+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+ - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
@Debi di : Thanks! yeah ... I know this di i hv jst seen few ep's of SK n its one of it. But my parents dint knew , i hd to tell thm things in detail. So thought it was better if sagars would hv shown it.

Chemisrty : yeah the dialogue was something lk do raaste hote hain aik sahi aik galat, galat raste aasan hota hai par anth mein har hogi par sahi raste par chloge toh mushkilen aayengi par anth mein jeet hogi ;)

Vrish: i too agree i love the stories like of old women even if the incident is nt real
But its diff to accept if they lk to change hist/mytho.

Thnks for the info. Means Rukmi was nt killed by Krishna.
Rukmi was killed by Balram and he was not killed while abducting Rukmini.
DOTW - 11th to 17th July

Jai Shri Krishna
kaunsi puran mein h ki jarasand k mathe pe ek cool tatto thi.? Mujhe batao.
🤣
Jokes apart
neways isn't d shw showng wrong time line?
Tewary u wl b killd one day
varaali

I brought your post here and am responding here, since it's more of a DOTW.

Looking @ the geographical aspects of this, Mathura was separated from Magadh by kingdoms like Panchala, Hastinapur, Kosala, et al, but b/w Mathura and Dwaraka were areas of modern Rajasthan, which at that time would have been Matsya, which was seemingly neutral.  Point is Krishna & Balaram would have had to divert Jarasandha's army while Ugrasena & Vasudev led the Yadavas away to Dwaraka, probably unhindered.

The Kurus didn't have much problems then - either Vichitravirya or Pandu was still running Hastinapur, and Drupada had taken over from Prushata.  I don't think under Bheeshma, Hastinapur would have been a vassal of Magadha, but for whatever reason, Krishna couldn't have his people take refuge there.  So he decided that an island city would be right, and had his people go all the way there.

I agree w/ you that over the last week and this, they should have introduced the other people who were active in Yadava - particularly in Vrishni- Andhaka politics - Akrura, Kritavarma, Sini, Bhoorishrava and so on.  Later, in the Mahabharat, the origins of the enemity b/w Satyaki & Bhoorishrava are touched on - Sini was the one who got Devaki married to Vasudev - show it, or some reference to it.  Introducing these different players, as well as Ugrasena, Vasudev, Rohini & Devaki would have made for a much interesting storyline.

I think that the serial had not been researched properly when Sagar Pictures started work on it, or else, the entire blueprint of the serial would have been slowly laid out.

Originally posted by varaali

Am I the only one to feel that the story is progressing at a break neck speed?

The title says "Dwarakadheesh..." but they did not even show the construction of Dwaraka or the circumstances in which it was built.

I just want clear up some facts here. This should be Jarasandh's eighteenth battle. 17 times he attacked Mathura and was repulsed. Then came the Kala Yavana / Muchukunda episode. Almost immediately, Jarasandh attacked once again. Seeing that Mathura would not be able to stand another seige, Krishna advises the Yadavas to emmigrate to Dwaraka.

The Srimad Bhagavatham does not describe this mass exodus in detail; claiming merely that Krishna transporded the entire Yadu clan with his Yoga Maya powers- which we can dismiss as literary hyperbole that Vyasa so often fell a prey to.

But  let us look into this with whatever little facts we do know. Transporting an entire population across the breadth of the country could have been no mean task.

Dwaraka was most certainly where we think it was- in Saurashtra on the sea shore. Mathura was certainly in its present location (in UP), Magadh in Bihar and the northern portion of Madhya Pradesh could have been the Panchala Kingdom- ruled by Dhrupad. Further North were the Kurus. Vidharbh - ruled by the Bhojas was the eastern portion of Maharshtra. The region around Ujjain was the Avantika kingdom- ruled by the twin princes Vinda and Anuvinda- who though having studied with Krishna under Guru Sandipani were- at the moment -allied with Jarasandh.

The point I am trying to make is that the enitire Central belt was under the sway of Jarasandha - none of the kings could have offerred assistance or refuge to the Yadavas. The Kurus and the Panchalas were embroiled in their own family problems.  This could have been the reason which necessiated a mass movement  of an entire kindom, an entire clan, a distinct cultural entity to trudge thousands of kilometers to an alien land.

This, I thought would have been lovely story for the Sagars to explore, dramatise and present. Krishna discussing the political implications with  vasudeva, Akrura and Ugrasens, Krishna motivating the youngsters-  Satyaki, Brihadbala, etc . I am disappointed that the Sagars conveniently skipped this part.

Also Krishna's philosophical discussions could have been with Uddhava.  Balrama was of the work hard- party harder school ðŸ˜›
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Finally we got to see the entry of Shishupal. Now the story would be more interesting. They have shown Shishupal as a complete womanizer and an irresponsible king. Even his own guards are not happy to serve him. By the by they also said that he was the adopted son of Jarasandh😲. When did that happen? The scene with Krishna and the old woman was something similar to Shabari and Ram or Krishna and Sudhama. I liked Rukmi in one part. He was really concerned about Rukmini when she was ill. But he again was angry when she started chanting the name of Krishna. At least they are trying to show something good of Rukmi. According to Bhagavath Rukmi was a person who loved Rukmini very much; but Krishna was unfortunately his greatest enemy.
Lakshmin

The account of Sishupal being in Jarasandha's care was accurate, although not the part about him being an adopted son.  If you recall, when Sishupal was born, he was born w/ 4 arms and 3 eyes - one on the forehead - and it was prophesied that those monster appendages would disappear once he's on the lap of the person destined to kill him.  On an occasion that Krishna & Balaram visited his mother (who was their bua, like Kunti was), Krishna took the baby Sishupal in his lap, and those extra arms & eye disappeared.  Srutadeva then begged Krishna to spare him, and Krishna promised to forgive him 100 times, which apparently Srutadeva took to mean forever 😆

Anyway, his father Damaghosha was worried, and decided that Sishupal would be safe from Krishna if he was put under the care of Jarasandha.  He therefore sent him to be @ Jarasandha's service, and there he remained.  Unwittingly, that also contributed to making him an enemy of Krishna, despite their relationship, and fulfilling that prophecy.

During the attempted marriage w/ Rukmini, he was still the yuvraj of Chedi, but was still being raised by Jarasandha.  After Krishna's marriage to Rukmini, he harassed Krishna a lot of times, but was spared (in the process, burning up those pardons his mother had gotten for him).

Eventually, when his father died, he returned to Chedi and was crowned its ruler.  Sometime after that, Krishna, Bhima & Arjun had that encounter w/ Jarasandha, which saw the end of him.  When the Pandavas went on their Rajasuya conquests following that, Bhima entered Chedi, and Sishupal, recognizing where the power lay, welcomed him, and relations b/w Chedi and Indraprastha were not bad.  Until Sishupala decided to insult Krishna in the Rajasuya yagna itself.
Thanks for letting me know the father-son relation between Jarasandh and Shishupal. I never knew it.
It wasn't father-son, it was more of a guardian or a foster relationship.  Shishupala didn't succeed Jarasandha @ Magadh - he succeeded his own father @ Chedi.
Thanks for correcting me once more. I actually meant to put father-son in double quotes; but forgot to do so