Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Since I was out this week, but did see the episodes, I'll comment on what they showed during the week.

First, Susheela punishing her kids for going out begging was certainly bad, but I had bigger problems w/ Krishna sending his childhood clone to tell the kids that it was okay to disobey their mother since their father had given them prior permission.  Since the kids were staying w/ their mom, it was their duty to obey her.  So regardless of whether one agrees w/ Sudama or Susheela, I actually disagree w/ what her other 3 kids did.  Of course, her punishment was overkill - she could have simply removed the food from there and told them that it's hobson's choice - have what's given, or else nothing.

Tuesday's episode - Krishna covering the sky w/ his discus so that the kids don't get sunstroke - well, it's nice that Krishna's willing to do so much for them.  Actually, when Sudama confronted Susheela, I'm glad she told him to take them if he objected to how she was raising them.  As for Satyabhama, I agree w/ Sita11 in that sometimes, she acts like a real moron.  In this sort of a situation, one doesn't need to be a gyani to figure out that Susheela needs some time to cool off and then think about the consequences of what she is doing - Krishna too pointed out that as a result of one's anger, one's ability to reason gets hampered.  But Satyabhama needs everything done now, and so Narada & Murli Manohar are out on this bizarre mission.

I don't see how Narada's visit to Susheela did any good, since looking @ her old torn saris just brought back bad memories.  And practically, she is right - if you've been through bad times, but are now out of it, why dwell on that?  Instead of going on this begging dharma of his, Sudama could have directly addressed the issues that Susheela had - made it clear to her that she can enjoy all the riches, but she cannot ill-treat her maids like she was doing, or indulge her kids when they were misbehaving.  That would have been the right response to Susheela, rather than digging out his old rags and wearing them to a wedding.

Murli appearing b4 Susheela, and telling her that he used to cook for Krishna's 16,108 queens?  So when did Krishna marry his remaining 105 wives? 😆  Honestly, if this serial had been done right, after the Syamantaka gem episode, they could have had Arjun visit Krishna and then just had him help Krishna in his marriages to Kalindhi, Bhadra & Lakshmanaa, while he separately could have married Mitravindya & Satya.  This would all have been b4 Krishna's war w/ Narakasura.

Honestly, I didn't like Kusum & the other maids gawking @ Murli, while the gopi song about Nandalal was playing in the background.  Krishna had the relationship he did w/ the gopis, and married the women he did, but that doesn't mean that any woman is free to ogle him.  I honestly found that tawdry.  Oh, and returning to one of the niggling issues of language, why does Murli address Susheela as Malkin?  That's the feminine of malik, which is an Arabic word that means king, and was clearly anachronistic here, since this was several millenia b4 any Muslim invasions.  What's next - Krishna as the Amir of Dwarka?  Dhritarashtra as the sultan of Hastinapur?  Why doesn't Murli simply address Susheela as Swamini?  Or Devi?

So Murli offers to be Susheela's cook, and she makes him her full time servant? 😡  To that extent, I agree w/ Satyabhama - Murli didn't volunteer to clean the house b4 Susheela offers him a broom.  But I liked the scene where Murli offered to kick Sudama out of his hut, and Susheela stopped him, stating that he's her husband. 😈  

And speaking of Sudama, I was struck by how irresponsible a father he seemed to be.  He hears a flute playing, and leaves his kids where they are, and just keeps chasing Krishna.  Not just Susheela's, but even Sudama's character has been irreparably damaged by this track.

As for the atheism of Susheela, I just don't understand it either.  Incidentally, Murli installed a statue of Lakshmi-Narayan, whereas the one Sudama had was just Narayan.  I'm guessing that this new statue will be a long term replacement for Sudama's original one.

Anyway, looks like we'll be subjected to more of Sudama's torture this week
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9Y2cfjA7o[/YOUTUBE]
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

The CVs would have done better by making the current track about Krishna becoming a detective & solving the mystery of who implicated Raman in the temple theft - which was never resolved.  At least that would have been better than screwing around w/ Susheela's character. Honestly, I didn't like Kusum & the other maids gawking @ Murli, while the gopi song about Nandalal was playing in the background.  Krishna had the relationship he did w/ the gopis, and married the women he did, but that doesn't mean that any woman is free to ogle him.  I honestly found that tawdry. And speaking of Sudama, I was struck by how irresponsible a father he seemed to be.  He hears a flute playing, and leaves his kids where they are, and just keeps chasing Krishna. Not just Susheela's, but even Sudama's character has been irreparably damaged by this track.

I'm not against fiction being shown but why distort the images of God at least; they can be spared if not the other characters. If one has serious addiction for fiction then make a saas bahu saga, there's no limit, the dead can come back alive, a person can come back with plastic surgery, and anything is possible. But when one touches the subject matter of a mytho or histo then automatically there's lot of responsibility towards the subject matter. If one can't be responsible towards it then why even touch it😡

Well, talking about damaging the image of characters, this has been done several times in DBSK. I don't really expect authenticity all the time as I know that certain amount of fiction is allowed but sometimes fiction really hurts If fiction in a mytho is brought in to enhance the character's image i.e. the lord's image then I'm fine with it but not distorting it. Talking about the Raman track, that was one of the most disturbing tracks of DBSK in my POV It seemed like the CVs brought in that track just to distort the image of Balram & Krishna. If Krishna was always there to establish the faith of Amod's mom then where was he at that time when Raman & his wife needed him. In those days, for justice people would go to the King's court. Dwarka was not just an ordinary royal court but a divine place where the Lord resides, how come Raman didn't get justice & had to die with a false accusation. Balram said he had evidence against him, how come in Dwarka a blunder like that could happen? So Krishna just kept quiet & let Raman kill himself just to fulfill his brother's duty of not going against his elder brother. Why didn't Krishna stop Raman from killing himself? I just couldn't get what they were trying to show at that time. I wasn't actually mad with that track but really hurtThe CVs even never spared Rukmini & always showed her as some ordinary lady unaware of her own divinity & her husband's divinity. If CVs don't spare the lords in the mytho then it's useless to expect them to spare the other characters😵

Talking about this ogling part plus distorting the lord's image, I recall one of those cartoon movies based on Krishna's life. I had talked about that movie about Krishna's blood falling in Rukmini's maang. In that movie, when Krishna & Balram arrived in Mathura, they were walking on the streets & all the ladies were ogling at them & guess what, the two brothers were extremely enjoying all that attention & blushing, walking like some cool dudes & poking at each other telling how those girls were looking at them👎🏼 Honestly, I was seriously disgusted with that portion🤢 When kids watch such movies, then what kind of image of God forms in their mind?😲 While surfing channels if I find some animated or cartoon movie based on mythology then I never mind watching it. I can watch anything on mytho & I don't really get pleased on seeing such things😵 It's kind of weird👎🏼 There are people who have a lot of knowledge of mytho & can differentiate between the fiction being shown while there are also people who actually have little knowledge of mytho so they gain more knowledge on watching such movies or serials. It's really weird if they get a wrong gist or wrong image of Lord in their mind by seeing such tracks as mentioned above The CVs should really learn where to draw the line while inserting fiction & not cross the limit😔

Edited by vik rocks - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Problem is the PH trying to make the gods media w/ which to propagate their beliefs & ideology, and this unfortunately goes back as far as Ramanand Sagar.  The entire Lav-Kush Ramayan of his was just that - if you read Valmiki, you'll notice that it wasn't remotely similar to what was there in the original, aside from Sita's exile and her bhumi-prasthan.  Nowhere in Valmiki was Sita an amzonian perennially self-sacrificing woman who's become the template for women to behave in a doormat fashion - Rama & Sita had a mutual respect for each other.  In the process of departing from authenticity, the makers of various serials also did what they could in delivering messages not consistent with the beliefs and practices of that era.

Take BRC's Mahabhashana.  The theme of that serial, almost summarized in Bheeshma's parting bhashan to Yudhisthir, was that the greatest sin was partitioning the motherland, and asking them whether they could divide Kunti.  But in those times, it was not unethical to partition a kingdom into different parts and fork a dynasty.  Within the Chandravansh, to which the Kurus belongs, each of Yayati's 5 sons started a dynasty of their own, and so there was nothing unethical about Hastinapur & Indraprastha being 2 separate kingdoms.  What did make it wrong later was Duryodhan cheating the Pandavas of their kingdom, and after 13 years, violating their terms.  I had a real problems w/ the ideology against something like an Indo-Pak divide being projected back to a time when the concept of an akhand Bharat did not exist, and I've pointed that out in the CGM forum as well.

The above was a case of PHs projecting their political opinions on historical & divine figures.  In DBSK, the trend continued in the early episodes, when Krishna would talk to Balarama about the costs & consequences of war, and how soldiers' families get bereaved.  Yeah, but that's not what Shri Krishna believed in, going not only by the Gita, but also by his own actions in his early life.  For him, dharam was paramount, and he showed that by killing mamashree Kansa, his cousins Sishupala, Dantavatra & Vidyurath, and battling his cousins Vinda & Anuvinda while abducting Mitravindya to marry her.  Krishna always believed that death was a part of the constant cycle of life & death and that which was predestined, so the early episode messages that he gave Balarama were not Krishna @ all, but rather Sagar Pictures projecting their opinions on to him.  Thankfully, in the Narakasura track onwards, they got Krishna's messages more or less right.  But later, in the Mahabharata track, he was freely giving out divine darshans to Vidura, Bheeshma, Kunti, et al.  Krishna only did this twice - once in Hastinapur to the Kauravas as his Viraat roop, when they tried to capture him, and then in the battlefield, the Vishwa-roop to Arjun.  But how will those be special anymore when Krishna freely gives it to just about anybody?

I agree w/ you that I don't want them showing fiction w/ Gods, and I didn't like them blaspheming Balarama either by the story of Raman & Ramaiya.  However, seeing Sudama's & Susheela's characters distorted is even more unbearable than watching fictional characters misbehave w/ Krishna or Balarama.  But what is important is that they not use these characters to promote their own perceptions & opinions of what ought to be - or not.

I mean, if begging is such a wonderful activity, why doesn't Meenakshi Sagar & the top honchos @ Sagar pictures go around chanting 'bhiksham dehi'???  That will be pretty different from your standard beggars, and while a large section of the public will look @ them as weirdos, they'll at least be intellectually honest.  If someone is known to be a millionaire dons on rags & goes around begging, he's going to be seen as a fraud, no matter what his caste.  How is it different from the Sudama as depicted here?  In Shrimad Bhagvatam, the Sudama chapter ends after he finds his family in a rich palatial home.  There is nothing to suggest that he continued begging after that.

The new promo shows Sudama spotting Krishna working in his home.  Really hope they wind this up soon in a sane way, w/o Susheela resuming living in rags, but just having a balanced attitude towards life.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

They should change current PH with the one who can show unbiased authentic story of Krishna. If in Baba aiso..., they can do,same should be done here. Ibfindia, does care for the content, but not for the actors. They may tell them to show the correct story, but PH will get away by showing disclaimer in the beginning of the show. Displeasure about the track is shown by the viewers via falling trps, but I guess there is no one strong in the channel to tell PH, that stop distorting the story & show the original scripts.

ghotalaz thumbnail

Well said Vrish!👏 I agree these people use the images of Gods just to promote their own ideas & beliefs. What they think is right is exactly the message given out by the characters playing the roles of Gods. No matter however the CVs have portrayed Sita in their versions, for me Sita has always been respectable & a woman of dignity That's why when is serials they ever give out examples of her I really feel it's insulting her👎🏼 I'm sure it's those people who wanted to establish male dominance over the women who wrote down such scenes to say see Sita was like this & that😡 I really don't know what kind of satisfaction they get in distorting the authenticity😡 The Luv-Kush kand shown in the new version – well the less said, the better😵

If dividing lands was a sin or giving out individual kingdoms among as per Bheesma then, in that case this has been since earlier yugs of distributing kingdoms among the successors😲 So did Ram do a sin by doing so? Dividing kingdoms may not be right in the sense that unity is strength but it can't be a sin at all. I don't really have any idea on what's going on in CGM or the forum. I tried to watch it yesterday but due to a long gap couldn't understand what's going on. Haven't even checked out the forum yet. But even they have used a lot of their creative license to get away from the history...

You reminded me of those divine darshans which I really want to forget😆. In my POV, they were simply ridiculous👎🏼 His virat swaroop is priceless bcoz he doesn't reveal it to everyone, only a few get the darshan of his virat swaroop. That's why it holds value. If he's going to show his virat swaroop to everyone at anytime then what's the value of it🤔 The CVs were really bonkers to show something like that😒

Susheela just needs to be shown that despite wealth one can stay grounded to one's values & treat everybody equally. Going back to begging is just not the solution. I wonder what's going on in the minds of the PH. For the sake of TRPs, are they going to show anything & do they really believe that such tracks will bring in TRPs😵

mnx12... their disclaimer is their license to show whatever they want in the name of creativity... I really doubt is there any PH that can show this story without being biased? When it comes to TRPs, all are going to follow the same footsteps

Vr15h thumbnail

If dividing lands was a sin or giving out individual kingdoms among as per Bheesma then, in that case this has been since earlier yugs of distributing kingdoms among the successors😲 So did Ram do a sin by doing so? Dividing kingdoms may not be right in the sense that unity is strength but it can't be a sin at all. I don't really have any idea on what's going on in CGM or the forum. I tried to watch it yesterday but due to a long gap couldn't understand what's going on. Haven't even checked out the forum yet. But even they have used a lot of their creative license to get away from the history...

Precisely!!!  I didn't use the example of Rama, b'cos he was Suryavansh while the Kurus were Chandravansh, but your point remains valid.  Kosala itself seems to have been divided b/w Kush & Luv (although Luv may have actually gotten Dakshin Kosala, which is today's Chhatisgarh, which is nowhere near Avadh), while each of his nephews got a city-kingdom of their own.  Yayati's 5 sons all got a different kingdom each, and another ancestor of the Pandavas - Pururava, who married Urvashi, got from her 5 sons, each of whom got a different kingdom.  In the Mahabharata, when Arjun evacuated Krishna's surviving family from Dwarka, he crowned Kritavarma's son Bali (Krishna's son-in-law) as the ruler of the Andhakas, he crowned Satyaki's son as the ruler of the Satvatas and he crowned Vajra as the ruler of the Vrishnis.  Essentially, the Yadava confederation that existed under Ugrasena and which had quite a bit of factionalism was broken up, and each given their own.

The issue of factional fighting b/w different kingdoms only became an issue in the 12th century during the Muslim invasions, since these were the first invasions attempting to replace native Indian culture & religion w/ something else.  Otherwise, b4 that, there was never any reason for different kingdoms & dynasties to unite, and indeed, splitting them into small kingdoms made them a lot more managable & easier to administer.  Given how well the various dynasties of that time - the Mauriyas, the Guptas, the Kushanas etc all did,  I wouldn't say they were wrong @ all.  

CGM now has a track where the Macedonians are gone and Chanakya & Chandragupta have turned their attention towards Nanda, and are trying to get enough gold w/ which they can get weapons supplies for their army and defeat Nanda.  Again, while Chanakya had an idea of an akhand Bharat, in reality, it wasn't much more than the Mauriyan empire.  Alex's invasion was a pretty unique situation where an alliance of different kingdoms might have been enough to repel him.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
In Sudama-fiction, yesterday they showed, Sudama wanting to end his life after he comes to know Krishna is working at his house as  a cook. His escapist attitued surfaced once again.
Why he conviniently forgot Krishna as Murali helping him on the way to Dwaraka. Why he wasn't  shown recollecting how Murali didn't eat till Sudama didn't eat too. Krishna helping him was ok, but he is trying to change Susheela for Sudama's good family life, was unbearable for him? He didn't think about his 3 children who are his responsibality. Had Lord Krishna approved of an esacpist instead of facing the problems,we wouldn't have got his biggest gift- Bhagvad Geeta.
Vr15h thumbnail
One thing I forgot to mention in all these discussions - in the previous track, when Vishnu finally blessed Sudama, he told him that his tests are over, and he'd never again be tested.  But this whole track has been another series of tests, w/ Krishna bluntly telling Satyabhama that it is, in so many words.

So, in addition to all the other deviancy that they've been pushing, the latest is that Krishna is one who doesn't bother about his past promises.  If that's the case, then when it comes time for the war, let Krishna do something similar there - promise Duryodhan that he'd be a non combatant, and then once the war starts, tell Yudhisthir & Arjun that he wants to command the Pandava army, and make Shikhandi Arjun's charioteer.  After that, Krishna can play his own havoc w/ the Kauravas. 😈  Such a track would be more entertaining, and more likely to draw in TRPs. 😆

I mean, how would such a track be much different from this Sudama track?
ghotalaz thumbnail
What Sudama wanted to end his life??? Is that the solution😵

If Vishnu had blessed Sudama telling his tests are over then what's happening now... surprise tests organized by Krishna as Vishnu can't take any more tests🤣

See it's all bcoz of Draupadi... that poor Sudama has to give so many tests to bring in TRPs & drag the track till she's found🤣 The PH couldn't see him happy at all so brought him back to make him cry & boil the blood of the audiences with confusing messages🤣

Vrish I'm already imagining Krishna taking over the command in the Pandav army 🤣 Sounds fun!!!😈
Vr15h thumbnail
Vik

Do you remember the swarna kamal episodes in the AS Ramayan, where Kush & Luv went out to Kuberlok to find the swarna-kamal so that Valmiki's installation of a Shiva lingam didn't get wasted?  We were subjected to several weeks of wacko programming, and there, Mahadev, Hanuman & Narada were a bunch of sadists enjoying while K-L were put through some unbelievable suffering, being subjected to a battery of tests, which Mahadev constantly assured Parvati as Vidhi ka Vidhan.  In the Ramayan forum @ the time, a whole bunch of us had a big laugh @ the stories, and Vidhi was the most hated person in the forum for such bizarre vidhans 😈

Well, this seems to be DBSK's answer to that.  There, Shiva & Hanuman were administering tests, and here, Krishna is.  After the killing of Bakasura, while the Pandavas are roaming about in the forests w/ Kunti (I'm guessing that pitashri Vasudev is watching that channel in another room), Krishna has enough time to take a break & amuse himself and 2 of his 16,002 or 16,108 wives.  Only difference b/w this serial & that - there, Gurmeet & Debina got a several week break, while here, it's still full duty for Vishal.

I'll wait for the update to comment on it, but tonight's episode was just too funny - the PH has successfully turned this into a comedy routine.

Yeah, @ this point, I wouldn't mind Krishna leading the Pandavas - want to see some action packed battles b/w Krishna & Bheeshma, Krishna & Drona, and hey, bring back Kritavarma as well and have Krishna fight him!  Arjun would hardly have to do a thing, since this serial has no Karna (it's fascinating to see who can be dropped while doing a narration of the Mahabharat)  Of course, given all the missing characters, I wonder how will Krishna bring about the destruction of the Yadavas, since none of them really exist so far - no Satyaki, no Pradhyumna, no Samba, et al.