Manish speaks fitness--indya.com

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 30 July 2011 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Manish speaks fitness

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Manish Goel, who was recently seen in Adaalat and is currently in Bangalore where he will be walking the ramp at Bangalore Fashion week, is passionate about fitness. We speak to him as he discusses his favourite subject and also shares some fitness tips

Showing 1  of 5 images  Previous     Next

Tell us about your fitness regime?
I dislocated my shoulder during the shoot of Zara Nachke Dikha and could not workout for a year and a half and was not allowed to do weights. That is when I got inclined to jogging. People prefer to run on the treadmill as it is believed that you will injure your legs jogging on the road. I wear good shoes that making jogging in the park or on the road comfortable. I even jog when it is raining even though people may think I am crazy but I enjoy it. Now I can do weights three days a week and cardio on other days. I also like doing freehand exercises like pushups, pull-ups and abs. It is also important to work on your legs as some people have a good body but really thin legs. Kickboxing and Thera-band worked for me during my injury.

What foods do you include in your diet and what do you avoid?
I don't avoid any food but I avoid carbohydrates post sunset. I eat the maximum in the morning little lesser for lunch and least at night. I have a habit of eating two or three biscuits with my morning cup of tea. For lunch, it is just one roti with sabzi and one roti for dinner again. I eat every two or three hours a day but it is something nutritious like nuts, salad or I drink milk. I have sweets only on Saturday which could be kheer prepared by Poonam or Amore low fat gelato which is my favourite. I also have protein shake pre and post workout even though it tastes really bad. I also have green tea which is very good for health due to its anti ageing properties.

What are your problem areas and how have you worked on them?
Like most Indian men my abs is my problem area. About eight years ago, I decided that I will knock off all that fat anyhow. Luckily, I managed and I have maintained it well.

What fitness advice will you give fans?
My tip will be- Just love your body. Don't workout just because someone else is doing. Everyone is different and their diet is different and you never know what works for them and what does not. Also, I find it silly when people say that having a good body means you should have a six pack. Don't workout to prove a point. Lastly everyone should workout no matter how busy they are.

Who are your fitness icons?
I am my own fitness icon (laughs), as I have been fit for more than 12 years now. Co-stars often ask me how I have been so fit for more than a decade now. I did a bare body photoshoot for a magazine three years ago and I was the first TV actor to do such a shoot. The photos were supposed to be used inside the magazine but the team liked them so much that they use one photo on the cover page. Whenever I feel lazy to workout, I look at those pictures and they inspire me. I don't aim to have the same kind of body that I used to have that time but I can atleast try to be fitter than what I am currently.

Edited by Armu4eva - 30 July 2011 at 5:01am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index