India-Forums

Reth to End soon

SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 3:10pm | IP Logged

Hi guys

I was on telly chakar and they said that a new show called "Sindoor" is going to be replacing Reth. Would that mean it will be ending soon it says sindoor will  be begining mid-March at 7:30 p.m. But i love Reth and it can't end.

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:36pm | IP Logged

Zee's biggest soap launch of 2005 is slated for launch mid March. Sindoor, another women oriented daily soap created by Jay Mehta, is likely to replace Reth and will air at 7:30 pm.

Gurdip in a new avatar in Sindoor

Based loosely on the Sridevi starrer Sadma, Sindoor is a story with a difference --- the lead character, played by Gurdip Kohli, is mentally unbalanced, the mother-in-law is overtly protective about her son and no, it is not a saas-bahu saga.

The character played by Gurdip has a phobia of "sindoor", the traditional auspicious vermillion mark--- the story will trace her life as she gets married and as it goes through highs and lows. The serial will also see Kirti Gaekwad, who played Kkammal in Zee's serial of the same name, in an important role. Noted actress Tanvi Azmi will play the role of the mother-in-law who chooses wives for her sons but is reluctant to share their love with them. "This story has a wonderful juxtaposition of relationships and my character goes through the whole gamut of human emotions. This complexity in characterization is what made me take up the role," says an enthused Azmi.

"Although, there is a saas and a bahu, there are no negative feelings between them. It is a character that made me grow

Tanvi Azmi --a mother-in-law with a difference!

as an actress, to think beyond the soft mushy roles that I have been offered so far", says a visibly excited Kohli, whose performance in 'Rihhaee', the crime based serial on Sony, has been much appreciated.

Produced by Jay Mehta, who has produced serials like Zee's Mujhe Dor Koi Khinche, that follows the lives of two sisters one of whom is schizophrenic, 'Sindoor', could prove to be a breath of fresh air for viewers who have rarely seen concepts of this kind on the small screen. While sources say the show will replace Reth, it might replace another waning serial - Aroona Irani's Tum Bin Jaoon Kahan, that is also shortly ending its run.

The channel is currently gearing up for a gala publicity campaign for launching the show --- stay glued to this space for more….

rat718 Senior Member
rat718
rat718

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Just for your info, it is not reth that is ending but Tum bin Janoo Kaha (tbjk). All the viewers are very glad that this serial is ending, since Aruna Irani is torturing us worse than Kekta KapoorSmile. Sindhoor is supposed to be replacing tbjk.
sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 12:03am | IP Logged
then how come it says it might replace reth? so it must be ending soon too
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top