Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

I get inspired by women: Sudhir Mishra

Sumit Jha, TNN | Jul 14, 2011, 12.28pm IST
Read more:Sudhir Mishra|Director
Sudhir Mishra
Director Sudhir Mishra gets talking

Fair Enough!
Filmmaker Sudhir Mishra is one filmmaker who is known for making women centric films be it "Chameli", "Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi" or his latest "Yeh Saali Zindagi". "Yes, I really get inspired by women. Though making films on them is not a deliberate attempt, somehow I have always felt that women are stronger than men and that is why stories based on them have always attracted me," says Sudhir, who was in town recently.

For A Change
Sudhir, who started his career with theatre, is still faithful to his first love but differently. "I am associated with theatre but only as a viewer now. I started my career on stage but gradually my interest shifted towards filmmaking and I hardly found time to do theatre," he says.

Mishra has also done cameos in films like "Khamosh", "Raat Gayi Baat Gayi" and "Traffic Signal". "A lot of filmmakers are my friends. And it's on their insistence that I do such roles. I have no plans of becoming a full-fledged actor. I am happy being behind the camera," he laughs.

Pregnancy clause...not on!

Sudhir created quite a buzz with his recent comment on the pregnancy clause with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan becoming pregnant. Elaborating further he says, "Being a part of the entertainment industry I felt like putting forth my point of view on the issue. Personally, I feel that no one can work under contracts. Life is unpredictable and pregnancy is something that every women celebrates.
So how can any filmmaker have a pregnancy clause with actresses?"

What next!
Telling us about his upcoming project, Sudhir says, "Presently, I am doing ground work on another woman-centric movie that would show the conflict of ideology between men and women at the work place. This film will have Chitrangda (Singh) and Arjun (Rampal) in the lead. Also, the movie will deal with the case of sexual harassment in office. Apart from that, another project is "Mehrunnisa" which is a sweet love story but in two different eras. Being from Lucknow, I have decided to shoot this movie in Lucknow to give it an Awadhi touch as that will add more reality to the film."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-get-inspired-by-women-Sudhir-Mishra/articleshow/9221625.cms
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I really want to watch all his films. This guy is the only director who constantly makes heroine oriented roles. Anyone seen  Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi" or  "Yeh Saali Zindag? He seems obsessed with bebo and chitandra though! Doesn't work with anyone but them. I don't like when directors do that.

Looking forward to all his project. The one with Ajay Rampal sounds interesting.
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago