Posted: 04 July 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Happy 4th of July to all my Stateside friends!!
I fail to understand why people who don't want their phone to ring in an important situation don't just turn it off. Is it the fault of the person calling them?? Karthik, you idiot, next time just switch your phone off...if only to save us poor audience members from having to sit through an excruciating Life Partner
Except, I guess Nuts is not as screechy as Genelia's character was in that scene...which is not to downplay the annoyance factor of this scene.
Anyway, moving on to the more important stuff...the random evil news editor - no, wait...that's not it. The random Karthik voice double and Akash-Nuts, yes that's what I wanted to talk about. No, maybe it was the super-fast talking, spiky-haired fool begging a girl to take him back.
The jealousy-invoking nutty Nuts begging/tricking a guy into kissing her? The slooow
motion moving towards the melding of lips, the idiotic fight, the THIRD slap of the show (man, Nuts should be careful of marrying this guy - that's twice he's slapped her
). Hell, this is one heck of an abusive relationship. Ah, screw it - I couldn't give a damn about any of this.
Why does Priya keep calling Ram Mr Perfect? Neither has he nor has anyone else ever termed him perfect...toh where is this chip on her shoulder coming from?
Even her haddi-less father knows he has faults...
Okay, let me just start off by saying that if this scene has taken place week or so ago, I might have enjoyed it more than I did. But then last week was such a step backwards that today's scene was actually a step forwards (when it reality it brought us right back to the place we were after the original restaurant scene). Anyway, to avoid confusing myself further, I'll move on to some thoughts about this scene:
- HOW cute was Ram when he sat down with this terrified look on his face, playing with his fingers?! Awww, so sweet - see, this is what Priya has done to a confident man. Made him too afraid/angry to even look at her...
- How hilarious were they arguing about how much alcohol there was in a pina colada and Ram going on about pineapples, much like Priya went on about irrigation in the first restaurant meeting
- On that note, though - Ram should really ask for his money back; as that was NOT a pina colada, but plain pineapple juice. Trust me, I know
- I loved Ram's over-the-top flailing every time he got angry: "Will you please let me FINISH?!" and the whole "one good idea every four years" thing
- I really enjoyed Ram playing about with the table settings every time Priya would open her mouth, and then sitting back, folding his hands and saying "please continue" in this school-teacher/psychiatrist mellow tone, as if he was hanging off her every word
- The idea of the two of them pretending to be friends until Nuts-Karthik's wedding would, of course, bring them in close proximity every so often, giving them a chance to like each other for real. And with the added museebat of the reporters capturing Ram's "proposal" (how hilarious did they look running into the room like losers?), this is only one more opportunity for them to come closer. I don't understand how Priya's ring came off, though - didn't see her playing with it.
Before I forget, I really liked (once again) Ayesha in the first scene. Every one went on trying to insult/shame/guilt Priya into marriage - your ages are similar, I don't want people to say bad things about you, why would you listen to me, I am not your mother? etc etc. Only Ayesha said, "He is the best choice for you". No qualifiers - just those words. Okay so the line about her life not being so good was a little
...dude, you've only lost a lottery you didn't actually play
; the world as you know it hasn't come to an end. But I liked her prompting Priya to go and see him at least once, and Priya accepting only for her, and Ayesha saying someone has to be Priya after she leaves. It's nice to know that Priya is her role model, even though sometimes she doesn't deserve to be.
Point to be noted - Shipra saying that "I am not your mother". Did she say it in one of this fits of anger where you say just about anything, or was it true? Judging by the non reactions from everyone, I'm guessing the former.
The episode was so-so. I liked the restaurant scene but not as much as I might have enjoyed it this time last week; Thursday's episode still has left a mark on me and I feel very strongly that Priya should apologise about that. After all, we don't want to scar Ram for life
And as you can tell from the above points, most of the things I loved were instigated by Ram. I love Sakshi to death, but Priya's outburst needs to be dealt with in a proper manner.
Edited by psawyer - 04 July 2011 at 1:06pm