Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
🀣
Originally posted by: momma1128

Does anyone else find it totally ironic that hell raiser ASR has of all things - gardening - as a hobby?  He doesn't come home and shadow box (although I would sooo love to see ASR in that get up and sweaty) or go hunting (the go to past time of all hard hearted men in Hindi tele and filmdom) - these activities also involve no other human interaction.  But no - he gardens...like Benedictine monks.

This is what I think about this little hobby and Mr. Greenthumb.

Arnav has needs (no I am not talking about primal things here, I am talking emotional - we can all see that La is always ready to quench that need in ASR 🀒).  He needs to take care of something, he wants to nuture something, he wants to turn his attention at the end of a hard day to something gentle and to something that will appreciate his care.  Because of whatever has happened in the past to harden him against people and their ulterior motives, he can not and has made it a point that he will not (yes, the man has trust issues) find a person to fill that role - so he turned to gardening.  His garden grows because he takes the time to nuture it and attend to its needs.  And this is also how his love will grow, when he finally allows that flower to bloom.

The other thing I thought of was that Khushi and Arnav process angst and tumult in their lives the same way.  They do not turn to their close ones and discuss - one turns to plants and the other to making jalebis.  It's during the pruning, watering, frying and pouring that they work out what's churning in their minds.  They really are just different sides of the same coin.  (Can you imagine after a couple's fight - Arnav with the tulips and Khushi in the kitchen with a mountain of jalebis...that deserves a split screen πŸ˜†).

πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ‘
sunaina02 thumbnail
Anu - wonderful post ! loved your analysis .!!
paircube thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: momma1128

The other thing I thought of was that Khushi and Arnav process angst and tumult in their lives the same way.  They do not turn to their close ones and discuss - one turns to plants and the other to making jalebis.  It's during the pruning, watering, frying and pouring that they work out what's churning in their minds.  They really are just different sides of the same coin.  (Can you imagine after a couple's fight - Arnav with the tulips and Khushi in the kitchen with a mountain of jalebis...that deserves a split screen πŸ˜†).

True😊.
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Your last part cracked me up Anu. I can so imagine them having their normal fights cause where would the show without them clashing at every angle, and Arnav goes off to his plants, nurture them while Khushi runs to the kitchen to make jalebi's. She cannot really feed Arnav them since he is diabetic and if Khushi was left alone in Arnav's garden, it would be disaster landπŸ˜† but it would be cute for sure.

I have to agree with what you said about them venting their emotions out on these things. It's def interesting track they have included in this impending love story -jalebi's and gardening.πŸ˜†
ArshForEver thumbnail
Love his hobby. Thinking of making it my hobby:-)
bikerider thumbnail
Originally posted by: jenny1000

Your last part cracked me up Anu. I can so imagine them having their normal fights cause where would the show without them clashing at every angle, and Arnav goes off to his plants, nurture them while Khushi runs to the kitchen to make jalebi's. She cannot really feed Arnav them since he is diabetic and if Khushi was left alone in Arnav's garden, it would be disaster landπŸ˜† but it would be cute for sure.

πŸ˜† for sure it will be a disaster πŸ˜† for that matter wherever she goes she does do something
only ASR can handle her πŸ˜†

I have to agree with what you said about them venting their emotions out on these things. It's def interesting track they have included in this impending love story -jalebi's and gardening.πŸ˜†

marisol45 thumbnail
His hobby is definitely one of the things I like about him...reveals a lot about his character.
He may be all hot headed on the surface but he actually likes the calm.
I like that they don't show him as a typical "angry young man" ,shirtless and assaulting a punching bag in his free time(not that i'd actually mind seeing that lol).
But this simple act of gardening sets him apart.It gives him peace and brings out the real Arnav.He cannot show that side of him to others due to something that happened in his past.So these plants provide the perfect outlet for his bottled up emotions.They need to be taken care of, so he takes care,they are silent, so he gets to think through things.
bikerider thumbnail
Originally posted by: marisol45

His hobby is definitely one of the things I like about him...reveals a lot about his character.

πŸ‘ yes and thats the reason we love his character, how muchever hard he is but he is very much a softer kind from inside , and CVs have this one hobby which summerises his softer side 😳
i love the way kushi is shocked to see him watering the plants πŸ˜†

πŸ‘

He may be all hot headed on the surface but he actually likes the calm.
I like that they don't show him as a typical "angry young man" ,shirtless and assaulting a punching bag in his free time(not that i'd actually mind seeing that lol).

haha you are bang on but there are already enough of that catergoy πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

But this simple act of gardening sets him apart.It gives him peace and brings out the real Arnav.He cannot show that side of him to others due to something that happened in his past.So these plants provide the perfect outlet for his bottled up emotions.They need to be taken care of, so he takes care,they are silent, so he gets to think through things.

so aptly put it , yes they are silent not like kushi😳 he knows to take care of plants but kushi
he just does not know πŸ˜” he tried his usual method and yes failed terribly lets see what he will do now 😍

chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Anu what a great topic you've opened...! Even I was thinking the same thing when I was watching yesterday's episode...!!ASR's garden vs. KKG's jalebisπŸ˜† too funny...!! Both ASR & KKG have their own distinctive ways of getting rid of their anger.
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Great post !!😊

Agree to everything you said. At the beginning, it was surprising to see that a man like ASR does gardening. It seemed a lil unusual but after a while i felt that Arnav needs a living being with whom he can relax, even if they are plants. He meditates while working on them.

Hahaha so right !! It would be awesome to see ArHi making jalebis and gardening at the same time ! That would seriously be an eye-catcher. πŸ˜†