Book Talk

A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 21

Heart

Heart

Posted: 06 June 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
The Choice by Nicholas Spark Wacko 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 13)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hopehot

IF-Sizzlerz

hopehot

Posted: 06 June 2012 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
any thing by Stephen King,
and the twilight saga...Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cimba

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluerose1889

I can't believe that a twilight fan-fic got so popular that it got published as an actual book. I could barely stand the original and I'm going to stay far away from this one.

I love Draco - Hermione too. Thanks for the link. I was looking for something good to read.

@Bold- Cassandra Clare went from a normal HP fanfiction writer to a best-selling author. So yeah, it is quite possible. But the thing is, very few Fanfiction writers are actually that talented and capable of writing something splendid and original.

There's only one fanfiction I absolutely worship, and I pray she goes professional.

The Life and Times by Jewels5. A Marauders Era fanfic. That fanfic is sheer brilliance. Day DreamingDay Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bluerose1889epiphany.

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cooldude10

Originally posted by livelygal

I feel like another species now. I finished LOTR in two days LOLLOLLOL

And since this topic is revived I'll go ahead add my LATEST "INJURIOUS" book- 50 shades of Grey (n its shizz-filled sequels)
I wouldn't pray that book to my enemy *shudders*
It wasn't the content of the book that had me feeling frigid for days...It was the uber-pathetic writing! And Anastasia is just the kind of woman who'd get me stitching badges of feminism to my clothes! [Note:Her inner goddess got quite irritating after sometime with all that LOTUS-positioning and cart-wheeling.]

I couldn't complete the book beyond page 153. It gave me the worst form of a headache possible.

~Edited~

Oh! Boy. It just struck me now. Wasn't this a supposed Twilight FF??? Aah...Little wonder. 

OMFG ROFLROFLROFL 50 shades of grey is horrible and what's worse is that things like that get published when there are more deserving people out there with much better work! 

That book was like p*rn on paper ROFLROFL it didn't even have a proper story AND the writing is horrible too. 

Don't mind me butting in, but I know a book which explores a woman's inner goddess or whatever it is through sex, and that is Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. Now that is some aesthetic writing, and the sex doesn't make me cringe. He phrases his sentences correctly, and he's a fantastic author. And he doesn't once go against feminism. You should give that book a try.

As for fifty shades of grey, looks like Twilight just got competition for the 'Worst series' ever title.

cooldude10

Lhethal.Me

IF-Sizzlerz

Lhethal.Me

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spiritcrimson

Don't mind me butting in, but I know a book which explores a woman's inner goddess or whatever it is through sex, and that is Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. Now that is some aesthetic writing, and the sex doesn't make me cringe. He phrases his sentences correctly, and he's a fantastic author. And he doesn't once go against feminism. You should give that book a try.

As for fifty shades of grey, looks like Twilight just got competition for the 'Worst series' ever title.

Coelho is a decent writer. Alchemist still remains one of my favorites (And I chose to forget that "By the river Piedra... blah blah blah" was by the same author)
Have u read Aleph??? Heard it ain't got the Coelho flow and subtlety.

I haven't read Eleven Minutes but I can cross my Damon Salvatore and hope to die if I'd ever find even a teenie-weenie paragraph in any of his novels sporting anti-feminism. LOL He understands and respects women. Sidney Sheldon always portrayed women as smart, cunning, devious and I didn't mind that either. Wink

But 50 SOG!!! *Barf* The lead female suffers from Doormat-syndrome! She got not spine, no real self-preservation. There are places in the book they want to make her look at STRONG and BLAH. But it comes to just that- BLAH!

PS- Will try to read Eleven Minutes someday. LOL

cs-07

bluerose1889

Goldie

bluerose1889

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 9:07pm | IP Logged

@Bold- Cassandra Clare went from a normal HP fanfiction writer to a best-selling author. So yeah, it is quite possible. But the thing is, very few Fanfiction writers are actually that talented and capable of writing something splendid and original.

There's only one fanfiction I absolutely worship, and I pray she goes professional.

The Life and Times by Jewels5. A Marauders Era fanfic. That fanfic is sheer brilliance. Day DreamingDay Dreaming

Can you give me the link for that? I've gone thru so many bad FFs that I stopped reading them. There are so many HP FFs out there and it's difficult to find a good one from all the bad ones.

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 2:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluerose1889

Can you give me the link for that? I've gone thru so many bad FFs that I stopped reading them. There are so many HP FFs out there and it's difficult to find a good one from all the bad ones.

Sure. If you love Marauders Era, you're going to love this. And best part is it follows canon. Nothing AU. Whatever JKR mentioned about the Marauders has been interwoven and it basically feels like the Prequel.

Here goes.

.Kryptonite.

.Kryptonite.

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Revolution 2020!  I felt it had borrowed the theme slightly from White Tiger by Aravind Adiga!
There was no curiosity left, and i just read for the heck of it! 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top