Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Runjhun: It Should Be In The Eyes (Pg. 2)

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi Friends 😃

After Guddu's dramatic love confession, it appeared that the stage should have been set for Runjhun to fall in love. No one expected her to fall in love immediately; some of us were maybe a little surprised that she did not love him a little already, but okay. The story of Runjhun coming into her own awareness of her love for Guddu is a beautiful story to be told.  I was ready to watch it progress in a slow manner. I wanted to see Runhjun awake to her husband's love just the way she awoke to all that was bad about him before.

Now I am no prurient teenager that needs to see these guys incessantly pawing each other 😉. Nor an I in a rush for Suhaag Raat. Instead, what I was looking for was a slow character development in Runjhun. I want to see a  growing tenderness in the eyes, small smiles, looks of pride, looks of empathy and looks of protectiveness towards Guddu. It is all in the eyes!

I feel that all this is missing. Ever since the bidaii, I am not seeing a growing warmth, romantic longing and burgeoning love in Runjhun. Again, it is not so important to me that she hugs him, wipes his tears, though I felt there were some critical scenes that a touch from Runjhun would have gone a long way, but I am missing the eye-locks these guys are famous for.

Remember the earlier episodes when she wants to take back her false accusation and get  him out of jail, or he takes the suitor's tea? Remember the intensity of the eyelocks. There was a language going on all of its own between these characters that was past dialogue. Now that one character is in love and other character is about to fall in love, where are the eye-locks now? Directing team, lately characters, especially RJ has felt very cold to Guddu. Why?  Creatives (those in charge of eye-contact direction 😆): Take the time to tell the story UNDER the story. We want to see the subtle evolution of a character through facial features, warmer and  emotional dialogue

1.    June 20: Biddai scene: I have trouble watching this scene  From the moment Runjhun leaves the house to breaking off the Bidaii there is no eye contact with Guddu. Why? Only when Guddu stands next to her, after he jumps off the rickshaw that is when she looks at him for the first time. RJ breaks off the bidaii with no regards for G. Shouldn't there have been an intense sorrow and regret in her eyes as she looks at Guddu? Something?

In contrast we have Madhavi trying to have her own pre-marital biddai and we know this girl has one-half the sense of RJ, but why does it appear to me that she loves Jabbu so much that she will crawl over broken glass to get to him? She loves her parents, she feels bad, but still what I felt was her that soul, her entire being was  for Jabbu.  Can anyone question that Jabbo is her priority?

I want to feel that  some of this fervency in RJ, the show's leading lady.

2.   JJune 28: The handing over the towel in the haldi scene. Guddu calls RJ beautiful. RJ appears that maybe she did not hear him, or has no reaction. Again this is a nice time for her to respond with her face and eyes.

3.    July 3rd, I have written already missed opportunities for Runjhun to show warmth and caring towards Guddu.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1711324?pn=3

Lots of times Runjhun could have met Guddu's eyes last week. Last week chemistry was not there. What about during the wedding, or after the pregnancy was revealed? Why is Guddu looking at Runjhun  both times and Runjhun not looking back????

They looked at each more right, before romantic track began?

4.    July 4th: When Amma reassures Kukkan that things will work out between Madhavi and him because they  have worked out between Guddu and Runjhun, Guddu gives RJ a warm look, but if you notice she does not return it. Also the scene when Guddu is getting the milk, Runjhun says jokingly "I will rest once in your house," I wanted to see her shy anticipation of going to his house.  Again, some warmth in the eyes. Nada

5.    July 5th:  I am not feeling anything here when Guddu comes in to get the bags between them. Yes, I know that RJ is upset, but honestly is there not a tingle in her spine that she is finally going to start a new life with her husband? Couldn't she smile a little. The guy is trying

I also feel that the Creatives are missing critical dialogue between these also to move their love story forward. I don't care where the characters live and I don't mind minor characters having a plot, but why are we sacrificing real emotional growth between these characters and the story of WHY they are following in love?

1.    We all felt that Guddu would have stood by RJ through an abortion, but this very beautiful look at Guddu's character is not recognized by RJ. as they never talk about it

2.    We see the love Guddu has for his friends;  they really are his family. What a capacity of love this man has and pain. I feel RJ could have empathized with this more instead of preaching. He is feeling a raw sense of loss here when Jabbo leaves. He has lost a brother. I am not going to fetishize touch here endlessly, but her tone and eye contact could have been warmer to him as the man cried.

3.    We see Guddu will do anything for RJ. RJ praised Kukkan yesterday, what about Guddu's immense sacrifice? Will she praise Guddu?

4.    Guddu is against having a woman's chastity tested; this could make an impression on RJ. But again no realization here. Message goes above RJ's head

5.    Guddu puts up with insults from PN: here I wish Runjhun could have defended him, or at least talked about it privately

6.    I agree with Rani, bedroom scene appears to be cut after Runjhun runs into bedroom after Mitho Mammi yells at her. Why does scene start with Runjhun's accusation of him" "You said things would be okay'"

7.    Runjhun is looking at the picture of her parents today; Great moment for both to talk about her parents and her feelings about them. Why is this emotional contact between these great actors avoided?

EDITS: IDEAS GIVEN BY INFOFAN

8. We have watched musical beds for two months, why can't they have a talk about sharing a bed? Why are these characters not having the necessary romantic moments onscreen to move story forward?

9. It would be nice to have seen him looking for his name on her hand after Mehndi

Now it looks like misunderstanding will start again, but I missed the part where Runjhun truly appreciates Guddu and is falling in love with him,

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LoveGuddu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great Post ...Jpalagrawal...👏

I couldn't have said it better...100 % with you on this...👍🏼

Edit :

Guddu to Runjhun...

I long for your touch, I have craved for it so much.
I need for you to know without you I am not whole.
Do you know or even understand who I am?
I am not just a man, I am the one, your's heart's forever, your soul-mate. 

Edited by LoveGuddu - 12 years ago
tereliyex thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nice post!

Im am also missing GuNjhuns short and sweet eyelocks! But I think it was just a baby step toward their romance.I also feel that every relation is based on trust soits better the misunderstandings happen now rather than when Runjhun actually loves Guddu ,becuz it would be a bummer to see her not trust him then
azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great post JP. I would not have said it better.

The thing with such fans as us is that we see when the quality gets bad. We notice when the characters are made to comply to somthing else. We know that Runjhun is capable of loving the evil mama mami then why suddenly she is cold towards Guddu? It seems that if someone loves her she is not trusting that person? When he was angry at her and called her panuti she was happy and tried all the time to put herself above him? But now when she knows that he is not that bad she dose not want to do with him? What kind of ego dose this girl have? I mean Runjhun has different aspects she is polite and gives a smile for smallest favor but not now not to Guddu? Why?
Just because he has said that he cannot live without her his importance has gone down the darin?
Then I think it will be very nice to see them seperated and she again illtreated and laughed at by mama mami for her stupidness and get the knowledge that keeping fast and puja will not bring back Guddu when she wants him? That his love cannot be bought by her bhaag? Amma has told her as much but miss high and mahaan will not heed it.

Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I totally agree with you, Jpalagrawal!  Runhjun seems more cold now when it comes to Guddu than she was during the challenge. But, since it is only from her side I'm hopping that these are the director's instructions. Maybe they want to show us that she is really scared about these new feelings that Guddu is showing to her. In the past, when she mentioned marriage, her mind was only at duty and obligations, but not love. The challenge was to make Guddu a better person, not to make him fall in love with her. With her background I don't know if she understands that marriage should also involve love. I mean, when her aunts, who are her role models as wives, show affection to their husbands?

So, I believe that they want to tell us that she is not ready for a relationship that involves affection. Personally I don't think she loves Guddu right now. She still doesn't really know him, she never even try to know him, the two of them never had a heart to heart conversation. His humiliations from the past are still there, she always looks very affected when Mitho mentions them. When Guddu mentions them, she never say loud and clear that she forgives him. She never said anything back when he said that he knows she has no reasons to love him, which is understandable because he did to her such horrible things and for Runhjun her image in society means so much. Since she was treated so bad in her family, I guess she wanted at least her public image to be respected and Guddu took that away from her too.

If she doesn't love him and is afraid of any intimacy with him, maybe she is trying to put some distance between the two of them: if she shows any sign of affection now, she maybe afraid that he will misunderstand them and think that she is encouraging him.That is why the Monday hag happened when she was  devastated by Mahadevis words, she didn't even realize what she was doing, because even if she may not love him,  subconsciously she needs him, her mind knows that he is the one that can help her, that she can count on him.

These is what I believe, I don't know if I'm right. But just like you, I'm eager to see her looking at him with love and proud, to defend him (not just here and there), to forgive him and to tell him to forgive himself for what he did in the past.

Edited by etna - 12 years ago
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great post and agree with all the points raised..

in fact I am kinda getting bored with this show..love the cast but the cvs need to do something to keep the interest...was looking forward to some sort of love/awareness from R but that was brushed aside..why??..

back to the tricks by m&m's to keep R at PN...

how can a mother not realise what her daughter is going thru??..mittu/MD track..

why is mittu mami still focused on R..

if the cvs want to keep the new TRPs..they need to focus..
Dhanujp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@JP :) What a Wonderful Post ! U stole my heart :)

Totally & Totally agree with you :)

Yes, I would not have written better than u. 100% I agree with ur every single word :)
TanyaParmar thumbnail
Hi I think Runjin only shows emotions towards her mama mami log and cousins and amma.  You never see her really show Guddu ji any emotion.  He is now wearing his heart on his sleeve but she is always so preoccupied with her family she does not really give him the time of day.  CV's need to change this as she seems very cold and unresponsive.
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: azuria

Great post JP. I would not have said it better.

The thing with such fans as us is that we see when the quality gets bad. We notice when the characters are made to comply to somthing else. We know that Runjhun is capable of loving the evil mama mami then why suddenly she is cold towards Guddu? It seems that if someone loves her she is not trusting that person? When he was angry at her and called her panuti she was happy and tried all the time to put herself above him? But now when she knows that he is not that bad she dose not want to do with him? What kind of ego dose this girl have? I mean Runjhun has different aspects she is polite and gives a smile for smallest favor but not now not to Guddu? Why?
Just because he has said that he cannot live without her his importance has gone down the darin?
Then I think it will be very nice to see them seperated and she again illtreated and laughed at by mama mami for her stupidness and get the knowledge that keeping fast and puja will not bring back Guddu when she wants him? That his love cannot be bought by her bhaag? Amma has told her as much but miss high and mahaan will not heed it.

@Azuria, what is odd too, I feel that Guddu is also going to stop engaging Runjhun through the eyes

1. Yesterday after the fight he has with the guy, he always usually looks at Runjhun to see what her reaction is. He has been doing this always. He always wants to see what she thinks and remember she does look concerned, so it would have been interesting to see the eye-eye contact between them after old Guddu came out for a second.  Yesterday they leave him looking at the road.

2. When he comes into fight for Kukkan to marry MD, I felt this was a scene that he would have looked to RJ for reassurance. Guddu completely walks by RJ, takes the stool and sits next to Amma

So this will be an issue too
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
luvsagar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Hi Friends 😃

After Guddu's dramatic love confession, it appeared that the stage should have been set for Runjhun to fall in love. No one expected her to fall in love immediately; some of us were maybe a little surprised that she did not love him a little already, but okay. The story of Runjhun coming into her own awareness of her love for Guddu is a beautiful story to be told.  I was ready to watch it progress in a slow manner. I wanted to see Runhjun awake to her husband's love just the way she awoke to all that was bad about him before.

Now I am no prurient teenager that needs to see these guys incessantly pawing each other 😉. Nor an I in a rush for Suhaag Raat. Instead, what I was looking for was a slow character development in Runjhun. I want to see a  growing tenderness in the eyes, small smiles, looks of pride, looks of empathy and looks of protectiveness towards Guddu. It is all in the eyes!

I feel that all this is missing. Ever since the bidaii, I am not seeing a growing warmth, romantic longing and burgeoning love in Runjhun. Again, it is not so important to me that she hugs him, wipes his tears, though I felt there were some critical scenes that a touch from Runjhun would have gone a long way, but I am missing the eye-locks these guys are famous for.

Remember the earlier episodes when she wants to take back her false accusation and get  him out of jail, or he takes the suitor's tea? Remember the intensity of the eyelocks. There was a language going on all of its own between these characters that was past dialogue. Now that one character is in love and other character is about to fall in love, where are the eye-locks now? Directing team, lately characters, especially RJ has felt very cold to Guddu. Why?  Creatives (those in charge of eye-contact direction 😆): Take the time to tell the story UNDER the story. We want to see the subtle evolution of a character through facial features, warmer and  emotional dialogue

1.    June 20: Biddai scene: I have trouble watching this scene  From the moment Runjhun leaves the house to breaking off the Bidaii there is no eye contact with Guddu. Why? Only when Guddu stands next to her, after he jumps off the rickshaw that is when she looks at him for the first time. RJ breaks off the bidaii with no regards for G. Shouldn't there have been an intense sorrow and regret in her eyes as she looks at Guddu? Something?

In contrast we have Madhavi trying to have her own pre-marital biddai and we know this girl has one-half the sense of RJ, but why does it appear to me that she loves Jabbu so much that she will crawl over broken glass to get to him? She loves her parents, she feels bad, but still what I felt was her that soul, her entire being was  for Jabbu.  Can anyone question that Jabbo is her priority?

I want to feel that  some of this fervency in RJ, the show's leading lady.

2.   JJune 28: The handing over the towel in the haldi scene. Guddu calls RJ beautiful. RJ appears that maybe she did not hear him, or has no reaction. Again this is a nice time for her to respond with her face and eyes.

3.    July 3rd, I have written already missed opportunities for Runjhun to show warmth and caring towards Guddu.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1711324?pn=3

Lots of times Runjhun could have met Guddu's eyes last week. Last week chemistry was not there. What about during the wedding, or after the pregnancy was revealed? Why is Guddu looking at Runjhun  both times and Runjhun not looking back????

They looked at each more right, before romantic track began?

4.    July 4th: When Amma reassures Kukkan that things will work out between Madhavi and him because they  have worked out between Guddu and Runjhun, Guddu gives RJ a warm look, but if you notice she does not return it. Also the scene when Guddu is getting the milk, Runjhun says jokingly "I will rest once in your house," I wanted to see her shy anticipation of going to his house.  Again, some warmth in the eyes. Nada

5.    July 5th:  I am not feeling anything here when Guddu comes in to get the bags between them. Yes, I know that RJ is upset, but honestly is there not a tingle in her spine that she is finally going to start a new life with her husband? Couldn't she smile a little. The guy is trying

I also feel that the Creatives are missing critical dialogue between these also to move their love story forward. I don't care where the characters live and I don't mind minor characters having a plot, but why are we sacrificing real emotional growth between these characters and the story of WHY they are following in love?

1.    We all felt that Guddu would have stood by RJ through an abortion, but this very beautiful look at Guddu's character is not recognized by RJ. as they never talk about it

2.    We see the love Guddu has for his friends;  they really are his family. What a capacity of love this man has and pain. I feel RJ could have empathized with this more instead of preaching. He is feeling a raw sense of loss here when Jabbo leaves. He has lost a brother. I am not going to fetishize touch here endlessly, but her tone and eye contact could have been warmer to him as the man cried.

3.    We see Guddu will do anything for RJ. RJ praised Kukkan yesterday, what about Guddu's immense sacrifice? Will she praise Guddu?

4.    Guddu is against having a woman's chastity tested; this could make an impression on RJ. But again no realization here. Message goes above RJ's head

5.    Guddu puts up with insults from PN: here I wish Runjhun could have defended him, or at least talked about it privately

6.    I agree with Rani, bedroom scene appears to be cut after Runjhun runs into bedroom after Mitho Mammi yells at her. Why does scene start with Runjhun's accusation of him" "You said things would be okay'"

7.    Runjhun is looking at the picture of her parents today; Great moment for both to talk about her parents and her feelings about them. Why is this emotional contact between these great actors avoided?

EDITS: IDEAS GIVEN BY INFOFAN

8. We have watched musical beds for two months, why can't they have a talk about sharing a bed? Why are these characters not having the necessary romantic moments onscreen to move story forward?

9. It would be nice to have seen him looking for his name on her hand after Mehndi

Now it looks like misunderstanding will start again, but I missed the part where Runjhun truly appreciates Guddu and is falling in love with him,

Absolutely agree with what you have said and the CVs really need to keep these misunderstandings resolved quickly...don't prolong them. 

JP is there a way we can send this thread to the creatives or at least what you have written.  Not only to the CVs but also to Nivedita.and Himmanshoo..she can deliver what we want.  I hope we get back the eyelocks they were the USP of the show.

Hope all is well between Nivedita and Himmanshoo...because if not this sometimes reflects on screen!

Nina
Edited by luvsagar - 12 years ago