Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

cyrax

cyrax

Posted: 16 July 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Now, we're gonna discuss post 90's sitcoms till sitcoms today.

which one do you think is the best of all time?

My personal favourites are friends, seinfeld,  modern family, It's always sunny in philadelphia, psych and of course, how I met your mother.

Here are the reason's why:

Friends:

I mean, c'mon, how could you not like this show? It was perfect! It was original, that's the best part about it. the actors were perfect, the stories, the dialogues, the jokes, etc, they were all perfect. The only thing I didn't like about this show was it's theme song. Dead

Seinfeld:
friends and seinfeld were both considered the best sitcoms ever. While friends was a romantic comedy, seinfeld was dark comedy, and I loved each and every single one of those characters. My favourite one was actually jerry, and not kramer.

Modern Family: this is one of my new favourite shows. Oh M Gee. these characters are even funnier than seinfeld or friends! manny, gloria, luke, the sisters, and Phil dunphy! omg, he is probably the greatest character ever created ROFL 

it's always sunny in philly:

omg, this show is so funny, I watched all 6 season's in one week. I think it's better than modern family even. it's a show about 5 underachievers who run a bar, and either get into ridiculous schemes or plot against each other. danny devito shines in this.

psych:

it's a detective cum comedy series. I like it a lot, but it's not AS GOOD as the others.

how I met your mother:

is a romantic comedy just like friends, but I personally feel it is SO much better. The concept where the protagonist speaks to his kids, telling them the story of how he met his wife is ingenious, and the gags are hilarious. It's unpredictable and that's what I love abt it. the best part is Neil patrick harris IMO.

And I'm forgetting:

FAMILY GUY!!!

it's a cartoon, better than the simpsons and ruder as well. I love the flashbacks, and stewie especially.

and then there's the simpsons.. yaawn. once an amazing show, it's pretty much dropped the ball.

which do you think is the greatest sitcom of all time?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "greatest sitcom of all time?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

UselessCriticIn

UselessCriticIn

Posted: 16 July 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
So I'm glad you mentioned "Modern Family,"

I knew from the start that it would be a good show. I actually gave up watching "Glee" back in 2010 for "Modern Family."

Some people often debate between "Mary Tyler Moore" and "Seinfeld" as the best sitcom of all time.

I loved Seinfeld, but really it's only the 3rd-Final seasons.
The first two are almost a little too dry and too flat...even for someone as dry as me. :P

cyrax

cyrax

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UselessCriticIn

So I'm glad you mentioned "Modern Family,"

I knew from the start that it would be a good show. I actually gave up watching "Glee" back in 2010 for "Modern Family."

Some people often debate between "Mary Tyler Moore" and "Seinfeld" as the best sitcom of all time.

I loved Seinfeld, but really it's only the 3rd-Final seasons.
The first two are almost a little too dry and too flat...even for someone as dry as me. :P

well, duh! glee is nowhere nearly as funny as modern family. glee is a bit silly in my opinion, I watch it just for the performances. can't stand the characters or the melodramatic dialogues.. ugghh.

hmm, I haven't watched the first two seasons... wait, which one is the one with the clown and babu? the babu one was HILARIOUS!!!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged
I have been following Glee only, and I like it very much. But if we talk of some show's greatness, it has got to be Friends. And then we have How I Met Your Mother and Two And A Half Men, watchable stuff. 

Honestly, I haven't met anybody who doesn't watch Friends. Weird, how people who dun understand English also watch it. Stern Smile

cyrax

cyrax

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Savage

I have been following Glee only, and I like it very much. But if we talk of some show's greatness, it has got to be Friends. And then we have How I Met Your Mother and Two And A Half Men, watchable stuff. 

Honestly, I haven't met anybody who doesn't watch Friends. Weird, how people who dun understand English also watch it. Stern Smile

how is how i met your mother "watchable". it's way funnier than that LOL friends is kinda original, the first real romantic comedy. I personally enjoy HIMYM more, it makes me laugh harder.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cyrax

how is how i met your mother "watchable". it's way funnier than that LOL friends is kinda original, the first real romantic comedy. I personally enjoy HIMYM more, it makes me laugh harder.

How I Met Your Mother gets sort of incoherent to me, sometimes. But it is obviously very funny, but Friends is like basically original, like you mentioned. Big smile

cyrax

cyrax

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by cyrax

How I Met Your Mother gets sort of incoherent to me, sometimes. But it is obviously very funny, but Friends is like basically original, like you mentioned. Big smile

well yeah it's pretty random sometimes :P

souro

souro

Posted: 17 July 2011 at 6:01am | IP Logged

Honestly, I haven't met anybody who doesn't watch Friends.

Meet me

Post Reply New Post

Go to top