Celebrity Fan Clubs

Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit FC (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 149

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Thx suzi fr this...Surprisingly she is one of the actors who doesnt attend much of the fashion shows...

Ohh m loving this outfit of hers...Day Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suzi_b

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit FC (Page 4)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Me too...loving the outfit so much...here's more of the lovely Mads...Embarrassed

I am not much of a fashion person myself...but I am loving Varun Bahl's designs...very fairytailishh...like the one Mads is wearing...check 'em out...Wink
Even without walking the ramp she was definitely the show-stopper...Star

*Resham*

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Exactly suzi...she is looking like a show stopper only

suzi_b

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Madhuri Dixit's elephantine task!

After actor Amitabh Bachchan campaigning for the tigers, you will now hear actress Madhuri Dixit Nene talking about saving Asian elephants. Sources close to the actress say she was deeply moved by the ghastly images of animals being hit by running trains in the jungles of North Bengal and felt very strongly about it.

According to a statement released by Madhuri, the actor feels that humans should not inhabit on the space meant for the tuskers. Since we have encroached upon their spaces, incidents of human-elephant struggle are increasing, she said.

"Elephants are one of my favourite animals and I love them. So what we need to do today is to see how we can preserve our animals. I feel very strongly about this," the actress said.

On deforestation, Madhuri said it is high time that people in India woke up to its perils.

"Many instances of human-elephant conflict have been reported in the country. This would not have happened if elephants had their own space and humans did not cut forests for farmlands, settlements, industries, roads or railways," she added.

Madhuri recently accepted an offer to become the face of a project that aims to secure space for Asian elephants. A Zambia-based company has collaborated with World Land Trust and Wildlife Trust of India to launch a project that raises funds for protection of elephants in Asia.

"What the company is doing is that they are not only taking resources from our land, they mine here for emeralds, but they are also giving it back. That I think every person needs to do," Madhuri said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_madhuri-dixits-elephantine-task_1568887

*Resham*

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 1:13pm | IP Logged

*Resham*

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

Madhuri Dixit Fronts Emerald-Studded Wildlife Project

'Emeralds for Elephants', a wild life conservation project, has chosen Madhuri Dixit as its ambassador in India. This project is devoted to the protection of endangered Asian elephants and tigers.

A collaboration between Zambia's largest emerald mining company Gemfields, the World Land Trust and Wildlife Trust of India, the project includes a collection of special jewellery for India.

madhuri fronts emerald studded wildlife project
Madhuri Dixit near the Ganesha installment Emerald Avighna

Emeralds for Elephants will launch an event in Mumbai later in the week. It will also feature a Ganesha installment made of emeralds by sculptor Arzan Khambatta called Emerald Avighna and many other stunning pieces by 10 top Indian jewellery designers. Gemfields raised a staggering 150,000 (approx Rs. 1.07 crore) at a similar event at Selfridges in London in June 2010.

http://luxpresso.com/news-couture/madhuri-dixit-fronts-emeraldstudded-wildlife-project/6492

*Resham*

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 1:31pm | IP Logged

*Resham*

Gaja-Gamini

Gaja-Gamini

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Candid in the capital
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Candid-in-the-capital/Article1-725024.aspx

Madhuri Dixit Nene's reaction to the recent debate in Bollywood over pregnancy clauses stemming out from the rift between of filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar and actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was curt.

The 44-year-old mother of two said, "Why should there be a clause in a contract? All that
is needed is trust and mutual respect between a filmmaker and his actors." She added, "I have worked in this industry for eons, gotten married, had children and none of the filmmakers I worked with had to resort to any contracts or go public with any issues."

Madhuri, who was in the Capital to attend designer Varun Bahl's Delhi Couture Week show, also had strong opinions over the use of profanity in films such as Delhi Belly. "It was definitely surprising to see such colourful language being used in a Bollywood film, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The film showed how people actually talk and behave, which is a very refreshing take," she says.

However, Madhuri wants to be careful with the film projects she picks for herself. "I have projects in the pipeline, but I don't want to make a return to the films just because I should. I want to do it with a film that I feel is right for me. And do it when I am ready," she says. Could this also be the reason why she reportedly turned down an offer to play actor Sonam Kapoor's mother in the remake of Hollywood hit Freaky Friday? "I think Anil (Kapoor) mentioned it to some people that he wanted to cast me, and the whole issue just snowballed. I honestly didn't feel I was or am ready to play such roles," she says.

Madhuri  speaks...
All that is needed is trust and mutual respect between a filmmaker and his actors.

I want to do it with a film that I feel is right for me. And do it when I am ready.

As long as I have interesting projects to do, I'll surely be spending more time in the country.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

suzi_b*Resham*

Post Reply New Post

Go to top