Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Prime time's unplanned bhabhi!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

muaaz

Goldie

muaaz

Posted: 16 July 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
The Devi of small screen, actor Sakshi Tanwar, is back to the grind of daily shows. Like everything else in her life, she says, Bade Acche Lagte Hai too has been a case of luck by chance
Reema Gehi
Posted On Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 01:54:32 AM

She is back on prime time television playing the headstrong, yet docile Priya Sharma in Bade Acche Lagte Hai. Actor Sakshi Tanwar is shooting on a rainy evening for her ongoing show at a studio nestled in Chandivli, Mumbai. In between shots of the 12-hour-long-shift, she floats in and out of her onscreen bedroom. Her work cuts a sturdy profile of sorts.

Yet the 38-year-old Balaji prodigy insists that she never planned to become an actor. "In the north, where I come from, if you're good at studies, you either become a doctor, engineer or join the civil service. I was going the same route. But destiny had other plans for me," she says.

"While still in Delhi, I landed myself a role in a Doordarshan serial through sheer coincidence. I accompanied a friend for an audition, the other person hadn't turned up, and they requested me to step in. That's how I got my first project."

She continues, "You know, I am a bad planner. I haven't decided anything for me. Things happen to me, and I only react. Quite honestly, I never wanted to move base to Mumbai too."

Since then, Tanwar who started her stint on television more than a decade ago, has been part of many a daily soap operas. Her role as Parvati bhabhi of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki got her immense adulation.

She goes into flashback mode and narrates, "Back then, I was staying with Ashaji, a family friend and an actor. She was playing the dadiji in one of the Balaji serials, and she took me there to collect her cheque. Ekta's masi Nirmala Sood saw me and asked if I am interested in acting. As fate would have it, I ended up playing a bhabhi in Karam. One day, Ekta came to the set and told me 'I am planning a big show and you'll play the lead Parvati Bhabhi!'"

That's how her success kahani began. However, once the long-winded show went off air only after everyone turned thrice their age she chose to go on a sabbatical for two years. "I think it was a well-deserved break. Acting is part of my life. It is not my life," she says. "Kahani started in October 2000 and ended in October 2008. It was an eight-year-long journey with Parvati." Did she become like her? "Had that happened, I would have gone mental. I understand them well to portray while I am in front of the camera, and not become them," she says.

Incidentally, Ekta Kapoor contacted her for the recent show Bade Acche... four months after Kahani wrapped up. "But she chose to wait. I was not ready for a daily. I wanted to switch off for some time. I wanted to wake up in the morning and do nothing. Ekta had the choice of going ahead with anyone else, and I would have respected that."

While on a break from the daily television grind, Tanwar played cameos roles in serials such as Crime Patrol and Balika Vadhu. "I kept getting offers. That was enough for me to know that my fraternity still has faith in me," she smiles.

Talk veers off to her personal space, and the Devi of small screen gets visibly perturbed. She is a bit reticent, and is thoroughly unapologetic about it. "Why would anyone want to know about me?" she says nonchalantly.

"The audience is interested in the characters I portray, not in me. I am an actor. My job is to act, and not to give people details about my personal life. As long as they are connecting with the characters I play, they don't need to know more about me. I don't want to tell how many cups of tea I am drinking in a day." What about people wanting to know whether she is a bhabhi, bahu, or biwi to someone in real life? "That's bound to happen. But I won't talk about it. I'll make an announcement about my work, but never about my personal life," she says, categorically.

Back to work, Tanwar is also part of a concept development project for a friend's production house. She will soon be in a film Salon, and set to play Sunny Deol's wife in Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi's Mohalla Assi. She says, "What is meant for me will come to me. I come from a normal middle-class background. The adulation and success I saw with Kahani is enough for this lifetime. I had never aspired or thought about it; the rest is bonus." Touch.

http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/article/26/2011071720110717015446374348997db/Prime-time's-unplanned-bhabhi--.html

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiAnishamma92KhaLidaHhuny.thebestisha01Sakshi_Deewanissroomanilil_desi_goddesAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prime time's unplanned bhabhi!!" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sakshi_Deewani

IF-Rockerz

Sakshi_Deewani

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 12:30am | IP Logged
thnx 4 the gr8 article Bushra... Sakshi is not only a brilliant actress but also a gr8 human being... she's so humble n down to earth...love her loadsHug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

priya555muaazshamma92

_NiShI_

IF-Rockerz

_NiShI_

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged
nice articel thanks 4 sharing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

priya555

priya555

Goldie

priya555

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Love Saakshi a lottt. She is a very nice actress and good human being.May God Bless her.
Saakshi rocksss
BALH rocksss

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92

shamma92

Goldie

shamma92

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article   :thank you:Hug Hug Sakshi you are a great actress and a wonderful, genuine, down to earth human being...love you loads!!!  :blush: :blush:

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.