Debate Mansion

Does money bring happiness in life? AGREE? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 13

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 3:00am | IP Logged
 It's how the world around us seems to be working. People spend most of their childhood and youth in studying so that in future they can get good paying jobs and then they spend another 25 or so years in earning. So around 50 years of an aam aadmi's life is spent in either preperation to earn or in earning. If people are willing to invest so many years of their lives acquiring money, then it surely must be a way to happiness, no?!

They say

money can buy
A bed but not sleep
Books but not knowledge
Food but not appetite
Finery but not beauty
A house but not a home
Medicine but not health
Luxuries but not comfort and so on, but then, poverty does not gaurantee those things either.

Personally, I'd rather spend a sleepless night on a full stomach in a five star hotel room than on an empty stomach on the streets.

I think it would be safe to say to that money IS important for happiness, but it would be foolish to say that money is ENOUGH to be happy.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Dsntmatter-Anarkali-Rehanismangelirebelli-Nakshatra-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does money bring happiness in life? AGREE? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

who_am_i

Goldie

who_am_i

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Money brings Happiness for a period of time but only a certain part after that...

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Petrouska

It's how the world around us seems to be working. People spend most of their childhood and youth in studying so that in future they can get good paying jobs and then they spend another 25 or so years in earning. So around 50 years of an aam aadmi's life is spent in either preperation to earn or in earning. If people are willing to invest so many years of their lives acquiring money, then it surely must be a way to happiness, no?!

They say

money can buy
A bed but not sleep
Books but not knowledge
Food but not appetite
Finery but not beauty
A house but not a home
Medicine but not health
Luxuries but not comfort and so on, but then, poverty does not gaurantee those things either.

Personally, I'd rather spend a sleepless night on a full stomach in a five star hotel room than on an empty stomach on the streets.

I think it would be safe to say to that money IS important for happiness, but it would be foolish to say that money is ENOUGH to be happy.

Fab post... Clap

I absolutely agree.. we struggle all our lives, rich or poor, for a better or a even better life, one which is obviously measured by all the material comforts. 

Money definitely makes life easier.  Having the money to buy what one wants will put a smile on the persons but that doesn't constitute happiness per say, it is just that momentary high of knowing you can get what you want and you are well placed (another one of societal pressures). But mistaking this with the mental and spiritual aspects of life is stupidity. 

Happiness, satisfaction, contentment are a different ball game all together. They are a state of mind which is relative to an individual and subject to a situation.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anarkali-Damyanthi

N33MA

Goldie

N33MA

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
in my opinion Money does give everything including happiness.

i find happiness in materialistic things, for example if i get get to buy everthing i like then im happy. i dont really find happiness in any other way.

Plus it better to be rich than poor.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anarkali-

balbirsingh2

balbirsingh2

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 2:56am | IP Logged
yes money brings happiness because you can feed your family well, have a home whether on rent or ownership, afford medical treatment for the family,send your children for proper education for their future,have a holiday twice a year, but provided you are working hard & earning the money.
however if you suddenly come into TOO MUCH MONEY all your relatives & friends will be jealous & even your children will start quarreling with you & each other with their & their wives desires & 
 demands 

balbirsingh2                       [email protected]'

i also write & send daily explanations on THE HOLY GITA 

with the grace of GOD i have written a article on PREVENTION OF CANCER with simple natural food without medicines which i can send free if you like. note PREVENTION NOT CURE except in early stages  

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 January 2012 at 4:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Petrouska

They say

money can buy
A bed but not sleep
Books but not knowledge
Food but not appetite
Finery but not beauty
A house but not a home
Medicine but not health

I think it would be safe to say to that money IS <also> important for happiness, but it would be foolish to say that money is ENOUGH to be happy.

Yes...I agree with underline part ...money has nothing to do with happiness... If you are happy and you have money, you can use it for happiness...bcos money is simply a neutral force!!!.. we can say big things...practicaly, Our whole attitude abt life is money oriented... without money how many people can live in this world ?!! but its true that  a ten rupee note in ur pocket, you have thousands of things in ur pocket...its all depend on how you use the money n brain!Smile

Edited by Prometeus - 29 January 2012 at 4:34am

td_dhoom

IF-Rockerz

td_dhoom

Posted: 30 January 2012 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Money is only as valuable as the priorities it allow us to honor.
Money doesn't buy happiness but it does allow us to make choices and gives options for things we can do for our family and loved ones.

-Anarkali-

bhavika0611

Goldie

bhavika0611

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
I have heard someone saying, " money is not everything, it's  "the only thing"

Recently watched Hritik's 'Agneepath', in which he says,kanzor insan pehlwan ko yeh nahi kah sakta, ke, ja pahelwan main tuje maaf kiya, usske liye uska pahelwan banna jaroori hai.

I guess same logic applies here, poor can not say, he is satisfied, he has to be rich first to be satisfied.

-Anks-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top