Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 7:45am | IP Logged

Stars and their unusual names

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet", said William Shakespeare. Some of our well known TV stars have innovative and unusual names. We find out more about their names from the actors themselves as they share interesting incidents related to their names.

Showing 1  of 6 images  Previous     Next

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rubina Dilaik
What is the meaning of your name?
To tell you honesty, even I don't know what my name means.

Who came up with this name?
My original name was Ruby but it was a nun in my school who named me Rubina.

Do you have a nickname?
Everyone calls me Ruby

Share some memorable incident related to your name?
As I told you my original name was Ruby because my Dadaji always dreamt of naming his granddaughter Ruby. At the age of three when I was giving my test in the school where I was seeking admission, I used to be shy and introverted. When the nun who was conducting my test asked me my name I just mumbled Ruby but she heard it as Rubina. It was only when my parents noticed my name written as Rubina in all my school documents did they realize the folly. By then it was too late to correct my name and the name Rubina stuck on.

Edited by Armu4eva - 18 July 2011 at 7:46am

The following 51 member(s) liked the above post:

prekhrajsharvari03dalenevkj123imissourivishala08LuvKyuMinsuktiradhameeraMaryamMary-Swetha-PutijaChalhovzam123radhika5radha_bilahariaugust123TazziAnsa786laxmislaxmi_avinafanv3gradev09avina_foreverIndiangirl09zorinatmmeghna2anusha34Daisy15viprakshiOLGNESsun_singhDevika...yajnaseni..chammak_challolavalinaAngie12-Shankar-sigridNiHa24chocolate_boyAlyaa_27shobrakapooor--Ekta--devina22anu17ashna26Neerjaanycsweetiemisti73goolabfatssrilankaRoshini1494

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stars and their unusual names -Rubina" in Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Neerjaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Neerjaa

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged
 Thank you Armu for the article..

anu17

IF-Sizzlerz

anu17

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Ruby or Rubina both cute...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

avina_forever

ashna26

IF-Sizzlerz

ashna26

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Winkdidn't know her real name is Ruby and Rubina is her nickname Smile 

suwin

IF-Dazzler

suwin

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing...both names are cute...

foreveralone1

Goldie

foreveralone1

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:11am | IP Logged
hmm interesting, i personally love the name Rubina, i even asked my parents if i could change my name to Rubina, but their not agreeing at the moment lolLOL

ashna26

ashna26

IF-Sizzlerz

ashna26

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Avina_fan1

hmm interesting, i personally love the name Rubina, i even asked my parents if i could change my name to Rubina, but their not agreeing at the moment lolLOL

That is cute Big smileLOL you can keep rubina as you other name!!

vkj123

foreveralone1

Goldie

foreveralone1

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashna26

Originally posted by Avina_fan1

That is cute Big smileLOL you can keep rubina as you other name!!

yep i should, as i dont have a middle name, my wee cousin has kept Rubina as my middle name lol, my best frnd calls me Rubina sumtimes, jst gotto beg ma parents to agree lolLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vikramkrishna.kashna26

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.