Book Talk

A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 21

cooldude10

IF-Sizzlerz

cooldude10

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged
^ Partly agree. For me, Coelho's stories aren't very interesting in the first place. And the prose... the way he writes.. sure, it makes me keep reading but i can't help but roll my eyes whenever he mentions something spiritual.

He's very repititive sometimes. I don't believe in omens and/or what he calls the 'language of the world/universe' which I think might be why i don't like his stories much.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Struggleratominis

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 6)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Strugglercooldude10atominis

Struggler

Groupbie

Struggler

Posted: 28 August 2011 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Hi guys,

This is my first post around. I have always been keen about writing on some book forum, I am still searching for my comfort zone, I guess we all just keep on searching.

Back to the point man, please pardon me for not staying on topic but  the problem I face is in the between phase i.e. where I am half way done this is when I start finding some books extremely tedious and find it such a task to continue reading them. This is when I feel I am letting my brain undergo torture but it turns out ahead that these books weren''t so bad.

On a side note, I am yet to answer the question :) Will think of something suitable and write back.

Edited by Struggler - 28 August 2011 at 7:05pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cooldude10

NerdBuster

Groupbie

NerdBuster

Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged
it has got to be all of coelho's books. no offense, the guy might be a genius, but i don't really identify with his thought process. most of the times the message is dragged to a point it gets really boring. Alchemist is the only book i finished reading and didn't like it.

next in line is the twilight series. i cannot believe i was a fan once. i loved the movie and decided to read the books. but to my shock and horror, the story went from kind-of-creepy to plain absurd. it had some really shocking and bordering on pedophilia type scenes. ugh i can't stop ranting about how incredibly distasteful it was.

oh and lord of the rings. what was that? i mean what was the author on about? i am sorry but i couldn't get myself to read the entire series.

no offense to anyone. these are just my opinions :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

silver.iTangled_25

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 31 August 2011 at 3:41am | IP Logged
haha, nice title! :P

nothing gave me brain damage, i mean i would'nt pick up a book if it did'nt look interesting. but there was this one book that i read,and i was waiting for it to end! i dont remember the name or the author, because well it was THAT bad. the author is quite famous, i think :/ he's written quite a lot of books!

and twilight? well i liked it, but did'nt LOVE it. it was too hyped, i think.

and i like TVD :) except for the way the end is being handled, or whatever.

iTangled_25

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
To an extent I'll agree with you! Though I absolutely didn't mind reading it the first time, I did feel like slamming breaking dawn! That book was dragged so unnecessarily! Especially all those scenes of Jacob(oh I adore Jacob) but there were unwanted bits of him in BD!

It's not the kind of book you want to read again, Ermm

Twilight Saga was one saga I felt would be better if you just watch the movies and finish with it, the movies dont have so much of the drag as the books! The movies are nice, though it would have been nicer if you could understand the movie without reading the books! The movies are not easy to decipher for somebody who just does not like reading but curiously wants to watch Twilight!

But the characters played by Taylor Launter and Robert Pattinson are perfect for the role! Kristen is perfect for Bella too, she's always moaning mopping around and no one apart from her could play it better!

I'm eagerly waiting for breaking dawn release(movie) looks good! hope it does not let the viewers down!
The other book that seriously had super duper damage on my mind was Shobaa De! She's horrible, I liked only Strange obsession! he other books are just a waste of time! Stinking vulgarity! Thumbs Down

(This is perfectly my opinion, which I'm entitled too)! peace!! (how necessary this has become around the forum, without statutory warning, no one respects anothers opinion!) Uff!

Edited by Waterbearer - 09 September 2011 at 2:07am

silver.

silver.

silver.

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NerdBuster

it has got to be all of coelho's books. no offense, the guy might be a genius, but i don't really identify with his thought process. most of the times the message is dragged to a point it gets really boring. Alchemist is the only book i finished reading and didn't like it.

Agreed. I haven't finished the alchemist... yet. ROFL I dropped it on the point where the boy fell in love with some girl named Fatima. I couldn't handle it anymore. LOL I've read Brida and The Zahir for school paper. That's about it. And I don't particularly liked them.

next in line is the twilight series. i cannot believe i was a fan once. i loved the movie and decided to read the books. but to my shock and horror, the story went from kind-of-creepy to plain absurd. it had some really shocking and bordering on pedophilia type scenes. ugh i can't stop ranting about how incredibly distasteful it was.

Don't worry, neither can I.

oh and lord of the rings. what was that? i mean what was the author on about? i am sorry but i couldn't get myself to read the entire series.

ahahaha, no worries. The story dragged on for like.. ever. But I like it.. for some reason. (:

no offense to anyone. these are just my opinions :)

silver.

silver.

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Waterbearer

To an extent I'll agree with you! Though I absolutely didn't mind reading it the first time, I did feel like slamming breaking dawn! That book was dragged so unnecessarily! Especially all those scenes of Jacob(oh I adore Jacob) but there were unwanted bits of him in BD!

It's not the kind of book you want to read again, Ermm

Twilight Saga was one saga I felt would be better if you just watch the movies and finish with it, the movies dont have so much of the drag as the books! The movies are nice, though it would have been nicer if you could understand the movie without reading the books! The movies are not easy to decipher for somebody who just does not like reading but curiously wants to watch Twilight!

But the characters played by Taylor Launter and Robert Pattinson are perfect for the role! Kristen is perfect for Bella too, she's always moaning mopping around and no one apart from her could play it better!

I'm eagerly waiting for breaking dawn release(movie) looks good! hope it does not let the viewers down!

(This is perfectly my opinion, which I'm entitled too)! peace!! (how necessary this has become around the forum, without statutory warning, no one respects anothers opinion! Uff!

The other book that seriously had super duper damage on my mind was Shobaa De! She's horrible, I liked only Strange obsession! he other books are just a waste of time! Stinking vulgarity!
Thumbs Down

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinions. Big smile I don't want to sound like a hater (although i can be ... sometimes)  LOL

iTangled_25

Post Reply New Post

Go to top