Vasu here are some questions for you.
Please take time to answer them unlike Srushti who just melted away from answering my set of questions
1) If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go?
Hmmm...interesting q. Probably ancient Egypt to the time of Cleopatra & Julius Caesar...ancient Egypt has always fascinated me and I think I would do well as one of Caesar's court
Otherwise, to Jacobean England when Shakespeare was at his hey-day...it would be wonderful to see him at work and finally settle the argument of whether Shakespeare-of-Stratford is really THE Shakespeare, the writer...
2) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first and why?
Italy first, because I love everything Italian - food, culture, language etc. Otherwise, I would love to go to Rajasthan as I have never been there.
3) What are your favourite books- fiction and non fiction?
Fiction - too many to count, but amongst the faves, in no particular order:
1. Pride & Prejudice (as if you didn't know that )
2. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
3. A Little Princess, Francis Hodgson Burnett
4. Bergdorf Blondes, Plum Sykes
5. The Go-Between, L.P Hartley
6. The Hungry Tide, Amitav Ghosh
7. We Need To Talk About Kevin, Lionel Shriver
8. Harry Potter series (but especially Prisoner of Azkaban & Half-Blood Prince)
9. Northern Lights, Phillip Pullman
10. Private Scandals, Nora Roberts
Non-fiction - generally I like history books, esp. ancient Egypt/Rome/Greece, but also biographies.
4) Due you believe in destiny? If so what was that turning point or moment which indicated your fate?
I do and I don't. I believe that there are certain paths that a person can take...but that we have to make the choice between them. Sort of like those books you get where at the end of the page you have to make a choice, and go to the corresponding page. And that takes you all the way from the beginning to the middle to an abrupt end to the beginning again, all in a roundabout way, all based on YOUR choice which is informed by the knowledge you have at a particular time. Thus, you have turning points, but not A TURNING POINT. I have had a few in my time, but none have yet led to where I want to go.
More than destiny itself, I believe in signs. I get a lot of signs - about things that are preying on my mind, things that I want to achieve. I believe this is a part of my gut instinct, and that the choice to follow it or not is mine alone.
5) How do you tackle stress and still try to be cool in trying situations?
Lol, I tackle stress by 1. internalising it until I boil, 2. bursting at the nearest person, who tends to be my mum
6) Whats your opinion of this forum? Its members, the story of BALH, the PH and the channel;in that order.
The members are fantastic and well-informed, the story could be good but gets bogged down in stupidities, my true opinion of BT would get me banned from IF, and Sony is the only channel I watch these days, so I have a good view of it
Hope you will answer these questions and looking forward to your interesting replies.Thanz in advance.
Thanks so much - these were great questions!