Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Bhagonwali: a visual/auditory medium (update p. 9) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 15

simran_singh_24

Goldie

simran_singh_24

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by azuria

Well I could not stop myself from "Three"
 well we see the first storm when Guddu is at Madushala and Run jhu gets sad. He comes home and approches her and then Abi comes up and he fights burn clothes and leave.

Second time the storm comes Guddu has already left but comes back with the storm at Savtri Vratt and bring back Runjhun the other day the saree get stuck in the bedpost and Runjhun thinks he is holding it. He explains that he will not touch her without her permission.

Third time the storm comes it comes with rains  really havey rains. It could be that everything gets clean, or they be washed away in the flash flood. Or to blurr their vision.  Guddu approceh Runjhun ( I think blurred fits since his desire blurred his vision) She decline later a fight sort of but both get back inside their home.

This time the storm is much fierce then before and is going to affect them more then just winds did.

Az
Nice post on storms.Really liked your thoughts on the use of elements.
hey, what about the storm, when RJ waits for Guddu outside the bar & she faints? what do you make of that?
All these broken pieces of glass & bangles and the frequent power cuts are bit unsettling. They scream "trouble ahead" ya?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aginaya69azuriaJulie0001Infofan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bhagonwali: a visual/auditory medium (update p. 9) (Page 4)" in Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

azuria

Goldie

azuria

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simran_singh_24

Originally posted by azuria

Well I could not stop myself from "Three"
 well we see the first storm when Guddu is at Madushala and Run jhu gets sad. He comes home and approches her and then Abi comes up and he fights burn clothes and leave.

Second time the storm comes Guddu has already left but comes back with the storm at Savtri Vratt and bring back Runjhun the other day the saree get stuck in the bedpost and Runjhun thinks he is holding it. He explains that he will not touch her without her permission.

Third time the storm comes it comes with rains  really havey rains. It could be that everything gets clean, or they be washed away in the flash flood. Or to blurr their vision.  Guddu approceh Runjhun ( I think blurred fits since his desire blurred his vision) She decline later a fight sort of but both get back inside their home.

This time the storm is much fierce then before and is going to affect them more then just winds did.

Az
Nice post on storms.Really liked your thoughts on the use of elements.
hey, what about the storm, when RJ waits for Guddu outside the bar & she faints? what do you make of that?
All these broken pieces of glass & bangles and the frequent power cuts are bit unsettling. They scream "trouble ahead" ya?

Simran 
well you said it!! The rains when Runjhun was waiting for Guddu outside the bar. That was Runjhun following Guddu. The three times is Guddu. I have explained it in the Kundli thread. Hope you like it but if not do come with other suggestions.

Aginaya69Julie0001simran_singh_24Infofan

azuria

Goldie

azuria

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Since Simran brought the Bar and rain scene up I thought that I will try to put that one in context.

I put it in the context of Runjhun Serching or looking for Guddu.
She went to him after the police took Guddu to take back the police complaint. Guddu refused her help.

Second time She goes to take Guddu back from the Bar and waits out side. She gets wet in the rain and faints. Guddu who initially said that he will never come back to PN carries her home.

Third time Runjhun went looking for Guddu is after the first Bidaai. Guddu has already left so she did not found him.

Here we see that Runjhun did not succeed any of the three times its Guddu who decided to bring back her to PN. at one occaision. So Runjhun could not make him do what she wanted he decided to do it. With every time she threatens him with waiting for him he relents but thats his decision not hers.

Aginaya69simran_singh_24Julie0001Infofan

Julie0001

Goldie

Julie0001

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Yes lots of water imagery. I was discussing this with Agin today. Have to think about this but faucets, her head being dunked in water, the lake that held the kundali all seem important.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 26 July 2011 at 7:42pm

Aginaya69azuriasimran_singh_24Infofan

Aginaya69

Aginaya69

Posted: 27 July 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jpalagrawal

Yes lots of water imagery. I was discussing this with Agin today. Have to think about this but faucets, her head being dunked in water, the lake that held the kundali all seem important.

i'm posting links to two articles that might help.  they do not directly relate to the show, but they may provide insights that can be used to help understand the many fluid (and food) images in the show lately.  please note that this particular track of analysis is only one interpretation.  there may be others following a different track.

this is from the hindu perspective:
http://www.nepjol.info/index.php/DSAJ/article/viewFile/1360/1336
please pay very close attention to fig 1:  fluid attributions and metaphors

this is from the judeo-christian perspective:
http://philliphigley.com/2011/02/03/water-sex-and-the-folly-of-adultery-in-proverbs-515-18/

edited: 

additional links:
http://appweb.cortland.edu/ojs/index.php/Wagadu/article/viewFile/250/463

(this next week is a blog entry, but i think it's worth to look at the insights of the womb symbols)
http://guidoworld.com/blog/sexual-symbols-female/

Edited by Aginaya69 - 28 July 2011 at 2:54am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

simran_singh_24azuriaInfofan

azuria

Goldie

azuria

Posted: 28 July 2011 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
I was waiting that someone else would write about the door but no one did so I take it upon me.
I start When Guddu is cleaning his bike and washing it. Runjhun gaze at him throught the open door. Guddu is on the other side of the door. She admires him. He see her when he is at the threshold. He stops and then proceed. Runjhun goes in Guddu follows and close the door. The outer door is open and Leela chachi walks in.

Guddu takes Leela chachi on his bike and Runjhun closes the door.
Three times Guddu comes and knocks and Runjhun opens but he did not stay.
Fourth time after the knock it is Runjhuns mamis who are there.

When Guddu comes back its the fourth time that he comes in after he left with Leela Chachi and Runjhun has changed her mind and they fight.

Now to look at the events. It seems that Guddu will be abel to save Runjhun Three times but the fourth time the mama mamis will succeed. Runjhun will not belive him and they will part ways as Guddu slept on the porch.

any other interpretations.???

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

luvsagarJulie0001Infofan

azuria

Goldie

azuria

Posted: 28 July 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
The tap scene got stuck in my mind.

Guddu is bothered by the running water and try as he could to stop it running at the hose but is unabel to. Runjhun comes out and goes to the valve and shut it.

It can be interpretated in two ways . Water symbolising Guddus desire which he is having a hard time controlling and then Runjhun comes and put a seal on it.

The other is that the water is running symbolise a problem. Guddu is dealing with the problem where he sees it but Runjhun comes and deals with it from the source.
This actually gives hope. That Runjhun herself will deal with her mama mami in the future.

Aginaya69simran_singh_24luvsagarInfofan

Julie0001

Goldie

Julie0001

Posted: 29 July 2011 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Have loved the water imagery in this story

For Guddu we see from an early moment water as a place of contemplation. In fact Guddu's first episode he is by the water looking on as Jabbu comes to talk to him.  There are several scenes where Guddu sits by a lake and seems to ponder who he is and what to do. The element of water appears as a reflective mirror for Guddu's state of mind. He looks at the water as a way to gaze inside himself and understand his purpose.

Runjhun has had a more violent relationship with water. Who can forget the dunking of her head in water by her mammis?  A sickening scene of torture and the fear is in her eyes of having her head dunked under the water again as she is allowed to come up for air. Here water is violent...too much will kill you, suffocate you and obliterate your senses. That her very life and breath is at the will  and whim of her aunts is clear here.

Another violent scene is when Runjhun dumps a bucket of water on her head to wash away Guddu's touch. It is a heartbreaking scene. One can see again she wants to annihilate herself from the despair and the shame Guddu brought to her. I love this scene. She wants so much to wash way his touch, that she does not care if she washes away her very self.

Together water has signified several moments in their lives together. When Guddu is parched after trying to shoot her, he calls out in an unconscious state for water. Runjhun reluctantly pours some in his gulping mouth sating his thirst. She was the only one to hear his cry for water and out of a sense of humanity she helps him.

When she is eating the spicy food and her eyes are burning, Guddu is the one that offers her the water. They are there for each other in need. And again his basic humanity clicks in.

When Kalsanwali eats the spicy samosas and Runjhun offers her water, Guddu knocks it out of her hand. One could almost say that he subconsciously wants her attention for himself.

When he returns home drunk after the IM center fight, he orders her to pour his water for him. to humiliate her.

When Guddu is mad at her in PN; she offers him water and he says, "don't give it to me, I will not drink water from your hand."

In the new place, water appears again to signify the feelings and emotions that both are going through. Their very first day the pipe bursts. Water as an element is not in their control. 

The rain scene when they embrace with its deluge looked to me like drowning in the context of the blue black walls. Guddu was drowning in desire and Runjhun appears to feel like she is drowning under too much force or pressure.

Water in the tap needs to be regulated and controlled. Guddu wants to give in to the deluge and lose his senses; for Runjhun, losing her senses in water has been like a drowning or death. She is terrified of the lighting that comes with heavy rain. It is metaphoric for me that giving in, letting go in her case comes with it a harsh penalty.

Thanks Agin for the articles and AZ for reminding me of a few key scenes!

Edited by jpalagrawal - 29 July 2011 at 6:57pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Aginaya69azuriaedabellasimran_singh_24desisweetheart9Infofan

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.