Book Talk

A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 16)

Post Reply New Post

Page 16 of 21

pearl_warrior

Goldie

pearl_warrior

Posted: 11 September 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Yeah..I agree with you.I did try to read twilight but couldn't go beyond 10 pages. I somehow managed to read only one book of the series and that was breaking dawn. Whether it was due to the movie hype, I don't know.But, somehow I finished it.

Recently, I read the Trylle trilogy..The first book "Switched" is amazing, captivating the interest of its readers.  But, the last book "Ascend" disappointed me alot. The characters that were thoroughly built up in the first two books rarely appeared on the 3rd book. The romantic part also was horrible. New characters just plunged into the 3rd book from nowhere. Don't let the first book fool  you.

So, I decided that I shall never read Amanda Hocking's books again..

Edited by pearl_warrior - 13 September 2012 at 12:11am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 16)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Gianna.

.Gianna.

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
For me it was 50 Shades of Grey... dear God... I could barely get through the first book. Didn't even bother with the other two. That was the most badly written book I've ever read. I know the author was trying to write erotica but that was just... rubbish! Pinch Sleepy no offence to anyone who loved the book though!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cimbaAanya.Lhethal.Me

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 29 September 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
My all time most hated book will be twilight! that is the first book that i left halfway! 
i recently read Ps i love u which was recommended by many to me but sadly i was dissappointed! the beginning was fine but then it started getting boring! 
nicholas sparks - a message in a bottle touched me more ! where the protagonist writes letters to his wife who died! the letters were Long and toucching whereas in PS I Love U the letter were short and so not interesting!
then anopther one i recently read is Carrie by stephen king and again was diappointed coz in no way did i find him a horror/thriller writer!((but maybe as it is his first bk  i shouldn't be judging him?)
cant remember more atm!
ps-i might have commented b4 but i dont remember. just wanted to comment...:P
pps- yup i commented twice already !LOL

Edited by -GredForge- - 29 September 2012 at 6:07am

Pious_KaSh

IF-Sizzlerz

Pious_KaSh

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:54am | IP Logged
for me it was thank you for the memories….I have cried so much while reading it 

BrashCandy

IF-Stunnerz

BrashCandy

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:08am | IP Logged
I agree with you TM, I specially bought the Twilight books to read suggested by a friend, when i started i felt bored but i thought lets give it a try it would get better but no change came and unfortunately i put them away Sleepy

Waste of money!

InvisibleSmile

IF-Rockerz

InvisibleSmile

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
The Devil Wears Prada, very boring! The boss is mean, the boss is mean and the boss is mean. Yeah, i get it. I actually skipped to the end. And Twilight - Oh, how i regret wasting my time on that book.

Edited by InvisibleSmile - 19 November 2012 at 9:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cimba

AwesomeSauce.

IF-Sizzlerz

AwesomeSauce.

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Harry Porter Series is one which I cannot tolerate. No specific reasons. Its just that I hate it to the core. Urgh, I hate just the mention of it. :\

Other than that, I hate the TVD Series cause I love the show more. And the novel shows something totally different. And hence the hatred. :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cimbailuvOriginals

TheDreamCatcher

IF-Rockerz

TheDreamCatcher

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
the vampire diaries.. first three books are good and then,,, disaster!

and then there is 50 shaded of grey.
i felt like hitting myself with a slipper for attempting to read it. It tested my patience and gave me migraines.

Edited by AquaNymph - 28 December 2012 at 6:39am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top