Posted: 18 July 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Friends

Simpsons

South Park

Saved by the Bell

Sister Sister

The Cosby Show

These are the ones I can remember at the top of my head, but I think Fresh Prince, Friends and Simpsons top it. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfRapier

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "greatest sitcom of all time? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Yep frankly there a ton of them I like too, a lot are reality shows n talent hunts.
Even WWE is popular with the young n old.

cyrax

cyrax

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Yep frankly there a ton of them I like too, a lot are reality shows n talent hunts.
Even WWE is popular with the young n old.

yeah only wwe sucks these days LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 July 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged

Yep I do  not watch WWE, but sometimes I think they are pretty good actors. My Dad is a great wrestling fan though.

But the game is so rough that many always get injured eventhough it is a set up.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapier

my favorite sitcom? fresh prince of bel-air! the 90s were the best!

Yay! I'm glad someone mentioned Fresh Prince. Will Smith is hilarious! Although Carlton was pretty funny tooTongue

No-one mentioned it but I used to enjoy watching 'Everybody Hates Chris' instead of all that Jersey Shore and Meet the Kardashians crap that they now show on TV. 

FRIENDS will always be known as one the most popular sitcoms. I'm a HUGE fan of the series so and I've even got the entire set. I've been meaning to re-watch it over the summer but just can't seem to find the time. :(

Totally forgot about shows like 'Saved by the bell'. Wow, it seems like so long ago!

If we're talking about an Indian sitcom then for me Baa, Bahu aur Baby tops the list. Simply because it was so different to any other Indian show I ever saw. It wasn't too serious yet it stuck to reality and it was so easy to identify with all the characters which is very rare in Indian shows. The bahus didn't hate their mother-in-laws and neither did the bahus plot against one another and all that other crap. It also wasn't one of those shows where you have 'good' and 'bad' people, I could easily cry and laugh all in the same episode. I guess growing up in a joint family myself I could see a lot of the similarities with my own family and maybe that's why I love the show so much.

tinkerbe11Rapier

Rapier

IF-Rockerz

Rapier

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
^^The whole cast was amazing! Will Smith and yes, Carlton too, pretty much were responsible for the awesomeness of the show!LOL

tinkerbe11hindu4lyf

joie de vivre

Goldie

joie de vivre

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged

My favourite sitcom's got to be the British version of The Office. The Inbetweeners was a hoot as well. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top