Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer
Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

India-Forums

Bhagonwali: a visual/auditory medium (update p. 9) (Page 2)

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Beautiful thoughts everyone. One thing I see is that many scenes are filmed with a difference of height between the leads.

There are scenes in which Runjhun is above Guddu as the scene is shot. In those Guddu in the beginning shows a mix of burgeoning attraction and regard

Guddu is above Runjhun in the Scene

1. The scene in which Guddu calls her a "poor soul" is a beautiful scene as RJ is sitting in the rickshaw in all white. Guddu is sitting beneath her eye-level with friends on steps of Carom center and cannot take his eyes off of her.  Fantastic look of hate mixed with something else here in Guddu's eyes. She is making an impression in his consciousness as he looks up.

2. First day of marriage at breakfast time, Runjhun comes down the steps in an orange sari and sindoor. Guddu cannot again take his eyes off of her as she comes down the steps. Here again the height different demonstrates the power that she has on his psyche

3. When they walk up the temple steps to perform puja for his mother, he watches her go up the temple steps. Again he is following her lead and she is becoming more important in his life

4. When he decides to build the IM Center, he tells Kukkan and Jabbu and then looks up at the rooftop where he just had the conversation with RJ. Again, he will follow her vision for him

5. When Guddu washes his hands after Runjhun defends him in front of the suitor's family the first time, he is looking up at her and admiring her.

There are also scenes when Guddu is higher in position than RJ

1. Mehndi ritual for MD he watches from above to make sure that she is okay

2. When she spills the tea on MD's suitor's shoe, Guddu though angry is watching her and her interactions. While he does not protect her outright, he does indirectly through breaking the lamp

3. Even when he auctions her wedding clothes in the beginning of the show, he is looking down at her from the steps of the  Carom center. I noticed how he takes her veil and wears it as a scarf around his neck and looks down at her. The implied message is that they are bound for life and he will watch out for her.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 20 July 2011 at 3:01pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ljcruzEtna_DiaAginaya69jps01simran_singh_24nikki.171bhavni88Infofan

azuria Goldie
azuria
azuria

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
JP I just has to write it since like button dose not do justice.
Very well thought out scenarios and what good interpretations. Specially about the scarf around his neck at the auction and that he will watch out for her throughout the life. ClapClapClapClapClap
ClapClap

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaAginaya69jps01Julie0001simran_singh_24bhavni88Infofan

Infofan IF-Rockerz
Infofan
Infofan

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Wonderful thread, Agin and what observations by everyone.Clap

@ JP - the scarf around the neck just blew my mind. Star

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaAginaya69jps01simran_singh_24bhavni88

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Infofan

Wonderful thread, Agin and what observations by everyone.Clap

@ JP - the scarf around the neck just blew my mind. Star

Yeah remember that Infoan, it is like what Azuria says: Guddu always wanted to claim her from the beginning and remember how first he looks at her through the red material of the scarf? That moment hangs there for us visually.

It was almost like one would look at a bride through a veil. And then he wears it around his neck, claiming the scarf as his. He symbolically removes the veil and then takes responsibility for her. A gorgeous scene.  The blood red scarf is around his pulsing jugular vein; this foreshadows the future

Edited by jpalagrawal - 20 July 2011 at 4:03pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ljcruzEtna_DiaAginaya69azuriajps01simran_singh_24nikki.171bhavni88Infofan

Etna_Dia Senior Member
Etna_Dia
Etna_Dia

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
 Azuria and  Jpalagrawal, you wrote  two beautiful analysis!

@Azuria, the darkness from Guddu 's home was so deep that it made the scene hard to watch for me, but not because the actors were less visible, but for the color they choose, that blue nuance was giving me an uneasy feeling. Like you said, dark moments are coming into Runhjun and Guddu's way, but Kukan will be there to help them (he was the one who brought the lamp). And now that I'm thinking about, those two women who admired Guddu and Runhjun from outside can be there for for a reason too: the love from Guddu and Runhjun will be put on test and they will triumph and people will admire the strength of their relationship.

@Jpalagrawal, that is so true, Guddu and Runjhun keep switching the places: once Guddu is looking up to Runjhun and other times is Runhjun who is looking up to Guddu, because this is an equal relationship and they both complete each other and need protection and guidance from the other one.

Edited by etna - 20 July 2011 at 5:44pm

Aginaya69ljcruzsimran_singh_24azuriajps01Julie0001Infofan

bhavni88 IF-Dazzler
bhavni88
bhavni88

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
loved all your observations...the first episodes had so many 'forshadowing'..moments..

great work to all..Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaAginaya69jps01Julie0001

Aginaya69 Senior Member
Aginaya69
Aginaya69

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
very interesting observations from everyone.   it seems as if PN is full of symbolisms.  i don't think we've exhausted all possible analyses of that house. 

as for the blackout, this is very, very interesting.  i'm sure that they could have done the july 20 episode without the power outage.  the CV's probably thought of putting it in because so many power outages have been happening in india due to the storms.  however, it is a stroke of genius to put in the blackout to achieve a foreshadowing effect, leaving a foreboding feeling in the audience.

before i forget, bangles have always figured prominently in the show.  wafah discussed bangles in her thread entitled "Cuts and Bruises"

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1729021

finally, i've been looking at the montages with guddu and runjhun in it.  it is interesting to note that in the last four, before the new one, guddu was always behind runjhun.  guddu always seem to be looking at runjhun, while runjhun at times looks sideways at guddu, or looks to the front.  in our new montage, it is the first time that guddu and runjhun anre face to face. 

ljcruzEtna_Diaazuriajps01simran_singh_24Julie0001Infofan

azuria Goldie
azuria
azuria

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Any one view about rain and the scene in the rain? Any interpretations? About frying and jumping back? Picture not fitting? Sweets not turning out the way Guddu planned but fell to ground? An was soaking? He picked it up dried it and fry it again to make it edible?

First I just said the above things and then my brain cells said to notice certain things...

Guddus picture not fitting in the frame... What Runjhun thinks about Guddu is that frame but Guddu is much more than that and that defines by his picture. He is larger in heart and mind then Runjhun thinks.

In similar way I was thinking that Malpua is Run jhun. Halfcocked and has to be prepared. The ones he did with Kukkan fell to the ground... His desire is still ananswered.  Every thing went away got lost got dropped to ground. The ones that fell in water ... Run jhun being tarnished Guddu pick up dries and fry to be abel to eat it.

opinions?

Rain as a medium that makes things look unclear.

Just had to comment about the light coming back in their life when they both were holding Guddus pictureLOL It must have some deep meaningWink

Edited by azuria - 21 July 2011 at 1:04pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaAginaya69jps01simran_singh_24luvsagarJulie0001nikki.171Infofan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index