Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 40

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
One question - where was Jarasandha when Sishupala alerted Rukmi to the fact that Krishna was in town?  They mentioned something about Jarasandha going somewhere - where was that?  Result was that in last night's episode, he was nowhere around.

I've put up the update, but will comment more on the abduction once Parina has up DOTW - 25th to 31st July

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ (Page 7)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
^ I guess they mentioned that Jarasandh went to invite other kings LOL for the marriage, don't now how that is possible Confused...

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
In the original story, Jarasandha, suspecting that Krishna would be there, had all his allies - Shalva, Dantavatra, Purandara Vasudeva, Narakasura, Vinda/Anuvinda, et all swarm into Vidarbha for the marriage - so he had everyone he needed.  All these rulers, including Jarasandha, were confronted by Balaram and successfully blocked.  Only Rukmi made it thru, and went on to successfully intercept Krishna.

Debipriya

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged
DOTW - 25th to 31st July

| Jai Shri Krishna |

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
I will comment here on what originally happened (as far as what I know) on Rukmini's abduction, and contrast it w/ how it's been shown here.

In the original story, Krishna, on getting the message from Sunanda, set off for Vidarbha immediately on his chariot.  Balaram, on getting to know about this, followed him w/ his army and caught up w/ him, and they both arrived at Kundinpur, and were welcomed by Bheeshmaka as royal guests.  Jarasandha, Shalva, Dantavatra, Purandara Vasudeva, the ruler of Kashi, Vinda/Anuvinda and all other allies of Jarasandha arrived there as well for the marriage.

Rukmini went to the Girija mata mandir, and when she came out, Krishna was already there, gently tapped her on her shoulders, picked her up and put her on his chariot, and b4 people could realize it, he set off w/ Rukmini right in front of Sishupala, Jarasandha & everyone.  Sishupala was the one to raise the alarm, but as the chase began, Balaram intervened and w/ his army, managed to block everybody.  Rukmi however managed to pass, but Balaram decided that Krishna could manage him even w/ Rukmini in his chariot.  Rukmi swore that he'd not re-enter Kundinpur w/o Rukmini.

So Balaram and his army routed Jarasandha, Sishupala and their allies, and they all left - Sishupala shattered, and Shalva & Jarasandha consoling him.

Rukmi, otoh, chased Krishna in his chariot and caught up w/ him.  The 2 of them had a battle w/ their arrows, but eventually, Krishna broke Rukmi's bow & sword, and shattered his chariot.  He drew his own sword and headed towards Rukmi, but on Rukmini's plea to spare him, he tied Rukmi up and shaved half his head and mustache LOL  Balaram arrived and was shocked at this and scolded Krishna, and then released Rukmi.  Rukmi, as per his vow, did not return, but founded a new city called Bhojakot, which after his father's death, became the new capital.

Krishna returned to Dwarka w/ Rukmini, and married her a few days later. Heart

Edited by _Vrish_ - 26 July 2011 at 1:26am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

skarriramsaiRoark

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
In last night's episode, they somehow more or less got it right, except for some howlers.

First of all, Rukmini was abducted right from under the noses of Jarasandha, Sishupala and others.  Here, Krishna just takes her hand and strolls to his chariot, like it's a romantic date LOL  They then waste a few minutes on that eyelock - dears, this ain't exactly Geet Wacko

If Rukmi was @ the wedding pandal, there is no way he could have caught up w/ Krishna.  He was right there when the abduction occured, and like others, chased Krishna.  While Balaram blocked the others, he let Rukmi continue.

After that, they run into Sishupala on the way.  As mentioned in the previous post, Sishupala never caught up w/ them - he was left behind, and Balarama successfully intercepted them.  Nor did Krishna have to fight w/ any of them, thanks to Balaram.  Here, they at least salvaged things in the end by having Krishna obey Balarama's order to leave.  I hope they show Balaram fighting Sishupal tonight.  And Jarasandha's absense was inexplicable, given that in the original story, he was a part of the army that Balaram routed.

They also used the occasion to introduce the relationship b/w Krishna and Sishupala.  That's good, but in course of the conversation, Krishna addressed him as 'Bhrata Sishupala'.  Uh-oh, one only used the word 'Bhrata' if one was addressing an older brother, so Krishna would have been right in using it w/ Yudhisthir, not Sishupala.  Sishupala was much younger than Krishna - when Krishna visited his aunt Shrutashrava, he took the baby Sishupala in his lap, and the latter's extra arms & eye came off.  So Sishupala was in no way older than Krishna.

I was excited to see Krishna pull out his bow - when he left, it didn't look like he had any weapons in that chariot.  I thought that they overdramatized things by showing him twang his bow, and the sword fall off Sishupala's hand.

Continuing on the costume debacle of this show, they first showed Sishupala on horseback, wearing a 16th century Rajput style armor & helmet - just the type one would see on Rana Kumbha or Rana Pratap. Wacko But more serious than this was Sishupala, and later Rukmi, just being on horseback.  All kings normally rode either chariots or elephants, and Rukmi chased Krishna on his chariot.  I can grant some license for him finding a shortcut and cutting Krishna off at a bend (although Krishna would have known the shortest route since he'd have had to come via that), but having Rukmi & Sishupala travel as cavalry was really poorly planned.  There is no way a warrior on horseback could have fought a maharathi (chariot warrior) - in Kurukshetra, Arjun, Bheeshma, Drona, et al always randomly massacred plenty of cavalry.  Cavalry was good for fighting foot solders and seizing ground in a battlefield, but not for such long distance duels.  Rukmi came ill-prepared here (unlike in the original)

As noted above, I was glad that Krishna used his bow, and I hope he does that tonight.  In SK, he did as well, followed by a mace duel, but in BRC's Mahabhashana, he just used his discus.  I was hoping they don't make him a one dimensional warrior, but show him in full glory w/ all his weapons.

All in all, I thought last night's episode was mediocre (what's w/ Rukmini's eyelocks?) but okay, given that it could have been a lot worse.  The precap shows Rukmini asking Krishna to play his flute Wacko - this is a total waste of time, and there are other ways to show their love for each other later.  This is a long history, so I really hope they don't drag it, but cover all major events.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 26 July 2011 at 3:25am

skarriramsaiRoark

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 3:15am | IP Logged
One more thing worth mentioning - in the original, Balaram himself suggested to Krishna Rukmini as a possible wife, and before he got Rukmini's message, he was reluctant, given the inclinations of Rukmi.  It was only after he got the message that he changed his mind.

Here, Balarama only knew about it after reading Rukmini's letter, and after doing it, he apparently decides to welcome Rukmini into the family Hug and orders Krishna to take her to safety.  So minor difference - in the original, Balaram wanted Krishna to go after Rukmini, whereas here, he only responded after knowing what Rukmini wanted.

skarriramsai

skarriramsai

Groupbie

skarriramsai

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=_Vrish_]In last night's episode, they somehow more or less got it right, except for some howlers.

Dear "Vrish": you can call me shan
u'r howlers are wonderful--an eye for detail must saySmile ThanksBig smile

I have been watching this serial and reading u'r write-ups. Thanks for such info.  Where do we get to see such details?  I for one am a big fan of your write-ups. U'r write ups are even more interesting than the serial.Wink

The kidnapping was not up to the expectations though it was not too bad either.  The entire crowd around rukmini was actually looked like they were expecting krishna to abduct rukmini.

But, just hope that they don't take all this further into a detailed romance route of krishna rukmini now. Most of the viewers are watching dwarakseesh for the events that take the story further.

For time pass the radha krishna, gopiyan or balkrishna sagas (all the previous serials route) have already been done to death.

Another vital bit that all previous stories had NEVER shown: radha after her marriage with the king Chandrasena. Then, that would be fine. No one has explored what happened to radha after she moves away from Krishna. This would be a new event.Wink

Edited by skarriramsai - 26 July 2011 at 1:47pm

.Vrish.laap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top