Book Talk

A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 14)

Post Reply New Post

Page 14 of 21

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lhethal.Me

Originally posted by spiritcrimson

Don't mind me butting in, but I know a book which explores a woman's inner goddess or whatever it is through sex, and that is Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. Now that is some aesthetic writing, and the sex doesn't make me cringe. He phrases his sentences correctly, and he's a fantastic author. And he doesn't once go against feminism. You should give that book a try.

As for fifty shades of grey, looks like Twilight just got competition for the 'Worst series' ever title.

Coelho is a decent writer. Alchemist still remains one of my favorites (And I chose to forget that "By the river Piedra... blah blah blah" was by the same author)
Have u read Aleph??? Heard it ain't got the Coelho flow and subtlety.

I haven't read Eleven Minutes but I can cross my Damon Salvatore and hope to die if I'd ever find even a teenie-weenie paragraph in any of his novels sporting anti-feminism. LOL He understands and respects women. Sidney Sheldon always portrayed women as smart, cunning, devious and I didn't mind that either. Wink

But 50 SOG!!! *Barf* The lead female suffers from Doormat-syndrome! She got not spine, no real self-preservation. There are places in the book they want to make her look at STRONG and BLAH. But it comes to just that- BLAH!

PS- Will try to read Eleven Minutes someday. LOL
I haven;t read much of Coelho. I just happened to come by Eleven Minutes, and the plotline seemed interesting. And there are so many beautiful lines that can be quoted from it. Actually, that whole book can be quoted. It really explores the woman's innermost desires, her journey of finding herself, finding love, amidst sex and lust. It is the journey of a Prostitute, why she became a Prostitute (She made that decision for herself. She was never forced into it.) It's actually a beautiful book. 

God I read excerpts of 50 shades of Grey, and man I cannot believe that actually got published! And the words this author has used. Clearly, she knows nothing about sex LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 14)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cooldude10

IF-Sizzlerz

cooldude10

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 6:11am | IP Logged
I do not like Paulo Coelho. ROFL I don't know why, I can't read his books but I guess I'll try Eleven Minutes. Hmm.. 

@Spiritcrimson; that Jon x Arya gif in your dabba just breaks my heart. Broken Heart

Edited by cooldude10 - 12 June 2012 at 6:14am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cimbaLhethal.Me

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cooldude10

I do not like Paulo Coelho. ROFL I don't know why, I can't read his books but I guess I'll try Eleven Minutes. Hmm.. 

@Spiritcrimson; that Jon x Arya gif in your dabba just breaks my heart. Broken Heart

I didn't like him either. Maybe this book might change your opinion like it did for me? LOL

@Red- I Knoowww! These two share such an amazing bond in the books, and in the movies, and I just can't help but think WHEN these two will meet again. This scene, my heart was breaking even while making the gif.

P.S YOUR BEN BARNES GIF! OMFG that is THE HOTTEST photoshoot of his EVER.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cooldude10

cooldude10

IF-Sizzlerz

cooldude10

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 6:34am | IP Logged

I didn't like him either. Maybe this book might change your opinion like it did for me? LOL

@Red- I Knoowww! These two share such an amazing bond in the books, and in the movies, and I just can't help but think WHEN these two will meet again. This scene, my heart was breaking even while making the gif.

My opinions don't really change but let's seee LOL 

Oh God, Jon and Arya are like one of the most heart-breaking elements of the entire series. I hope they reunite again because they need to Ouch But knowing George R. R. Martin, I don't think that's ever gonna happen. In fact, I don't think anything good is ever gonna happen in these books ROFL We can still hope though. LOL

@Ben; i'm unhealthily obsessed with him. ROFL But he's so attractive and british, who wouldn't be. LOL

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 6:42am | IP Logged

My opinions don't really change but let's seee LOL 

Oh God, Jon and Arya are like one of the most heart-breaking elements of the entire series. I hope they reunite again because they need to Ouch But knowing George R. R. Martin, I don't think that's ever gonna happen. In fact, I don't think anything good is ever gonna happen in these books ROFL We can still hope though. LOL

@Ben; i'm unhealthily obsessed with him. ROFL But he's so attractive and british, who wouldn't be. LOL

Omg I finally find someone who loves these two as much as I do! I love them both individually too.
I think we should discuss Game of Thrones somewhere else,considering this thread was meant for something else LOL

And YES! I am unhealthily obsessed with him too. It's like, I'm so hopelessly in love with him, it's not normal. ROFL

cooldude10

IF-Sizzlerz

cooldude10

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 7:05am | IP Logged

Omg I finally find someone who loves these two as much as I do! I love them both individually too.
I think we should discuss Game of Thrones somewhere else,considering this thread was meant for something else LOL

And YES! I am unhealthily obsessed with him too. It's like, I'm so hopelessly in love with him, it's not normal. ROFL
@Underlined; I kind of wish we had a Game of thrones forum somewhere around here LOL 

Nothing is normal about me either. LOL But that's Okay. I think. LOL

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 8:11am | IP Logged

@Underlined; I kind of wish we had a Game of thrones forum somewhere around here LOL 

@Italics- I actually wish the same. But I doubt there's too many people that watch/read it on IF. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cooldude10

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged

@Italics- I actually wish the same. But I doubt there's too many people that watch/read it on IF. LOL

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2043016
you can discuss ASOIAF here.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top