Book Talk

A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 20)

Post Reply New Post

Page 20 of 21

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
I just hated Jane Eyre! Dead I could not finish it as much as I tried to. It's a dull, tedious story which in my opinion does not even move forward at a proper pace. Sleepy

I love reading and have always tried to finish every book I read (even if I did not like it) but Jane Eyre puts me off.

I used to be a huge fan of Little Women by LM Alcott. And out of curiosity and sheer attachment to its characters I bought other books in the series - Good Wives, Little Men and Jo's Boys were also kind of a let down for me. I did finish those books but they put me off so much that for a long time I did not even go back to remembering or re-reading Little Women.

Twilight sucks. I am sorry to offend its fans but I've never taken to the book or the movies.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VasusenaRadheya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 20)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aquilia_Aditi

Harry Porter Series is one which I cannot tolerate. No specific reasons. Its just that I hate it to the core. Urgh, I hate just the mention of it. :\

I kind of agree on HP series. I do not hate them but I do not find them great either. Not as great as the hype around them. Particularly the later books in the series seemed like a let down.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VasusenaRadheya

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged
cant finish anita blakes vampire hunter series.. after one or two .. i hardly read few lines .. it was dragging 

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:11am | IP Logged
The Fifty Shades series !
My God, where is the story?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charmingkillerVasusenaRadheya

rahmona_pakswe

IF-Sizzlerz

rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 23 May 2013 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Windmills of the Gods by Sidney Sheldon.
Read it about 20 years ago (in Swedish) and I have refused to read any more books by him.

My father had recieved the book as a prize, winning a small competion at his work. He did not have any interest in reading the book and gave it to me as I was and still am a book worm. I read the book being around 12-13 year old and it left permanent damage on my brain as their were few particular scenes of sexual nature which I hadn't expected. I was damn innocent at that age. I don't mind those scenes anymore but it was too much for my younger self. Hence never touched another book by Sidney Sheldon.

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

Most of the stuff by Mills & Boon, Danielle Steele and Sidney Sheldon. There was a lot of hype surrounding his books when I was in school so I read a few and was not impressed at all. The only one I liked was Tell Me Your Dreams. Similarly Charles Dickens is another author I avoid. The misery seems to be never-ending in his books. And although I love historical romance I cannot stand Stephanie Laurens. Every single book of hers follows the same pattern: Chauvinistic Alpha-males & Egoistic stubborn beauties, seduction games, unwillingness to get married, danger, then finally happily ever after! Don't care much about Harry Potter & Twilight either.  

Mohit_monaya

IF-Rockerz

Mohit_monaya

Posted: 03 June 2013 at 4:49am | IP Logged
for me it will be Equus...
the worst book i have read in my life...
and thanks to my great school, had to read it...and it was nothing but a pure torture...ughh! =/

Jamino

Jamino

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Haruki Marukami book don't remember name. When end read it one feeling was to trought it away. 
Haruki has genius writing style, but his storyline is too maniac for my brain..Stern Smile 

NEVER  will read his books!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top