Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P (Page 10)

ammygurl IF-Dazzler
ammygurl
ammygurl

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by silver.

Originally posted by ammygurl

It has the to be the twilight series. I used to like them till a few pages and then I realized well, the premise is flawed. I left it and now thinking of someone to gift my WHOLE series to. Anyone interested ? 
I would give them for free. 
It wasn't really just the premise. Stephenie meyer does not know how to write. My little brother could write better than her and i'm certainly not joking. Really though, after reading breaking dawn (which i was forced to read - dont' ask. haha) I think I'm like permanantly scarred. Gosh, i could write pages and pages of critisicm against it and not feel content.  LOLLOLLOL

Well then, I suggest a Twilight Hate Club to be opened jointly by us and condemn Edward Cullen to our heart's content. Shall we? Even if no one joins, We can rant all we want :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

silver.

Angel-likeDevil IF-Sizzlerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged
LORD OF THE RINGS... it's ..I dont even wanna think about it Stern Smile ..

And, I've tried reading Twilight, my friend gave it to me.. GAH, boring! I'm not much of a fan of "romance" ..it was annoying to me, and I had to stop reading it half way through..

A book that has given me a permanent damage in a good way is "If Tomorrow Comes" by Sidney Sheldon. What a novel ! Teaches you about life ..not to trust anyone and be self-reliant as possible. Also taught me how a common man's life is nothing in a world dominated by politicians :/ This novel scared me so much that I become more serious about working hard for my career LOL

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 05 May 2012 at 1:46am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

silver.bluerose1889cs-07atominis

Aanya. IF-Rockerz
Aanya.
Aanya.

Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Great topic! I agree about the Twilight Saga. I read the whole thing and I liked it for a year...in my defense, I was 13 Stern Smile But then one morning I open that book and I fail to comprehend why on earth had I bought ALL four of the monstrosities :P Needless to say, I donated them to a library.

Another book I didn't like was Falling by Sharon Dogar. I didn't even finish it and that's saying something because I always finish a book 'cause I can't stay without knowing the whole story :P

And then there is The Lord of the Rings. Holy mother of God that book takes tedious to a whole other level! I started reading it six-ish months ago and I can't bring myself to read further than Page 100. Seriously. I mean, I know its a classic and stuff, but its supposed to be a book not a friggin' encyclopedia.

xoxo

silver.

spiritcrimson IF-Sizzlerz
spiritcrimson
spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Okay, no offence to anyone who is a fan of the series, but without a doubt, the twilight saga.

okay, initially, I got so curious, i just had to read the books and see why this series was such a hit amongst teens. I read the first one. It was alright. Usually the first books in a series aren't that captivating. Maybe they just get better. And so I read the other three. But I was thoroughly disappointed and frustrated.

Reason? 
Absolutely no plot. The protagonist is the weakest character I've ever come across. And add to that, the most annoying. Edward Cullen? Is that a vampire for real? The book disgraced the species of vampires through ages, seriously. And these books have no good relationship build ups, and it just sends out the wrong messages. 
And nothing actually happens in the duration of the four books, and it's ridiculously boring, with no excitement at all. So yeah, sorry if I offended anyone, but these are my reasons for absolutely hating the Twilight Saga.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

silver.bluerose1889Aanya.

bluerose1889 Goldie
bluerose1889
bluerose1889

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
I loved "If Tomorrow Comes". It is one of my favorite Sidney Sheldon books.

And, I fail to understand why twilight is such a big deal. I read the first book and i thought it was ok. I read the 1st chapter of 2nd book and i couldn't get myself to continue after i read the summary.

Lord of the rings is another book i couldn't complete. It took me about an hour to finish the first chapter and that is not like me because i'm really a fast reader. It just dragged on and on. I left it after that.
Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged
I feel like another species now. I finished LOTR in two days LOLLOLLOL

And since this topic is revived I'll go ahead add my LATEST "INJURIOUS" book- 50 shades of Grey (n its shizz-filled sequels)
I wouldn't pray that book to my enemy *shudders*
It wasn't the content of the book that had me feeling frigid for days...It was the uber-pathetic writing! And Anastasia is just the kind of woman who'd get me stitching badges of feminism to my clothes! [Note:Her inner goddess got quite irritating after sometime with all that LOTUS-positioning and cart-wheeling.]

I couldn't complete the book beyond page 153. It gave me the worst form of a headache possible.

~Edited~

Oh! Boy. It just struck me now. Wasn't this a supposed Twilight FF??? Aah...Little wonder. 

Edited by livelygal - 05 June 2012 at 12:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Kryptonite.cooldude10

cooldude10 IF-Sizzlerz
cooldude10
cooldude10

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by livelygal

I feel like another species now. I finished LOTR in two days LOLLOLLOL

And since this topic is revived I'll go ahead add my LATEST "INJURIOUS" book- 50 shades of Grey (n its shizz-filled sequels)
I wouldn't pray that book to my enemy *shudders*
It wasn't the content of the book that had me feeling frigid for days...It was the uber-pathetic writing! And Anastasia is just the kind of woman who'd get me stitching badges of feminism to my clothes! [Note:Her inner goddess got quite irritating after sometime with all that LOTUS-positioning and cart-wheeling.]

I couldn't complete the book beyond page 153. It gave me the worst form of a headache possible.

~Edited~

Oh! Boy. It just struck me now. Wasn't this a supposed Twilight FF??? Aah...Little wonder. 

OMFG ROFLROFLROFL 50 shades of grey is horrible and what's worse is that things like that get published when there are more deserving people out there with much better work! 

That book was like p*rn on paper ROFLROFL it didn't even have a proper story AND the writing is horrible too. 

Lhethal.Me

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cooldude10

OMFG ROFLROFLROFL 50 shades of grey is horrible and what's worse is that things like that get published when there are more deserving people out there with much better work! 

That book was like p*rn on paper ROFLROFL it didn't even have a proper story AND the writing is horrible too. 

And you soulie what hurt more...GRAY happens to be my favorite color! Angry Damn them to hell and further hell for ruining the color with this tainted stuff.

Who writes a contract between the subservient and the master for 5-7 frikkin' pages??? I wanted to CRY!

cooldude10

Go to top