Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Ghoom phir ke wapas wahi - 4 July (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Mahi623

Mahi623

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Once again, Mahi - you echo my thoughts. Maybe I have a split personality...and you are one of them...Stern SmileLOL Hmm. maybe... except that one personality of yours seems to be a Buffy-Angel shipper, and the other a Buffy Spike shipper, and you know that's just insane troll logic.
Originally posted by Mahi623

The restaurant scene actually had continuity. They made a reference to the original restaurant scene with the bindi dialogue. The fact that bindi fiasco was completely dialogueness, yet both Ram and Priya remembered is just awesome. I also loved Ram's little "i thought you don't know how to plan' line. Subtle reminder of the last episode. It gives me some hope that the consequences of Priya's little speech will actually be dealt with. Yes, continuity-wise this was a good episode; in fact during that scene I was reminded of Sakshi's interview with SBB/SBS in which she said that small, subtle things from previous episodes will be tied into newer episodes. As long as they keep the continuity up, especially in RP scenes, I am happy. 

In fact, Ram shone throughout the scene. The pills, the irritabililty, the messing with the silverware, the apologizing to the waiter after speaking brusquely to him, this was all classic Ram, and it made the scene enjoyable. But I think what was missing from the scene was classic Priya. Ram could have had that scene with any generic female who was angry at him, and of course, irritated by his little ways. The beauty of the original restaurant scene was the fact that in their own ways, both Ram and Priya were equally odd. If Ram wouldn't let the bindi fixing go, then Priya, too, pulled the bindi out in frustration. Here, it was mostly Priya reacting to Ram's quirkiness instead of both of them reacting to each other's quirkiness. @bold - you are TOTALLY right; you've said exactly what I was trying to say in a much more roundabout way LOL we were missing classic Priya for some reason; her spark, her Priya-ness was missing. I hope that comes back very soon otherwise this is going to become a very one-sided affair. 

Little things:

While I know that Nuts/Karthik scenes normally suck so I have no expectations from them, but what I particularly hated was the slap. Now I know that slaps are common in the TV world, but I don't like how morally justified Karthik feels when he slapped Nuts as if she needed to be taught a lesson. Also, clearly, Nuts enjoys this type of treatment which I personally find rather repulsive, though it is consistent with her character. Exactly my thoughts - though she deserves it, Karthik needs to be bigger than that. Especially since it is clearly having no effect on her. 

Priya taking that book out of her bag to read was hilarious because it's what I would do. That is SO what I would do, and DO! LOL Little touches like that make me believe in this show...Exactly, like when Priya held the knife during the Priya-Shirpa fight. It was awesome because it looked like she had just stepped out of the kitchen to argue her point. Very realistic.

No comments about the contrived proposal except we have to have a contrived misunderstanding plot once a week  just to make us appreciate non contrived things more in our lives LMAO - you are so right. This is probably what it is...

By the way, loving your Angel avi and the Priya/Ayesha & Buffy/Dawn sigs...very nicely linked LOL

Thanks! And thanks for teaching me how to pull these off. Smile And, yeah, the second I saw that Priya Ayesha scene, I knew it had to go with the Buffy scene. And of course, I adore Cordy. And I am shutting up now because much like Ram, I suffer from OCD which explains my compulsion to bring Buffy up obsessively everywhere..
P.S I knew this sig thing was going to come back and bite me in the ass ROFL

Of course not, your analysis post usually has...what?.. sixty replies. You only have to say good bye to your life for like two months...LOLLOLLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghoom phir ke wapas wahi - 4 July (Page 3)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MysticNights

IF-Veteran Member

MysticNights

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Happy 4th of July to all my Stateside friends!! Hug

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fail to understand why people who don't want their phone to ring in an important situation don't just turn it off. Is it the fault of the person calling them?? Karthik, you idiot, next time just switch your phone off...if only to save us poor audience members from having to sit through an excruciating Life Partner repeat. D'ohExcept, I guess Nuts is not as screechy as Genelia's character was in that scene...which is not to downplay the annoyance factor of this scene. 

Anyway, moving on to the more important stuff...the random evil news editor - no, wait...that's not it. The random Karthik voice double and Akash-Nuts, yes that's what I wanted to talk about. No, maybe it was the super-fast talking, spiky-haired fool begging a girl to take him back. Confused The jealousy-invoking nutty Nuts begging/tricking a guy into kissing her? The slooow motion moving towards the melding of lips, the idiotic fight, the THIRD slap of the show (man, Nuts should be careful of marrying this guy - that's twice he's slapped her Dead). Hell, this is one heck of an abusive relationship. Ah, screw it - I couldn't give a damn about any of this. 

Why does Priya keep calling Ram Mr Perfect? Neither has he nor has anyone else ever termed him perfect...toh where is this chip on her shoulder coming from? Confused Even her haddi-less father knows he has faults...

Okay, let me just start off by saying that if this scene has taken place week or so ago, I might have enjoyed it more than I did. But then last week was such a step backwards that today's scene was actually a step forwards (when it reality it brought us right back to the place we were after the original restaurant scene). Anyway, to avoid confusing myself further, I'll move on to some thoughts about this scene:

• HOW cute was Ram when he sat down with this terrified look on his face, playing with his fingers?! EmbarrassedLOL Awww, so sweet - see, this is what Priya has done to a confident man. Made him too afraid/angry to even look at her...
  • How hilarious were they arguing about how much alcohol there was in a pina colada ROFLROFLROFL and Ram going on about pineapples, much like Priya went on about irrigation in the first restaurant meeting ROFL 
  • On that note, though - Ram should really ask for his money back; as that was NOT a pina colada, but plain pineapple juice. Trust me, I know LOL
  • I loved Ram's over-the-top flailing every time he got angry: "Will you please let me FINISH?!" ROFL and the whole "one good idea every four years" thing ROFL 
  • I really enjoyed Ram playing about with the table settings every time Priya would open her mouth, and then sitting back, folding his hands and saying "please continue" in this school-teacher/psychiatrist mellow tone, as if he was hanging off her every word ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL 
  • The idea of the two of them pretending to be friends until Nuts-Karthik's wedding would, of course, bring them in close proximity every so often, giving them a chance to like each other for real. And with the added museebat of the reporters capturing Ram's "proposal" ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL  (how hilarious did they look running into the room like losers?), this is only one more opportunity for them to come closer. I don't understand how Priya's ring came off, though - didn't see her playing with it. 
Before I forget, I really liked (once again) Ayesha in the first scene. Every one went on trying to insult/shame/guilt Priya into marriage - your ages are similar, I don't want people to say bad things about you, why would you listen to me, I am not your mother? etc etc.  Only Ayesha said, "He is the best choice for you". No qualifiers - just those words. Okay so the line about her life not being so good was a little Wacko...dude, you've only lost a lottery you didn't actually play; the world as you know it hasn't come to an end. But I liked her prompting Priya to go and see him at least once, and Priya accepting only for her, and Ayesha saying someone has to be Priya after she leaves. It's nice to know that Priya is her role model, even though sometimes she doesn't deserve to be. 

I also loved Ram telling Vikram about his "nightmare" of Priya bringing him the tea in the mornings ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL 

Point to be noted - Shipra saying that "I am not your mother". Did she say it in one of this fits of anger where you say just about anything, or was it true? Judging by the non reactions from everyone, I'm guessing the former.

The episode was so-so. I liked the restaurant scene but not as much as I might have enjoyed it this time last week; Thursday's episode still has left a mark on me and I feel very strongly that Priya should apologise about that. After all, we don't want to scar Ram for life ROFL And as you can tell from the above points, most of the things I loved were instigated by Ram. I love Sakshi to death, but Priya's outburst needs to be dealt with in a proper manner. 

What did you all think? Prefer this restaurant scene or the first one? Also, more importantly, a poll - do you think we are going to get a good week, or a psycho week? Post your predictions now - the winner gets a sig made by me!  ROFL ROFL ROFL 

Wonderful post vasu Hug 
Can i say that Ram was about to run away from priya...it felt like Ram was a student who was scared of teacher (priya) ji ROFL

the scene was too funny and at the end finally the story has a chance to move forward. But yaar kya sapna tha yaar ROFL priya chai la rahi hai...wah LOL

p.s. love ur siggy box...yaar mujhe PM land pe le ke jaye gi...right now I'm in KaSh land...WinkLOL

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
I don't know what to make of the episode...in the end everyone starts to become irritating...and I feel the stage has been set for Priya to be scapegoat...ie Ram will assume Priya fixed it so that she can trap him into marriage...

I just want to know why do characters just tapak pare in the soap...ie nutty's boyfriend...looks like a dumb teenagers who is probably a junkie just like her...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SphallolaliaPooja_219

maris08

IF-Rockerz

maris08

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Vasu after last week of diastrous incident, this week seems better. I vivdly remember commenting that BALH seems to permenantly go for a roller coster ride, a week of high followed by a low.
This week seems to be on the upward swing and hope it just stays there.
    HOW cute was Ram when he sat down with this terrified look on his face, playing with his fingers?! EmbarrassedLOL Awww, so sweet - see, this is what Priya has done to a confident man. Made him too afraid/angry to even look at her... This clearly shows that Ram is already affected by Priya. Deep inside his heart there seems to be a soft corner or feeling that has already made its presence felt.Hes just too wound up to acknowledge and realise it.Probabaly if he stops taking all those pills for all maladies he may be a normal person recognising his own feelings.
  • How hilarious were they arguing about how much alcohol there was in a pina colada ROFLROFLROFL and Ram going on about pineapples, much like Priya went on about irrigation in the first restaurant meeting ROFL ... It actually shows that Ram is nervous about Priya and whenever he sees her alone in close quarters he seems to digress from the main issues. A typical reaction of person who is affected by the other, trying to avoid and evade his inner voice.
    On that note, though - Ram should really ask for his money back; as that was NOT a pina colada, but plain pineapple juice. Trust me, I know LOL... Yeah I know, it was a mistake ram made. Actually as a person whos very meticulous and fastidious he should have looked given a second look at what palced before him. But alas, no he was more interested in slightling Priya .In that very moment he had lost the battle against his heart. Wake up Ram; look deep inside,atleast that pineapple juice should help you in bringing back to reality. 
  • I loved Ram's over-the-top flailing every time he got angry: "Will you please let me FINISH?!" ROFL and the whole "one good idea every four years" thing ROFL ... He he he. And while saying this, his words seems to escape  through the skin of his teethWink.No sooner thaqn he said these words Priya came with a bang and said that his good  idea too comes once in four years.LOLROFL.This knok jok was really worthwhile watching.

I really enjoyed Ram playing about with the table settings every time Priya would open her mouth, and then sitting back, folding his hands and saying "please continue" in this school-teacher/psychiatrist mellow tone, as if he was hanging off her every word ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL .. It seems so, but am sure post his marriage hes going earn a big stare from priya for his finicky nature. Its gonna be fun and interesting to see their personalities and nature clashing  and spilling  over in public places; a sight and scene worth watching.  
  • The idea of the two of them pretending to be friends until Nuts-Karthik's wedding would, of course, bring them in close proximity every so often, giving them a chance to like each other for real. And with the added museebat of the reporters capturing Ram's "proposal" ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL  (how hilarious did they look running into the room like losers?), this is only one more opportunity for them to come closer. I don't understand how Priya's ring came off, though - didn't see her playing with it. Yeah she removed it during the convo and started playing with it. It was good indication that something like this was gonaa happen sooner or later. Thans to Niharika things seems to beautifully fall into the place where she had cunningly and meticulously moved her pieces. So in a way her idea of tipping the press brings RP closer and am all too happy for it.

Edited by maris08 - 04 July 2011 at 7:35pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Cinderella100SphallolaliaPooja_219

tvshowfan

IF-Sizzlerz

tvshowfan

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
good comments Clap
yes  yestardays epi was ok but not dhamaka wala but i guess thats the only way we go for jul 06 the engagement LOL

yes priya and ram subconsiously have accepted each other LOL

ram getting night mare ROFL 
ram does not want to take pill, because he knows when priya is there though it gets angry he wont get heart attack LOL

priya did not wear bindi because of ram ShockedLOLROFL

yes whole restuarant scene was good ,  he getting hyper then cooling down LOL about ram being sarcastic priya ready to leave ram says sorry LOL 

finally niharika leaks the news and now RAYA are stuck LOL

AbhiAniSphallolalia

ssroomani

IF-Rockerz

ssroomani

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

Great post again, Vasu! Smile

I don't want to discuss Kuts-Nutz scene...Nuts is really nuts and Kuts goes nuts when he has to deal with Nuts...I did not like that scene one bit...Dead  It looks like their wedded life will be full of Nuts drama and Kuts slaps!

I am not so impressed with the scene at Sharma house either...it lacked conviction for me...somehow I am not able to accept Ayesha as most of you seem to do! Confused  DisapproveI am not comfortable with her...I cannot explain why!   That Priya agreed to see Ram because of Ayesha is something I find hard to digest!   Ermm

I liked the scene between Ram and Vikram the best in this episode...especially Ram's description of his dream and Vikram's grin...it was hilarious...ROFL

The restaurant scene was good too...the punch lines were good...LOL  and here too I liked Ram and his expressions much better than Priya!   Ram totally carried the episode yesterday...Big smile  

The end of their meeting was so contrived...Unhappy   I guess Niharika had to pull off something like this to force the marriage...but I feel it will not be Ram who accuses Priya of setting up the whole thing, rather the other way round...Priya will accuse Ram of setting up the press!   That is my feeling! Wink  

As to the restaurant scenes, I liked the tedi bindi fixing one much better...it was natural and their comments and the end with Priya tripping and Ram grinning...it was fab!   This one seems contrived in comparison though by itself, this scene is good too...Embarrassed

I think we are in for a mixed week this time...some psychoness and some awww moments...

There was one more promo yesterday of Nuts talking about the engagement...she says she will not leave any stone unturned to get this wedding to take place...that she loves her bhai even though he is not her saga bhai and that he has never let her feel she is not his saga sis...I did not see any mention of this promo in the posts here but I might have missed it...Embarrassed...actually seeing this promo, I thought Nuts would have a hand in bringing Ram n Priya together but it doesn't look like that!  Confused

Pooja_219avivakirk

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
I truly loved the scenes of Ram...the way he tells Vikram tht he saw Priya serving him tea in the morning and tht ws a nightmareROFLROFL...I collapsed laughingROFL

Plus the restaurant scene...tht ws too good..loved the leap conceptROFL never thought so...in this way...ROFL I loved it...so finally they have to accept each other today and the engagement follows tom...

As usual Vasu..lovely analysis...

I deliberately dont want to write much abt KN thing...it drags me to the core..I muted the volume and went away fr a whileLOL

br200910

IF-Rockerz

br200910

Posted: 05 July 2011 at 12:23am | IP Logged
 Raam to buri tarah press ke aage fashn gaya... Clap  kartik ka to nats ke aage kuch nahi chalta avi se ye haal hai Shaadi ke baad  kya karega ???ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuha

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.