Book Talk

>CrAzYy FoR BOoKs BoOkS AnD MorE BOoKs< (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

iruaG

IF-Dazzler

iruaG

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Title Of Book/Novel:Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Author: Douglas Adams
Rating(Out Of 10): 10/10
Why is it Your Favorite Book: It is an extremely funny book, even though it is sci-fiROFL
Favorite Character, and Why:Arthur Dent, because he kinda reminds me of Dr. Watson from the Sherlock Holmes series. He's adorably dumb LOL
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...:I wouldn't want to change anything in the book, but I didn't like the movie adaptation of it. The movie was not true to the spirit of the book Thumbs Down
Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Definitely. If you have a sense of humor, this book is a must read. I don't usually like science fiction, but this is an exception.
Picture Of The Book (Optional):

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-sia-LavenderCrystaljustpratidevashree_hSex.Directionozzyie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ">CrAzYy FoR BOoKs BoOkS AnD MorE BOoKs< (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-DamnedDrooler-

IF-Sizzlerz

-DamnedDrooler-

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
I sure love reading..it gives me alot of pleasure imagning all the Scenarios..there are way too many favourites but If I really have to go for one book then it will be

Title Of Book/Novel: Wuthering heights

Author: Emily Bronte

Rating(Out Of 10): 9 out of 10

Why is it Your Favorite Book: I have way too many reasons for picking this book,the first and for most Heathcliff i am in love with this man and his way of things.Then there is catherine and heathcliff 's complex love story.In the book you actually realized how ego can destroy your life.They both did things on impulse and did end up regretting.The childhood phase is the best about the book and the way they both grew up with all the differences in the society.The book covers all the timeline of heathcliff's life right from childhood to young impulsive man and then the mature heathcliff.By the end the came across the mistakes and did not repeat them again.Beautifully described with all the details,I enjoyed the book to core.

Favorite Character, and Why:Heathcliff for all the reasons the orphan gypsy boy who fall in love and want to give in eveything.The youngman who actually changed his appearance and way of life.Then there is bitter heathcliff he cannot be ignored you hate him but you can not stop yourself from loving him also.

If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be : I personally would not want to change anything in this novel,If any of the details or characterizations got changed then the impact would be lost.For making it perfect i would not want it to lose the impact.

Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Yes any day,infact i always praise this book.

Edited by ansah - 14 August 2011 at 12:53am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-sia-LavenderCrystaldevashree_h*mystic.moon*Sex.DirectionmIsHeZ.x.Lena.dreamer_dreamsozzyieRafa.LunaPotter

x-Sundas-x

IF-Dazzler

x-Sundas-x

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Res

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sex.Directionozzyie

-Saruu-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Saruu-

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
r

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sex.Directionozzyie

raspberrytorte

IF-Rockerz

raspberrytorte

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Title Of Book/Novel: Twilight
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Rating(Out Of 10): 9
Why is it Your Favorite Book: Vampires and Werewolfs R The Best :D
Favorite Character, and Why: Bella - cos she gets to date a vamp and a werewolf :)
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...: That I was bella lol  i want to date a vamp and a wolf
Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Yeahh!

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Disha17LavenderCrystaldevashree_hsamrutha*mystic.moon*ozzyieSex.DirectionmIsHeZ.x--Ari--..Serendipity..Batameez.

.Lena.

IF-Rockerz

.Lena.

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Title Of Book/Novel:
The Lonely Hearts Club
Author:
Elizabeth Eulberg
Rating(Out Of 10):
Why is it Your Favorite Book:
Because it is a subtle romance, not highly based on it. I love romance but most authors make it so cheesy, it becomes too overfilling. This, on the other hand, is about a girl who has broken up with her childhood friend and is pissed as hell. She decides to make a club called Lonely Hearts Club.
Favorite Character, and Why:
Penny. She is my kind of girl. I absolutely detest the idea that everything revolves around dating. It's so BLAH!
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...: That the cash-register boy, forgot his name, I wish he didn't turn out to be gay CryCry I really liked him Embarrassed
Would You Recommend it to a Friend:
Yes, but you have to love romance for that Day Dreaming

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-sia-LavenderCrystaldevashree_hAngel-Jot.*mystic.moon*Sex.DirectionmIsHeZ.xozzyie-DamnedDrooler-Rafa.LunaPotterBatameez.

-scarlett-

IF-Dazzler

-scarlett-

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Title Of Book/Novel:
The DaVinci Code

Author:
Dan Brown

Rating(Out Of 10):
9.5 (still waiting for a better book out derLOL)

Why is it Your Favorite Book:
Its a book that combines a bit of reality and a fiction with it. The adventures and how the suspense is unveiled throughout is really commendable. The book manages to make me hold on from the first word to the last. I am a person that really likes to know about the past and find new things and this book really does bring up different facts of different places and eras.

Favorite Character, and Why:
My favorite character has to be the main protagonist as he is a professor in Harvard but not the type to be very serious. He is a character that I feel connected with because he is easy going and his reactions to a certain things are humorous and real...

If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...:
There weren't as many backstabbers... I really fell in love wit some of
the characters but turned to be evil pigs Angry

Would You Recommend it to a Friend:
Oh yea...but it depends on the type of books they prefer..ppsshh...it does have
a bit of romance Embarrassed

Edited by -Vishwa- - 15 August 2011 at 1:54pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

*mystic.moon*samruthaozzyieSex.Direction..Serendipity..Batameez.

NinaSafdar

Groupbie

NinaSafdar

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
OOH EXCELLENT IDEATongue

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE READING AND AM THE BIGGEST BOOKWORM EVER.Smile

JUST GIMME A GOOD BOOK AND I CAN SIT THERE FOR HOURSBig smile

UNFORTUNATELY, WITH UNI & RAMADAN (AT THE MOMENT) ITS A BIT TRICKY TO SNEAK IN TIME FOR A BOOK..Cry

BUT INSHALLAH I'LL BE VISITING THE LIBRARAY SOONClap

CONGRATS, AGAIN FOR THE GREAT CONCEPTParty

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

*mystic.moon*Sex.DirectionmIsHeZ.xozzyieBatameez.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top