Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

TV is inappropriate.

mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Posted: 10 January 2006 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
I have been noticing recently that more and more shows these days show sex before marriage(not the actual deed) and that most people engage in this activity. Most of these shows also show illegitimate children and girls and guys saying it was okay to have sex before marriage cause they loved each other. Every show practically is about infidelity and marriageless children and sex. The music videos are practically about who can wear the least clothes w/o being actually naked. I feel that it has come to a certain point where u cant watch tv with ur family anymore. "Every" show is talking about this stuff and "all" music videos have this sex signal and i just feel that it is extremely inappropriate. Tv shouldn't be something that u cant sit and watch with ur parents and have to be embarassed. What do u guys think?

zhasan2 IF-Rockerz
zhasan2
zhasan2

Posted: 10 January 2006 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
well, i agree with you at some extent. Some shows have inappropriate things in them but not all.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 January 2006 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Hi Zara ,I agree that Television these days has become very in -appropriate . People who are TV junkies are often influenced by Television . There are certain things that are being shown too often . Although i don't believe there is anything wrong in pre - marital sex .

But i strongly oppose adultery and Ekta Kappoor shows that supposrt two spouses without blinking an eye lid .Its like most shows make no big deal about people in adultery - Karan (KSBBT )has two wives and that seems to be acceptable. Piya ka Ghar - Hero has two wives , and thats no big deal ,in Kusim they showed Abhay switched between living with Mahi and Kusum , and nobody realy frowned on that !!

In Saat Phere ,the main lead is a week character who is walked over easily . Isn't it important to show the lead character as some one viewers aspire to be ???

In Ek Ladki Anjaani se - The lead guy makes a fuss that adoption is not good enough for him and wants to have a baby with a surrogate instead . Is that what they should be showing viewers in a land that has so many orphans and we should be looking at a way to make adoption an acceptable way to extend a family and not go the route of surrogacy !!

In all shows , evil always wins loud and clear untill the show comes to an end . But you spend years watching evil triumph over good !!

T.V while entertaining can still pass on a message that helps people .
It need not be a documentary that bores but it can at least support some important issues and tackle the negative that prevails our society !!

Edited by Aparna_BD - 10 January 2006 at 5:00pm
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 10 January 2006 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
Clap Clap Clap well said aparna di....i dun have nething 2 say u said it all..i agree with all aparna di said
Willows Senior Member
Willows
Willows

Posted: 10 January 2006 at 11:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mkzara

I have been noticing recently that more and more shows these days show sex before marriage(not the actual deed) and that most people engage in this activity. Most of these shows also show illegitimate children and girls and guys saying it was okay to have sex before marriage cause they loved each other. Every show practically is about infidelity and marriageless children and sex. The music videos are practically about who can wear the least clothes w/o being actually naked. I feel that it has come to a certain point where u cant watch tv with ur family anymore. "Every" show is talking about this stuff and "all" music videos have this sex signal and i just feel that it is extremely inappropriate. Tv shouldn't be something that u cant sit and watch with ur parents and have to be embarassed. What do u guys think?

I agree that most of the shows these days are more into titlating ,skin shows, and are sometimes worse than our own veteran Dada Kondke double meaning stuff, regarding real life relationship as long as the human values and dignity is maintained people doing whatever they feel within limits as drawn by them, is fine.

I believe pre martial sex or otherwise is a basic human instinct like sleeping; eating, hence it is fine as long as two human beings are committed to the relationship, yes indeed this affection is now being showcased by our money minded TV and music videos companies, who are out to sell our culture and values for small killings that they make on temporary basis by showing semi- nude stuff on the telly, which is the main source of entertainment, unless people who cherish values and cultures do not come forward and stem the rot, watching TV along with family would become more of embarrassment than entertainment.

Edited by Willows - 10 January 2006 at 11:26pm
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 9:56am | IP Logged
agree with aparna and vishesh.....nothing more to say Tongue
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Vishesh , your thoughts are beautifully put . I am not in favour of too much censorship ...........but i rather that they be rated properly . If people in this forum are calling certain Movies as Vulgar and having too many Adult scenes . Well then that Movie is for Adult and they shouldn't be watching it . And if its properly rated as Adult show or a Movie then you can chooose not to watch it with parents or kids. There are many age appropriate stuff .
But as Zara wanted to point out that many entertaining soaps are churning out nonsence that can have affect on people way of thinking . Example family serials like Kyinki or KGGK,KZK   or many other . They are called family serials but end up showing so much nonsensical that i would not like my kids exposed to , without parental guidance !!
queen-bee Goldie
queen-bee
queen-bee

Posted: 11 January 2006 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Well, TV maybe inappropriate but look at the TRPS.... Television is no longer about "innovation and creativity"...It's pure business! TV industry is churning out what sells. The masses are drawn towards colorful drama and that's why these serials are running.

Shakespeare had rightly said....."The character of the mob is fickle".

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index