Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 09 July 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Hey guys! So like I've told some of you, I'm a part of ISKCON. I mean, I'm not an initiated member or anything, but still, I go to the temple, read ISKCON books, etc. There's this one book I'm reading right now called The Science of Self-Realization. I read a chapter every night. Last night, I came across this part which I had to remember, so I wrote it down on a note card. Here it is. btw, this chapter was made up of dialogues between Dr. Singh and Prabhupada.

Prabhupada: "The politicians have no sympathy or compassion. They do not consider that the hard-earned money is coming from the public and that they are spending it by shooting big rockets off to other planets. Al they do is promise to bring back more dust. First, they may get a handful of dust; then they promise to bring back tons of dust. What is the meaning of all this?"

Dr. Singh: "They believe that there may be life on Mars."

Prabhupada: "They may believe or not believe-what is the gain? What we do know is that life is here. They know this, yet they are engaged in fighting and in killing life. Here is life. Here is a human being. Life is here undoubtedly. But they are busy tring to destroy it with their big bombs. This is their scientific advancement."

He went on to say that since the world is all materialistic, we can always learn more about it, but that won't get us anywhere. We must stop this pursuit and instead study about the self. So do you guys agree or disagree?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchRehanismradhikaraniarun-deepscityoflights

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Here Is Life" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 10 July 2011 at 12:57am | IP Logged
gr8 dear

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AishuHiBawari

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 10 July 2011 at 1:00am | IP Logged
stories of upanishand, bhagvad puran talk of self realistn . Tk anyone charctr n study he gt moksh aftr self realistn. N upanisad talk bt self

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaRehanismAishuHiBawari

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 July 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
^^absolutely right Ankita dear.
All of these holy literatures teach abt the self, and knowing the self and God leads to moksha. Well said!

radhikarani

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 10 July 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged
yes dear aishu. Thnx

AishuHiBawari

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Though I am not quite a fan of Prabhupada or his writings or his organization, I do agree with that part where he says that the true knowledge is self-realization. The mind is an infinite library - every book or scripture, every God, every religion, every knowledge, every being, every invention, each of the infinite parallel universes is embedded in this mind. There's nothing outside this mind. And thus every mind is infinite, superluminal, omnipresent and supremely divine in its own right. The world that we see or perceive outside is but a projection of our own mind. Nirvana is nothing more than the realization of this facet of the self - the highest mind - the perfect intelligence Sat-Chit-Ananda. An odyssey of evolution of the mind to supermind and the soul to supersoul.

I may be wrong, but I have noticed the two high Gods of Hindu Pantheon - Vishnu and Shiva - are always shown in company of pet snakes. IMO, this coiled Kundalini snake symbolizes all that which attaches us to ignorance - temptations, desire and fear - and binds us to the realms of heaven or hell. One who is intimidated by this snake is Jiva and one who has tamed this snake is Shiva. One who is unaware of his own infinite self is Nar and one who is completely aware of his self is Narayan.

However I disagree with his stance against materialism. Politics, Scientific progress, space tech and military advancement (even nukes) are crucial to a nation's overall progress. Peace is vital for development and development is imperative for any spiritual movement. And in modern world, peace comes only through strength and tactics. These days religious people have developed a negative opinion about materialism. Materialistic science is as much important as spiritual science. Some understand physics through metaphysics while others interpret metaphysics in terms of physics. I, personally, prefer a balance of both.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 11 July 2011 at 8:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aadkradhikarani

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
sorry for late reply

Thanks for sharing .. i agree with ankita
i can say im fan or non fan of Prabhupada , im reading Gita by him .. hv u read??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyaradhikarani

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged
hya I read Bhagwad Gita bt nt of Prabhupad

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.