Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 40

Page 1
Page   of 40
Page 3 Page 40

-Priti11-

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

radhikarani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ (Page 2)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Intrepida

IF-Rockerz

Intrepida

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
first epi was good, i think vishal did a good job... looking forward to tomorrow! :)

radhikarani

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
ya my mom knw d story. She told me.
Yes dhriti and meghan was damm cute.
Recently b.r chopra mahabhart bengali dubbing is on air. Watchng it.

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
First episode was really good. Yes it was fast; but it is better than dragging.

Edited by lakshmin42 - 04 July 2011 at 3:36pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Suneel_kumarIntrepida

mehak.S

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak.S

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
i loved the first epi..all of them did a great job..the actors the costume the set...the sound track..very nice..and ya they should have given more info abt the bad guy..cz even i was confused abt the hatred he had towards krishna n balram

Suneel_kumar

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
vishal really was looking good...but he was smiling too much...Big smile..but anyways i liked his get up...he was looking handsome krishna...the scene of kalyvan and krisna's hide and seek reminded me of the scene of sree krisna played by swapnil joshi...it was more spontenious i think..but still i liked the scene...hope visal's sree krisna would be hit too..but again the same point...visal has a too sweet smile with his dimple..but he is showing it too much..LOL

Debipriya

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
I loved both Vishal & Hemant as Krishna & Balaram.  Some had expressed concerns about Vishal looking divine or not, but I thought that his demeanor fitted Shri Krishna to an 'n'.  Only nitpick I have - Krishna was reputed to always wear an yellow vastra on top and orange dhoti, while Balaram was always dressed in blue.  They showed Krishna wearing a blue sheet, which he used to cover Rishi Muchkund, while in the promos, they've been showing him in green.

The sets and everything looked very realistic - they didn't make it extra modern the way they did w/ the AS Ramayan (this is not necessarily a negative reflection on the latter, just that they did a great job w/ the scenery here).  When Kalyavan and his troops marched into battle, it looked like a real battlefield, and not like a set Thumbs Up

However, I thought that they picked a strange point to start the serial, since many wouldn't know about Kalyavan.  I think a better point to have started would have been to show Krishna either after Kamsa's death, or after his return from Rishi Sandipan's ashram.  The serial could have started w/ something like Jarasandha declaring war on Krishna for killing his son-in-law Kamsa, and the first week's episode would have been about those wars, and about Krishna moving his capital from Mathura to Dwaraka.

Another major issue I did have was Krishna describing himself to Muchkund as the ruler of Dwaraka.  His entire argument could have been unchanged had he instead described himself as a pramukh rakshak, or something along those lines.  This is not a nitpick - one of the important facts about Krishna was that he never sat on any throne.  Balaram too was addressed as Raja, and nobody showed Ugrasena, who was the ruler of Dwaraka throughout and until Krishna's end.  Yeah, Krishna was the ultimate decision-maker in Dwaraka in that anything he said automatically became the policy.  But not b'cos he was the king.

Also, Balarama, like Lakshman, had the reputation of having a fiery temper, and yet, Hemant was pretty subdued in his reaction to Kalyavan's insult.  He needs to be more volcanic. LOL Incidentally, I liked the actor who played Kalyavan.

I do hope that a flow is maintained in this serial, and they do not leap-frog b/w events.  But other than that, I have a good first impression

Edited by _Vrish_ - 05 July 2011 at 2:45am

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 05 July 2011 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ratilal22192

Originally posted by neetusidhu

i thought that the first episode of the show was good...vishal did a great job as did the actor playing balram in his short scene...also thought that the bad guy did a good job...can someone tell me why he wanted dwarka and his hatred towards bhagwan krishna and balram...
THe bad guy is Jarasand- if i heard correctly
Shri Krishna's uncle Kans- who he killed in Mathura after coming from Gokul, right, so Kans was married to Jarasand's two daughters, and since Shri Krishna killed his son-in-law and made his daughters widow, he was out for revenge, and of course he was evil also...Wink

Yeah, they should have shown all that - that's what makes this a somewhat shoddy beginning.  A starting episode where Jarasandha's daughters are shown crying @ being widowed, and Jarasandha declaring war on Krishna wouldn't have left viewers as clueless.

The above description is right.  Jarasandha went to war against Krishna, and led 16 different campaigns against him, all unsuccessful.  This Kalyavan episode took place @ the end of the 17th.  Also, Krishna, after these attempts, moved his population from Mathura to Dwaraka, an island where they were successfully isolated.

The serial could have done a much better job from a storyline pov.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top