Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

My role is a blessing: Priya Bathija

Tanya Datta, TNN | Jul 18, 2011, 12.00am IST

For someone who is just four shows old in the industry, opting to play a mythological character may not sound a very good option. But for Priya Bathija, who debuted with Khwaish, is brimming with optimism. 

She feels playing Rukmini in Dwarkad-heesh onImagine TV is the opportunity of a lifetime. The actress says, "A lot of people do not know about Lord Krishna's life after marriage. Everyone just goes talking about the love life of Radha and Krishna. In fact, his wife Rukmani, the character that I play in the serial, is an avatar of Goddess Laxmi. I feel blessed to play such a character since I was chosen amongst so many girls." 

So did she undergo some sort of preparation? "No. We incorporate a lot of Sanskrit words in our dialogues and we hardly know their meanings. I haven't really taken any diction classes for this serial even though the Hindi used is chaste. But the creative team has been a blessing. The entire unit and crew are very helpful and we have managed to deliver our lines with perfection," she adds. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rockslakshmi42Roark.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: My role is a blessing <3" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much for posting. She is sounding so nice and positive.  I am always thinking how lovely is the suddh hindi used in the mythos so i am glad she has mentioned!  Wish her best of luck!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 3:35am | IP Logged
They've done fine on the language, but could be better.

If Priya were to come here to I-F, she'd be surprised at the number of people who think that Radha was Lakshmi, Satyabhama was Lakshmi, all 8 principle wives were Lakshmi or all 16,108 wives were Lakshmi SillyLOL

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharingSmile

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.