say I am 60% for and 40% against mercy killing...
Live and Let Live
I agree with Jammy. We should all give life a chance. I know many people who have been terminally ill but they have not given up on life. They live on the faith and belief that one day, they will be cured. Besides, I think that it is only God who should decide when we die. He brought us to this world and only He has the right to take us away.
Posted: 18 years ago
i agree w/ mercy killing..i mean..if someone has no hope to live then why make them suffer and FORCE them to live? if we don't have mercy killing then that person is just gonna try and commit suicide or hell pay someone to kill them..if im on a freakin machine and that's the only way im gonna live then i don't wanna live...why try and change wat god has in store for us? if i'mma die then imma die when it's my time
Originally posted by ME_T

i agree withu crazyboutpurab. even though i no it's best 4 them i could neva see them go. but u would rather c sum1 u love die peacefully than die a horrible death

i agree with what ur sayin but i think killin sum1 even suicidin wud b a sin...i mean they in this postion cuz of what they did...i mean i kno in a secualr world this stuff sound oddd...but 4 sum1 slightly more religous im stuck in between both ideas...both of them r tru 2 an extent
mercy killings. in most cases .. r a blessing.. For the person whos suffering frm a terminal illness,frm which dey r not expected to recover..it releases them from their pain..instead of them having to be in suffering until their natural end comes.. and for their family/friends.. who see them suffering and in pain.. its better as wel... its very very difficult to c someone u love suffer so much..