Page 2 Page 6

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

Dwarkadhish Bhagwan Shri Krishna

A good lesson in mythology

Monday to Thursday 8.00 pm, Imagine TV

Nitish Bhardwaj played Krishna so beautifully in BR Chopra's Mahabharat that it's unimaginable to see any other actor in that 'immortal' role. But Vishal Karwal, Imagine's new Dwarkadhish, just about manages to fit into the part. With a cheeky, naughty smile and dimples to boot, Vishal does remind you of Bhardwaj and captures the naughty spirit of the Lord but sadly enough, he doesn't get the 'emotional' sur right. Maybe it's early days yet, maybe those royal mojris are mighty to fill in, maybe it's too big a role to do justice to but something is amiss for sure. More about that later!

Dwarkadhish Bhagwan Shri Krishna, as the title suggests, is about Krishna, who lives inDwarka, his exploits on the battlefield, his calculative bent of mind, his victory over his enemies (from Kans to Kalyavan, Shishupal, Jarasandh and Rukmi, to name a few) through sheer ingenuity, his bond with Balaram and his warm relationship with the people of his kingdom. Fortunately, there are no cute tales about his makhanchori and his flirting withRadha and the gopiyan, something we have seen ad nauseam in other shows on the Lord.

Now for what works and what doesn't for the show. Dwarkadhish is lavishly mounted, you have actors in elaborate costumes and palaces done up ostentatiously, perfect and picturesque but most of it seems to be computer generated, and sticks out like a sore thumb, taking away the soul from the proceedings. For instance, there was a battle sequence between the mighty Jarasandh and Krishna and Balarama, which had the two brothers climbing a mountain while Jarasandh's soldiers set it on fire in a bid to kill them…what could have been exciting to watch was let down by some tacky computer graphics. The images looked disjointed and the action seemed to be happening at one place while the protagonists were in another, it didn't look like a whole and that took the joy away completely from the scene.

Also, the actors cast in key roles is another sore point. Except for Puneet Issar as Jarasandh (Issar's broad frame takes away 95 per cent of my TV screen), other actors like the podgy, expressionless Balaram and the mouse-like Rukmini or the apology of an actor cast as the warrior Shishupal have neither the personality nor the magnetism to pull off those big roles.

Last but not the least, Vishal as Dwarkadhish, is extremely easy on the eye, but he needs to get his dialogue-delivery right, and modulate his voice instead of just parroting the lines. However, Dwarkadhish is still a notch above the tame fare that passes of as primetime entertainment. It's a good lesson in mythology for children. At least, my son thinks so.

Verdict:

Watch it, nothing to lose.

@screenindia.com

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12RadhikeraniRoarkcoolpratz..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DBSK depictions & presentations" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chemestry

Goldie

chemestry

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
is this article or ur words ?

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 1:27am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing, the actors playing some of the imp. roles, fails to get attention, they should improve their casting. In BG score, too singers with melodious voice should be chosen. Most of the time while watching the show, I feel it can be still better.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 1:46am | IP Logged
I think the casting in Dwaraka is more or less fine.  On Jarasandha's side, they could have selected better villain playing roles for Sishupala, Shalva and Dantavatra.  Particularly given that Krishna's individual battles w/ each of them would deserve to be shown.  While they could have selected someone better for Rukmini, describing Priya as mouse like or Balaram expressionless is quite off the mark.

The real problem is the costumes, which have been authentic only for Krishna so far (I need to re-watch Vasudev to see if they got him right).  Otherwise, on Jarasandha's end, it looks like a Trojan army, and what Rukmi wears is totally anachronistic.  And lose those turbans, and get the crowns: Krishna's was the only one w/ peacock feathers, but everyone else wore crowns.  But I'm glad that none of them except Vasudev has been shown bearded - that seems true to script.

Oh, and the philosophy - particularly of Krishna - for heavens' sake, get it right: it's about time.  Krishna didn't do things for the same reason soap actors and actresses do: he did them for a combination of political, philosophical and other reasons.  He did not always make it a point to irritate his Dau.  Wonder if they'll make Rukmini make Krishna respect Balaram more.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rockslola610Roark..RamKiJanaki..sita11

rainurubal

IF-Rockerz

rainurubal

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 3:58am | IP Logged
don't know what to say,,but atleast  i think i m satisfied with the show,,,,,mujhe toh pehel yeh bhi nahi pata ke krishan ki wife Rukmini thi ,,i always thought radha was his wife

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 6:09am | IP Logged
i am terribely misisng the soul of the show
the soul which was there in JAI SHRI KRISHNA on COLORS ...
I am only impressed by VISHAL as KRISHNA
rest of the star cast has not impressed me OuchOuch
esp RUKMINI ...OuchOuch
Ouch

Edited by sita11 - 22 July 2011 at 6:55am

chemestry

Goldie

chemestry

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
this is my only opinious not to against anyone

i think that JSK on colours was looking too faked.
first they made a mistake by making girl as small krishna, as she is girls from any angle she was giving the feeling of cute kanha as baby

and most of the jwellery and their makeup too looked like daily soap.
and again teenage krishna they had not work on his hair so it was looking more like play where people play role in skit

i have not much seen that show but saw some glimps of that.

DBSK looked too mature show n with royal palace of dwarka.
and specially shree krishna look too good with it mature and cute behaviour only he had to work out on his dialogue delivey

i think vishal's voice is not mytho material like svardhan in shree krishna used to talk smoothly and easily .

.Vrish.

Roark

IF-Rockerz

Roark

Posted: 22 July 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
I kinda of agree with the article. I have not seen any other serial on krishna other than the mahabharatha of BR Chopra as I could not imagine anyone else other than Nitish Bharadwaj. Its a herculean task to follow.

Vishal is fine but all that I have seen him doing is grin and display his dimnples more prominently.

Ba;larama the guy looks okay but his role is not well etched. Jarasandha is fine but the rest of team members are a joke.

Too much of computer graphics is actually spoiling the whole scene.

But in all fairness I think the show has just started and we definitely need to give some more time for the steam to gather.

.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top