Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

DBSK depictions & presentations (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 16 February 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by .Vrish.

In today's episode, there were several things unique to SP that were brought out here:
Rukmini's return -but what would be surprising is that if she's been away from her husband this long, how does she suddenly come back pregnant? 

If Krishna himself is not concerned , it should be none of your business too, VrishWink LOL

Very true LOL

Where did Rukmini get a dahima from?  Somehow, the Manthara-like dahima's presence made Rukmini look like some sort of a Kaikeyi, while Satyabhama & Jambavati were left looking like a Kaushalya & Sumitra.  (As I noted in the Rukmini BACK thread, I won't comment on her looks any more - happy that she's back)

Actually who is a Dahi- Ma? Curd Mother? 

I should have written Daima, which means Mid-wife, if I got it right.

I liked the start of a new track and something other than Sudama, 

Oh Yes, I too am glad to see the back of Sudama. i do hope that eventually Mohan grows up to be a Master Chef in Aniruddha;s household, dishing out rabris and jalebis but for the time being- Bye Bye Sudama &family

Shouldn't Mohan work in Pradhyumna's houshold?  He's older than Pradhyumna already.  What about the other 3 kids - should they work for Samba, Bhanu and Abhimanyu later? LOL

but while the dramatization of Rukmini's return is understandable, what isn't acceptable is them putting modern practices, like taking some eyeliner and putting it on one's head - did such a practice even date back to those times?

Actually shouldn't it be Revathi Or Devaki (someone elder) doing these ceremonies?

Well, Devaki returned to Mathura after her 6 sons were released, while Revathy & Balarama have gone goodness knows where.  But more seriously, in SB, 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DBSK depictions & presentations (Page 6)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 3:33am | IP Logged
One thing about this Pradhyumna track - while SB covers it in a single chapter, fact remains that after Pradhyumna disappeared, there was a major interval of something like 16 years or so b4 he returned.  So showing the track this way doesn't look good.

What they could have done after they completed the Syamantaka gem episodes would have been show Rukmini pregnant and then give birth, and have Shambara kidnap Pradhyumna & disappear.  After that, Rukmini could have quietly exited the scene, while they showed Narakasura.  And brought back a Rukmini for the first Sudama track.

That way, they could have shown everything they showed in b/w, and now, switched over to Pradhyumna.  That would have made a lot more sense than the saas bahu show they're putting on b/w Rukmini & Satyabhama.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavaraali

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Given the announcement today of the channel ending, I decided to pull this thread upfront, so that people can comment on the serial here, rather than start several threads about it.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
One thing that struck me - the promo that they had running the last few days showed Krishna heavily armored, like he was often in the middle of a war.  Something that this show did its best to minimize - except Narakasura & Rukmi, Krishna rarely fought anyone here.  Even Paundrak was depicted as something of an execution, when in fact, it was in a battle that Krishna slew him.
In fact, even in Kurukshetra, I doubt that Krishna wore such a heavy battle gear, although he may have.  Although for this wildly inaccurate serial, the depiction of Krishna w/ the flute would have been more appropriate.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Too bad they've deleted the YouTube channel, or the above still would have clearly indicated what they were showing re: Krishna's armor.

ayushmitaa

ayushmitaa

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:26am | IP Logged
we miss dwarkadheesh show still...please bring it back...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top