Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Family Ties: Ronit & Neelam Roy

Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:58pm | IP Logged

Got this from Yahoo:

As Mihir on the hugely successful soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Ronit Roy is Indian television's most wanted heartthrob. Having started his acting career in Bollywood with Jaan Tere Naam, Ronit tried his hand at a few films, before opting for other career options, including the launch of his own security company. It wasn't long, though, Balaji Telefilms chose him to play Rishabh Bajaj in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, a coup that he followed up by bagging the much-coveted role of Mihir in Kyunki... His career at an all time high, Ronit is now looking forward for his forthcoming serial: Sarkar. His wife Neelam, according to Ronit, dispelled all his fears and apprehensions about remarrying. Neelam who previously acted in such serials like Saans and Banegi Apni Baat gave up her acting career once she met Ronit and lived with him for a year before their wedding. Today, she single handedly takes care of Ronit's home and business, managing his dates, schedules, taxes and holidays, with lan.

RONIT ON NEELAM:

Ours is quite the regular love story, where boy meets girl and after a few years of dating, they get married. I met Neelam through a common friend at a party. Since she was into acting and modelling at that time, we had quite a few friends in common and would bump into each other often at different parties and shoots. I found her a very warm and loving person right from the beginning.

Slowly, we started interacting and staying in touch and after six months or so, we had our first date. Besides I had been married earlier, I'd also gone through another failed relationship, so when I met Neelam, I wasn't really ready to commit to marriage or anything serious. No matter how hard you try, a failed marriage does leave behind some amount of bitterness, so in that sense I was carrying around a lot of emotional baggage when I met Neelam.

Neelam however was very patient. Not once did she push me towards a decision and just let things take their own course. In fact, she was confident that things would work out fine and ultimately that's exactly what happened. I give her full credit for reaffirming my faith in marriage and commitment.   In Neelam, I found a well-rounded human being who is very much in touch with her roots. She is very focussed and dedicated and her love for me is all too obvious. Takes care of everything for me----my house, my mother, my clothes and even my Given my crazy schedule, she could easily complain about my work hours, but she never does, taking everything----the adulation and the responsibilities----in her stride. Infact I call her the CEO of my life. She takes care of everything for me----my house, my mother, my clothes and even my appointments. She is responsible for having changed my life so drastically and in such a positive way. 

NEELAM ON RONIT:

I took a liking to Ronit at our very first meeting, later we fell in love and ultimately married on Christmas day last year. Since Ronit and I lived in for a year, things are much simpler now. We really didn't had to go through the problems of adjusting, for all said and done, no matter how long you know someone, living together is a different ball game all together.

Of course, there were a lot of problems from our families. But Ronit and I had complete faith in each other and so we went ahead. I have immense faith in God and believe what is to happen will happen. I guess having a live-in relationship was my destiny and so it turned out that way. However, marriage hasn't necessarily changed anything, in the sense I came back to the same house. What changed, however, was people's perceptions and now I see my neighbours and acquaintances looking at us with more respect. In any case, I wasn't worried that things would go wrong, as I was confident about our relationship and Ronit.

As a person Ronit is very reserved. He is very caring and genuine guy. Unlike most others in this industry, even if he's done something wrong, he is totally open and forthcoming about it. People say popularity changes a person but that's not true for Ronit. He has always been the quiet, reserved kind, who needs to be nudged and brought out of the shell.

In our lives too, his popularity may have changes the quality of our lifestyle but not the way we live. He still loves home made food, spending time with family and parties at home. However, these days he stays very busy, which can rather get irksome but I try to spend as much time with him as possible. I usually take lunch from home for him and on Valentine's Day, we lit candles in the make up room and celebrated the occasion.

I stopped taking acting assignments soon after I met Ronit. He'd always made it clear that he didn't want his wife to work and personally, I wasn't too keen on it either. I am happy managing our home and family business, and in the latter, I end up doing most of the work, as Ronit can't dedicate much time to it. Ronit and I have a lot in common, but what stands out the most is our love for Goa. Whenever he can take a few days off, we fly down there. In Goa, Ronit undergoes a complete transformation. All of a sudden, he becomes this completely changed guy, who is chilled out, romantic and fun. May be that's because there aren't any pressures on him there but that's how I want him to be always.

Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Thanx 4 da article.
Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Thanks
Ronit IF-Dazzler
Ronit