Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 21

Page 1
Page   of 21
Page 2 Page 21

silver.

silver.

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
So, there are these books that we adore. We cannot basically fathom our lives without them ( I think everyone has that one book) and then, there's a book that we cannot simply even get ourselves to finish. I can never ever leave a book unread. And sadly, this is the reason half my brain cells are dead ATM.

For me, I have only once despised a series to the point where i felt like actually punching the author.
This series is known as the twilight saga.

Before any of you start to give me dirty looks because i just said that a global "phenomenon" gave me a brain damage, I have perfectly valid reasons to state so. I'm only hoping that I'm not alone in this ... well ... hate. LOL.

The reason why i absolutely despise this series is because it has far too many flaws. I was halfway through the book when i slammed it onto my desk and thought deeply for a while the reason why it got published.

The point is... what's your least favourite book and why?

the idea just popped into my head out of nowhere. I think what people will post here might prevent me from getting further brain damaged.Embarrassed

No offense to the twilight fanatics. But i had to say it. LOL

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel.ARlover-ambika-hkl75GalwayGirlcutemugtvbuff74jemiiturnonthelights-Devanshi-khusiarnavdeereyedgal504Damyanthibluerose1889-sia--victoRiya-pearl_warriorLavenderCrystal-Dee--sanika-Sawyer_Tomangelirebelli-Candy-..Labyrinth..Redrose07FlawlessAshvikTohruAngel-luvs-stheloupgarouxInvisibleSmileiHeartMoinsapobewakoofLadki18shabboBigbang_GDAngel-likeDevilapplesauce.epiphany.cooldude10shockalotilovepyaaraish_punkCup-Of-ChaiasmaanixxOnlyHopeiTangled_25Isee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A book that gave you a permanant brain damage. :P" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 12:59am | IP Logged
huh m a twilight fanatic btw hahahah everyone doesnt have same choices ... and nothing is perfectt

i hated the last release of the vampire diaries series i mean lj smith had a class and by giving it to a ghost writer i thnk the whole series got ruined for me anywayy ...

then there is bodice ripper books i just cant tolerate a woman getting raped by the hero and then after an hour she is singing love about him .. i feel sick ... so stormfire and all are in my hate listt

then there is alexandre duman the count of monte cristo i love the first 1000 pages of tht book i mean i read the real one but after those 1000 pages it was on and on and on and my bheja got fried

and i even didnt liked so much hyped about chetan bhagats five point someone ...

but there are few books which many ppl dont like but i dooo

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

silver.Chand_Nishockalot

silver.

silver.

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
^ oh hello. Sorry if i offended you in any way, LOL, but I've never got around to reading much about vampires. It's either Stephen King, Anne rice or dan simmons. I can;t get myself to read vampire novels from other authors. Stephen King is a legend. And so is Anne rice. If you read anything written by them, you;d understand why i absolutely despise smeyer.
And for LJ smith, i'm just watching the show. I've heard that the books are quite graphic. Well ... i'm definitely not reading those :P

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aishwaryagayen

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 10:23am | IP Logged
anne rice my fav too bt i cant go for stephen king there is more thn needed bloodshed anywayyy

and the TVD novels are nt at all graphic the series is so much bolder go for the books and u l experience something different the first 6 books gave me eternal pleasure

silver.

silver.

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Stephen King, in my opinion, is definitely the king of horror and tragedy. I think what I like most about him is that he's a storyteller of a genius and always manages to leave me on the edge.

And another book that i don;t like is P.S I LOVE YOU. I find the begining interesting. But as the story proceeds, I start to find it boring. :/ maybe i'm alone in this, lol.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Memyself09-sanika-aishwaryagayen

bluerose1889

Goldie

bluerose1889

Posted: 27 July 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Well, I've to agree with you about twilight. I never left any book midway once I start, which is the only reason I finished the first book in the series. I couldn't get myself to read through the others.
I've no clue about L.J Smith. But I love the show Vampire Diaries.

P.S I Love you is loved by a lot of people but I couldn't get beyond the first few chapters. I thought it dragged a lot after that. I liked Rosie Dunne aka Where Rainbows End by the same author more.

I got to add those mindless romance novels too. I like love stories and Romance genre. But the books which have spineless heroines who fall for the heroes for no apparent reason & Heros who are MCPs are beyond my understanding.

Edited by bluerose1889 - 27 July 2011 at 10:38pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

silver.jemiiDamyanthiFlawlessAshvikshivani00318shabboshockalotaish_punkisomers

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 July 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

myanu10DamyanthiLavenderCrystal-Devanshi-416905-sanika-cs-07iHeartMoiAngel-likeDevil

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 31 July 2011 at 10:15am | IP Logged
It has the to be the twilight series. I used to like them till a few pages and then I realized well, the premise is flawed. I left it and now thinking of someone to gift my WHOLE series to. Anyone interested ? 
I would give them for free. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aishwaryagayen

Post Reply New Post

Go to top