Football season 2011-12 Discussions!

mellisai thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello!

Please use this thread to discuss La Liga,  EPL, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and other leagues.

There's a separate thread for Euro 2012 discussions. 

Thanks.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mellisai thumbnail
Champions league 2011-12 - Play-off round draw

Wisla Krakow v Apoel Nicosia 
Maccabi Haifa v Genk 
Dinamo Zagreb v Malmo FF 
FC Copenhagen v Plzen 
BATE v SK Sturm Graz

Odense BK v Villarreal 
FC Twente v Benfica 
Arsenal v Udinese 
Bayern Munich v FC Zurich 
Lyon v Rubin Kazan

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 12 years ago
mellisai thumbnail
Arsenal v Udinese - key points
  • Arsenal will be at home for the first leg of the tie on Tuesday 16 August, with the return leg seven days later. 
  • the second leg for Arsenal is sandwiched between Premier League games at home to Liverpool and away to Manchester United.
  • Wenger will be absent from the touchline for the game at the Emirate Stadium following "inappropriate language" directed at the referee Massimo Busacaa after the controversial defeat by Barcelona in last season's Champions League.
  • Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie will be suspended for the first leg at the Emirates. 
  • Udinese is without some of their key players - Alexis Sanchez to Barcelona, Cristian Zapata to Villarreal and Inler to Napoli. 
  • "Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona" saga is yet to finish. 
Key players - Gervinho (Arsenal) & Antonio Di Natale (Udinese) 
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hj
Edited by kawal_tak - 12 years ago
mellisai thumbnail
Arsenal 
  • Arsene Wenger hopes Cesc  Fabregas' future at Arsenal "will be sorted out very quickly" amid reports that the midfielder is set to join boyhood club Barcelona.
  • Samir Nasri also look close to Arsenal exit. 

1. Bundesliga
  • Bayern Munich lost against Monchengladbach in their first league fixture. 
  • Borussia Dortmund won their fixture against Hamburg. 
Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 12 years ago
DEEENCH thumbnail
Hopefully by the next week cesc & Nasri would have left my beloved club.
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I can't deny that i'm not disappointed with Fabregas leaving, he was my favourite player after Henry left but if his heart isn't in the club then we might as well cash in! at last an end to this boring and stale transfer rumour πŸ˜†. good luck to him at Barca, God knows where he's gonna play LOL bet he'll get frustrated, winning things is great but when you aren't playing enough whats the point!?!!?? you can't keep everyone happy so why be greedy and have players that can play in the same position πŸ˜†all good having back up...πŸ˜†...and once a player leaves Arsenal their career goes down the toilet LOLLL so good luck to you Fabregas. 

Good on Arsenal cashing in on Nasri too, money hungry guy hence he's signing for Man City πŸ˜† better off getting the reported 22 million - 24 million than losing him for nothing at the end of the season! 
Edited by Pudding1 - 12 years ago
DEEENCH thumbnail
more than disappointed im numb
i dont care anymore he can f off 
& the french idiot whos name shall not be mention

we got chamberlin & gervinho🀣
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
LOL. 

Gervinho looks exciting, he was good in the Emirates Cup when I saw him on the second day.

Chamberlain is still developing so still early doors, but you can't compare the class of Fabregas and Nasri to someone whose still developing and learning his game. 
DEEENCH thumbnail
lol did u change ur username by chance??

gervinho did look gud really like him.

& how was the emirates cup did u see TH14 😍😍