Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 7:11pm | IP Logged

YEH RISHTA SUCCESS KEHLATA HAIN 

PRODUCER RAJAN SHAHI HAS BEEN BEAMING ACROSS POSITIVITY IN A TELLY WORLD RULED BY TEARS,FINDS SWATI SONI 

Related Articles 

YEH RISHTA SUCCESS KEHLATA HAIN 

[Previous] MYT Lokhandwala [Next]

SWATI SONI 

FHe is a power-packed producer with TRP-ruling shows.A believer in clean,unadulterated entertainment,Rajan Shahi has given us serials such as Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain.
With several other interesting projects in the pipeline,Shahis struggle is a story worth telling.Though my maternal grand-dad,Jayrajji,was very popular in his days,I had a regular upbringing.I studied in Delhi and then moved to Mumbai for greener pastures.It was in Mumbai that my struggle began, smiles Shahi.
Shahi started off by assisting Gulzar,Lekh Tendon and Sanjay Khan.In 1994,he joined director/producer Ravi Rai and that was the turning point of his life.I was actively involved in famous serials such as Sailaaband Thoda Hai Thode Ki Jaroorat Hai, says Shahi,adding,I have done everything from being a spot boy to direction to production.There have been days when Ive just eaten Maggi and slept on shooting floors.There have been days when I have shared one small apartment with several other strugglers as well. 
Then,of course,followed a very successful stint: His first independent show as a director,Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi in 1999,was a super-hit.This was followed by other directorial ventures such as Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi,Hamare Tumhare,Rishtey,Kareena Kareena,Reth,Saat Phere,Mamtaa,Millee,Virasaat and Saathi Re.
As times changed and the television industry started beaming tearynegative family sitcoms,Shahi thought dif ferently.I thought,Why cant I make a serial which exudes positivity A great believer in the Indian value system,Shahi explains his positivity,India is a country where the young generation respects the older generation,where God plays an integral role and where one lives for another.I needed a show that reflects this positivity and lets people connect. 
Thats how his production house,Director's Kut,was born.He turned producer with Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai,which won lots of accolades.The dream run continued withBidai topping TRP charts for months and Yeh Rishta running on even now.
Ask him why his serials target the second-tier cities and not urban India and he laughs,Well,I work on what is in demand and that has reaped us benefits.But,yes,am ready to do something ur ban,which connects with the metros. 
Speak about being a resident of Lokhandwala for over a decade and he is all smiles,This is heaven.I vis ited here with my grand-dad when I was 15 and I thought,I will have some connection here later.And look,here I am.I enjoy the cosmopolitan feel of the place and of course,I love the food. But,above all,he grins,What I really love about this area is that all festivals are celebrated here.People care for their vicinity,want to keep it clean and bond during festivals. We wish him all the positivity he beams across,back to him.swati.soni@timesgroup.com

Well,I work on what is in demand and that has reaped us benefits.But,yes,I am ready to do something urban,which connects with the metros 

- RAJAN SHAHI,PRODUCER 

[Previous] MYT Lokhandwala [Next]

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kingini_aardrasush4frndz-Raz-moonlight08.Senorita.Abommi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Yeh rishta success kehlata hai-Rajan Shahi" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_NiShI_

IF-Rockerz

_NiShI_

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
thanks 4 sharing

JAYA_09

IF-Rockerz

JAYA_09

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
but rajan sahi ko kuch fark nahi padtah yar he never given party yrkkh completed 650 episodes and never showd any interest on yrkkh he always talks abotu bidaai and not abotu yrkkh if he get award for yrkkh he vl keep everythign in his shwo case he is not concentrating on cv;s and screen play director nothign yaar never appreciate theri work so kanjoosi yaar dress of actors so reptitive main leads naksh ka mainly naitik shrits so repetitive atleast he cn change his wardrobe yaar give him soem tshirts and soemthign nw and really he don;t want  to spend money yrkkh actors

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sush4frndz

-Raz-

IF-Rockerz

-Raz-

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Nice article,he struggled a lot,as read from the article,did a good show,well actually two good shows,SBKB and YRKKH...two my favz

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kingini_aardrasush4frndz

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
galat..his dream run continued with 2 flop shows...ma ki charo mein swarg and chand chupa badal mein LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anamika00VertzArmu4evakingini_aardrasush4frndz-Raz-

-Raz-

IF-Rockerz

-Raz-

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _charu_

galat..his dream run continued with 2 flop shows...ma ki charo mein swarg and chand chupa badal mein LOL
lol..thats true,but havent watched them

Anyah

Anyah

Posted: 12 August 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
BIDAAAI IS BETTER THAN YRKKH!!

Abommi

IF-Sizzlerz

Abommi

Posted: 12 August 2011 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
thanks yaar...for sharing

Post Reply New Post

Go to top