Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

ASR, how does your garden grow?

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Does anyone else find it totally ironic that hell raiser ASR has of all things - gardening - as a hobby?  He doesn't come home and shadow box (although I would sooo love to see ASR in that get up and sweaty) or go hunting (the go to past time of all hard hearted men in Hindi tele and filmdom) - these activities also involve no other human interaction.  But no - he gardens...like Benedictine monks.

This is what I think about this little hobby and Mr. Greenthumb.

Arnav has needs (no I am not talking about primal things here, I am talking emotional - we can all see that La is always ready to quench that need in ASR Dead).  He needs to take care of something, he wants to nuture something, he wants to turn his attention at the end of a hard day to something gentle and to something that will appreciate his care.  Because of whatever has happened in the past to harden him against people and their ulterior motives, he can not and has made it a point that he will not (yes, the man has trust issues) find a person to fill that role - so he turned to gardening.  His garden grows because he takes the time to nuture it and attend to its needs.  And this is also how his love will grow, when he finally allows that flower to bloom.

The other thing I thought of was that Khushi and Arnav process angst and tumult in their lives the same way.  They do not turn to their close ones and discuss - one turns to plants and the other to making jalebis.  It's during the pruning, watering, frying and pouring that they work out what's churning in their minds.  They really are just different sides of the same coin.  (Can you imagine after a couple's fight - Arnav with the tulips and Khushi in the kitchen with a mountain of jalebis...that deserves a split screen LOL).

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

Ranganayaki8snowwhitegirl6SamiyyaasmrithaCinderella100SweetSannyrachanarocktaheravkitty25marisol45SushaanManeetbhavika0611pollypollyhemvbniru273ktmssuperdil19FebruaryFlower-Anks-cherrypansyravenheartnoorie_smithasrkbholabearMillerrr88currentShiningStar18chammak_challoAnotherAdmirerstardust-5secsofsummer.Dr.BasketGuptatvshowfanPinkCinderella-AquaMermaiden-TheBlackJaguarHappyMelodysunaina02JennyPenny

noorie_ IF-Dazzler
noorie_
noorie_

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Well you are right. ASR has turned to gardening because after whatever has happened in his past, out of all the hobbies in the world, gardening is the only one that get get his mind out of things. It keeps him satisfied in a way and gets him thinking, As per yesterdays episode, he can also use gardening to vent his anger. 
And yes I can totally imagine the hilarious scene of khushi making a mountain of jalebis and arnav with his pots of flowers after they have a fight! ROFL They should definitely show that scene!LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Ranganayaki8snowwhitegirl6taheravpollypollyMillerrr885secsofsummer.momma1128JennyPenny

HappyMelody IF-Stunnerz
HappyMelody
HappyMelody

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
they release their anger by gardening & fryn jalebis...
shooo shweeet post anu Day Dreaming

dats da weirdest thing abt arnav & kushi apart from their guzza ROFL
they do have a lot in common don't they?!?! rab ne banade jodi!!

i can't wait to see da married arhi cz once they have a normal husband & wife fight, arnav will mingle with his plants and kushi will zoom into da kitchen fryn jalebis ROFL ROFL

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

snowwhitegirl6taheravasmi3893SushaanManeet-Anks-ShiningStar18chammak_challoMillerrr88momma1128

Samiyyaa Groupbie
Samiyyaa
Samiyyaa

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
*bless this post* it's just too cute not to be read again! I love your dissection of ASR & his plants. AK truly are "two sides of the same coin."

P.S I can totally imagine the scene you just described - Jalebi Bai ;) & Gardener. Hahaha

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SushaanManeetMillerrr88AnotherAdmirermomma1128

asmi3893 Senior Member
asmi3893
asmi3893

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

they release their anger by gardening & fryn jalebis...
shooo shweeet post anu Day Dreaming

dats da weirdest thing abt arnav & kushi apart from their guzza ROFL
they do have a lot in common don't they?!?! rab ne banade jodi!!

i can't wait to see da married arhi cz once they have a normal husband & wife fight, arnav will mingle with his plants and kushi will zoom into da kitchen fryn jalebis ROFL ROFL

That would be hilarious

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

momma1128

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
They have a lot in common.  I have always felt that Khushi is just like Arnav was at that younger age - but without the tragedy and the need to prove himself with money.  She is what he would have been and a reminder of who he was.

Post marriage - one is armed with clippers the other with a tongs - bring it!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SamiyyaaAnotherAdmirer

-AquaMermaiden- IF-Stunnerz
-AquaMermaiden-
-AquaMermaiden-

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Thats another thing common between Arnav and Khushi... that they both have their own ways of coping with stress... one longs for solitude,  after a grueling day at work...I luv this part of Arnav that he has that caring and nurturing side to him... when other guys spend time body building, or doing martial arts... this guys actually does what the REAL Arnav wants... 'nurture, and peace'... while Khushi hailing from a quiet, conservative, and oh so ordinary family chooses a 'karhai' with oodles of oil to drown her anger and sorrow!!... both definitely have their own unique ways of dealing with stress

Loved ur post Anu!!!... nicely put

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SushaanManeetcurrentAnotherAdmirermomma1128

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
OMGGG i was totally thinking the same thing last night... and made a
topic with tedha hai per mera hai title
do seeEmbarrassed 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saarikaasmrithamomma1128

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index