Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
One thing I forgot to comment on yesterday was the headgear of the various characters.  Only Krishna's looks authentic!!!

I already commented on how Balaram wears a Trojan helmet in battle, and nothing when he's sitting on the throne next to Krishna (itself a weird image).  Jarasandha wears nothing - one wonders whether they're trying to re-create him in the image of a Hannibal Lecter πŸ˜• I've forgotten what Bhishmaka wore, but what Rukmi & Sishupala wore really took the cake.

The turban like headgear used by Rukmi & Sishupala was something never worn by royalty, but something worn by their nobles and merchants.  Both Rukmi & Shishupal looked like they were banias of some sort (no offense to banias).  In reality, everyone - Jarasandha, Bheeshmaka, Sishupala, Balaram and Rukmi - should have been wearing crowns, and the only way Krishna's crown would have been different would have been the peacock feather on his crown, which was something that only he ever wore.

For a serial that's so good about special effects and sets, one would think they'd have gotten the costume right.  Also, anyone else thinks that Rukmini's criss-crossed pearls on her head looks weird?
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
DOTW - 18th to 24th July

| Jai Shri Krishna |
Cuty16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I was waiting from monday to see the elope scene.
But they just dragged it to friday i found this week epi's were slower.
I think the show will be intresting after Mahabharat touch will be added.
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i don't think it was slow.

sometime people want everything to be showed n sometime want to be very fast

they showed us krishna reading the letter , balram knowing everything, jarasand n rukmi know about krishna ariving, devki return, rukmini marriage ritual shown so many tyhings happen . its not drag😊
Vr15h thumbnail
I hope they take a real long while b4 they get to the Mahabharat stretch, b'cos there are a lot of other big things that happened in b/w - the Swayantaka gem and the marriages of Jambavati & Satyabhama, Krishna's other marriages (introduce Arjun during this period, when he befriends Krishna and helps him win Mitravindya), Sudhama's visit, Krishna's campaign against Narakasura and his marriage to the 16,100 concubines... Following this, have the birth of Pradhyumna and his abduction by the demon Shambara, and how he ultimately returns to Krishna & Rukmini, and also have the birth of Krishna's other sons.

After this, have some incidents where Arjun has that challenge w/ Hanuman, then have the building of Indraprastha and Balaram training Bhima & Duryodhan, then have Subhadra's marriage, then Yudhisthir's Rajasuya yagna & killing of Sishupala, his war w/ Shalva and Draupadi's vastra-haran, his visit to the Pandavas and assured support to them, followed by wars against Dantavatra, Purandara and other enemies.  Show Abhimanyu growing up, and being raised by Krishna's family.  Show how Samba abducts Lakshmanaa, Duryodhan's daughter, since this is one of Balaram's successes.  Show the incident w/ Draupadi & Durvasha, and Satyabhama's meeting w/ Draupadi, then after the exile, show his missions to the Kauravas, his meeting w/ Karna, the Gita (finish it within a week), the war and its aftermath.  Parikshit's resurrection is important as it was possibly Krishna's greatest ever achievement, so show that.  Following that, show his role in the Ashwamedha yagna, then follow it w/ his war against Banasura and his grandson Anirudha's marriage to Usha, and then wind it up w/ the Mausala parva events of the Yadava fracticide.

Hope they cover all of this.  If they do it right, they should get great TRPs.  Don't rush the Pandava introduction - show things in the order they likely happened.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^ I wish DBSK Creatives read this post β­οΈ
Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow! hi am new in this particular forum... and whoa its lovely to see like-minded people here!! πŸ˜ƒ i totally agree with the post above! they should not distort the mytho factors!
Vr15h thumbnail
One question - where was Jarasandha when Sishupala alerted Rukmi to the fact that Krishna was in town?  They mentioned something about Jarasandha going somewhere - where was that?  Result was that in last night's episode, he was nowhere around.

I've put up the update, but will comment more on the abduction once Parina has up DOTW - 25th to 31st July
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^ I guess they mentioned that Jarasandh went to invite other kings πŸ˜† for the marriage, don't now how that is possible πŸ˜•...
Vr15h thumbnail
In the original story, Jarasandha, suspecting that Krishna would be there, had all his allies - Shalva, Dantavatra, Purandara Vasudeva, Narakasura, Vinda/Anuvinda, et all swarm into Vidarbha for the marriage - so he had everyone he needed.  All these rulers, including Jarasandha, were confronted by Balaram and successfully blocked.  Only Rukmi made it thru, and went on to successfully intercept Krishna.