Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ (Page 32)

Post Reply New Post

Page 32 of 40

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Yes they could have showed about Shri Krishnas other sons.
I assume Balram has kids too and I always hoped they would show Subhadra. Even Subhadra-Arjun marriage is far, they could have introduced her.
Pradyumna is Kamdev so he Should marry Rati, right? I read that Bhanamati is rati but then he is supposed to marry her if I am right. This part leaves me bit confused.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

coolpratz.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ (Page 32)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Actually, Set Raj posted the SB story of Pradhyumna here.

Pradhyumna wasn't raised by anyone's wife - he was raised by Mayavati, who was none other than Rati.  After Kama had been incinerated by Rudra, Rati wanted to give up her life, but a divine voice assured her that she'd get back her husband.  She somehow learned that she would find him in Shambara's kingdom, so she took a human form as one of Shambara's cooks, and when Pradhyumna was discovered in that fish, she took him and raised him, and found out from Narada later that he was actually her husband.  There was never any marriage b/w them, since Pradhyumna was 'born married' LOL  But so far, Pradhyumna's divine origin as Kama has been totally ignored.

Subhadra - it seemed odd right from the beginning that they never showed her.  After all, Dwarka was her maayka, so to never show her, and to just show her when Arjun visits seems pretty odd.  But then again, in this serial, there's no Balarama, no Revathy, no Vasudev, no Devaki, no Rohini, no Ugrasena, no Sini, no Satyaka, no Akrura, no Kritavarma, no Udhav (he's again disappeared)...  This is one of the worst Krishna serials I've ever seen.

But I actually doubt that they have any plans to do MB again - the last time they showed it, it didn't work for them, and so they came up w/ god knows what - Susheela unhinged, Paundrak, Uddhav & Sudama's quarrel and now this.  I'm guessing that next will be Krishna's other marriages?  One reason I think that is that already Sachin Verma (Yudhisthir) has got a new assignment - plus after the Pandavas left Ekachakra, they've totally disappeared.  This serial has to date resulted in a net win for the Kauravas. Wacko

This story is just meandering from track to track.  If they do have a serious shortage of actors, maybe they could have just shown the various Krishna & Arjun's adventures (the clearing of Khandavaprastha, Arjun's confrontation w/ Hanuman, etc) rather than all this invented stuff that really makes a mockery of Krishna's character

varaalicoolpratz

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 06 March 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Quick update (didn't see Monday's episode - anybody feels like filling in the details, please do!)
  • Gurubaba & Shambara visit Bhanumati's house and try torturing Pradhyumna w/ fire & pestilence.  He cries like anything, and they conclude that he's a normal, not divine child Dead
  • Mahakaal mocks Gurubaba @ Shambara's palace about his failure, and Gurubaba tells Shambara.  Shambara makes a decision to kill all children in his kingdom Angry
  • Rukmini is doing Pradhyumna's shradh, and Jambavati begs Krishna to let her know that Pradhyumna is alive, or harm will befall any living person whose shradh is prematurely done.  Krishna refuses, saying that if Rukmini knows about it, she'll insist on going to see him, thus blowing his cover*.  So he meditates a bit, and his spy comes and tells Rukmini that the bloody garment found wasn't Pradhyumna's.  Rukmini is overjoyed and cancels the shradh.
  • Rukmini orders celebrations of Holi on the news that Pradhyumna is alive
* How stupid are the Sagars - Krishna can't tell Rukmini the truth and have her obey him, like she'll be a loose cannon on her own?  Besides, if he told her the truth, Rukmini too can join them in watching the Pradhyumna channel.  In fact, what is bizarre about this storyline is that Krishna is watching Pradhyumna's developments w/ Jambavati, rather than Rukmini Angry  Yeah, I'm sure all his wives loved all his sons, but for something like this, the first honors would have been Rukmini's.

Last year, they celebrated Janmasthmi in the aftermath of Krishna's marriages to Jambavati & Satyabhama.  Now, they're showing Holi celebrations in Dwarka on the occasion of the real event Sleepy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

coolpratz

aishsk

aishsk

Posted: 06 March 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged
I shortly explain monday episode. Rukmini meets sages and does preperations for Pradhyumna's shradh. Krishna tries to stop her, but she doesn't. Then he starts to Pradhyumna channel. During dinner period shambara and gurubaba are discussing abt Pradhyumna. Bhanasur listens this and gets worried. Seeing his face, gurubaba doubts on him and tells shambara tht tomorrow they will go for checking of baby first in his house. More worried bhanasur tells wife to immedietely move to some other place bcoz shambara n gurubaba r coming to see Pradhyumna if he is Krisna son and perhaps they will kill him. He opens the door and sees shambara standing with gurubaba and stunns.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aradhana87coolpratz.Vrish.

aishsk

aishsk

Posted: 07 March 2012 at 8:48am | IP Logged
:-)

Edited by aishsk - 07 March 2012 at 9:49am

coolpratz

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 07 March 2012 at 9:11am | IP Logged
The episode starts w/ Pradhyumna appearing b4 Banasura in a dream and asking him to take him to Shambara, so that other innocent babies don't get slaughtered.  Banasura wakes up, picks up Pradhyumna and is about to do just that, but unfortunately, Bhanumati wakes up as well and angrily stops him from going ahead w/ the plan.  Instead, she insists that they leave this city w/ the baby tonight.  Banasura agrees & they leave.

Jambavati is happy that Banasura obeyed his wife Confused but Krishna isn't.  He appears b4 Banasura & Bhanumati and reveals to them that Pradhyumna is in fact his son, who is there for a reason.  He explains how Shambara had this boon from Brahma, and the only person who could kill him was Krishna's eldest son.  He asks Bhanumati to hand Pradhyumna over.

Krishna then invokes several deities - Brahma, Shiva, the rulers of the Gandharvas, Yakshas, Devas and so on.  He bestows his own powers to Pradhyumna, and asks the deities to do the same, and they oblige.  A lotus appears below Pradhyumna, and then encases him completely.  Krishna then takes an imaginary/decoy baby (I can't think of any other way to describe it, given what happened later) and asks Banasura to take it quickly to Shambara b4 he starts massacreing anybody.  Bhanumati asks him what explanation to give people given his quick growth, and Krishna tells her to say that he's the son of her late sister & the latter's hubby Confused

Shambara is about to send his troops out, when Banasura appears and tells him that this is Krishna's son, who he has come to surrender.  Shambara is happy and tells him to hand it over, and Banasura does that and leaves, since he can't bear to watch him die.  Shambara then tries striking the baby, but the baby dodges it and flies in the air, skillfully avoiding a few of his assaults.  Jambavati, who is watching this, asks Krishna where was the need to have it do all that?  Krishna tells her that if the baby just died like that, Gurubaba & Shambara would suspect that he was not really Pradhyumna.  After a series of moves, the baby lands on the floor and Shambara strikes it (not shown)

The lotus in which Pradhyumna is encased opens, and in it is a pre-teen Pradhyumna, who's time travelled a few years to be instantly older. Confused

Aradhana87coolpratz

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 07 March 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Actually, Set Raj posted the SB story of Pradhyumna here.

Pradhyumna wasn't raised by anyone's wife - he was raised by Mayavati, who was none other than Rati.  After Kama had been incinerated by Rudra, Rati wanted to give up her life, but a divine voice assured her that she'd get back her husband.  She somehow learned that she would find him in Shambara's kingdom, so she took a human form as one of Shambara's cooks, and when Pradhyumna was discovered in that fish, she took him and raised him, and found out from Narada later that he was actually her husband.  There was never any marriage b/w them, since Pradhyumna was 'born married' LOL  But so far, Pradhyumna's divine origin as Kama has been totally ignored.

Yes I read the story but then Pradyumn also has a son named Aniruddh. As far as I know his mother is not Rati so that part left me confused and I also found it strange that first Rati treats him like a child and later as her lover, thats why I thought Rati is not bhanamati/mayavati.

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 07 March 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged
In the original story - forget this serial - Rati takes a human form and appears as Mayavati, and is the one who raises Pradhyumna.  Later, when Pradhyumna grows up and she's found out about his identity from Narada, she tells him the whole story, including how she's his wife.

Yeah, according to SB, Anirudha was the son of Rukmavati, and Vajra of Rochana.  That is something I'd like to see from sources other than SB - I find it hard to believe that Mayavati or Usha didn't have any sons.

Aradhana87

Post Reply New Post

Go to top